Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

I have two Packers fan friends and they are completely baffled by this. He was the only piece of that secondary worth anything. And as mentioned by about 146 people on here, he's the #2 rated safety behind Swearinger. I believe he was tops last year as well. Individuals can have their takes, but even if you don't trust pff, it can't be too far off. After all, Swearinger has been a beast and he's appropriately rated #1...

21 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

It's possible the Packers plan on being aggressive in Free Agency?  That would nullify the comp pick from him leaving.

Trades does not grant compensatory picks. Only players you lose as Free Agent.

So they got a 4th, and that's all the Packers will got for that.

Just now, Wildbunny said:

BHRBN is updated with all those articles regarding the move, and I expect a few more in the next hour or two.

Appreciate all the work you've been putting in there while still maintaining a presence in the Stadium. 

Take 2 cheerleaders & a few beers out of petty cash. We'll write it off later. :D 

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'd be a lot more excited about this if the packers were 1 and 7 but the fact that they still have a legit shot at the playoffs makes me wonder if they felt he was a weakness more than a strength. 

I guess since he wasn't too expensive and we'll probably get a comp pick anyway it doesn't matter if he sucks it certainly shouldn't make us worse.

My guess is they knew he was gone after the year so get something in this draft

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

They're saying that the comp pick wouldn't have mattered for the Packers due to the fact that they plan on being aggressive in FA, hence nullifying the potential return. So, by doing this, they guarantee the 4th rounder that the likely otherwise wouldn't have received if/when he walked.

4 minutes ago, TK said:

Take 2 cheerleaders

My wife respectfully disagrees :D

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

They're saying that the comp pick wouldn't have mattered for the Packers due to the fact that they plan on being aggressive in FA, hence nullifying the potential return. So, by doing this, they guarantee the 4th rounder that the likely otherwise wouldn't have received if/when he walked.

Oh OK.

I thought you meant that they would get a compensatory pick added to the trade.

My mistake.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Franchise tagging a safety is dirt cheap compared to other defensive positions. That's an option for next year if nothing else. 

Thank you, Doug Williams! 

Gag reflex kicks in when I hear those words... but it's a very good point.

I'm just trying to make sense of this trade from the GB side, because they are in the playoff with the best QB in football, so it seems odd they would be sellers on the deadline and actually give away two players that from a talent stance can help them on the field.

Obviously Ty Montgomery had the fumble this past week which didn't let Rodgers get the ball down 6 late in the 4th quarter. Also his excuse made the coach look bad. An anonymous Packer posted how mad the team was at him and just a day ago Montgomery came back guns blazing. 

Shortly after that blowup two players are traded for not much, being Montgomery and Dix. 

Might this be Green Bay clearing out their locker room of two players who choose to be vocal outside of confines of their team? 

I'm not saying Ha-ha is bad for the locker room or that this wasn't a great deal. I'm just trying to piece things together from the other side. Whatever happened in Green Bay I don't really care. We got better at a position, which helps us and it didn't really cost anything when you factor in the potential compensatory pick if he leaves. 

25 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yes but had they sat on dix and came out aggressive in free agency they would get nothing in return for dix.

This way their guaranteed a 4th round pick.

25 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You misinterpreted, if they're aggressive in Free Agency, that would then cancel out any comp picks they were going to get.  So if they're planning on being aggressive in FA, then getting a draft pick via trade for someone they couldn't get a comp pick for anyways makes sense.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I didn't even think of that.  What was g bay thinking?  Just really wanted the pick a year earlier, even tho it's one round later??  Strange.

I heard on SiriusXM that he was very upset with the team for not getting a new contract done.  Sure that had something to do with it. 

Archived