Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

10 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Absolutely he is from a generation that watched Taylor, there is no way he would want that number in a skins uniform.

Speaking of which, I just found an absolute gem of a quote from HHCD interview way back in 2014 - The whole article is brilliant by the way - demonstrates the legacy ST21 left on our new safety tandem - The last thing HHCD does before he takes the field each game is watch ST21 highlights. (as reported by WaPo - https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/30/redskins-new-safety-ha-ha-clinton-dix-grew-up-idolizing-sean-taylor/?utm_term=.f37c406b90fb )....

"Clinton-Dix, who wasn’t yet 15 when Taylor was murdered in his Florida home in 2007, described his admiration for the late Redskins safety in a 2014 Q&A with Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reporter Tyler Dunne. When asked if he could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive, Clinton-Dix said Taylor. “I don’t really have a two or three,” he added."

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

i am actually OK with that. Green Bay doesnt have our DL. Our LB's have clear lanes in run support because of our outstanding DL. This allows HaHa to roam the backfield and make plays. This is a FANTASTIC get by the Skins. I am ecstatic. 

Can they negotiate with him during the season since he is on his rookie contract? I would try to lock him up long term if possible. Also we lost A LOT of free agents last year. We will probably be getting a 4th rounder for one of them I would imagine?

I agree and if you are counting on a safety to stop the run, the RB has already gained to many yards in my mind. We need someone that can cover. I'm not worried about the run defense they've proven they can stop the run this year. Haha won't make the defense worse or better in stopping the run.

We need pass breakups and ints haha can help there. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

funny (no pun intended) thing is that I wanted us to get him SOOOO badly in the 2014 draft, just so I could say ha ha whenever he caught an interception, especially against a division rival. 4 years later and my dream is going to come true!! :D 

lets hope you get to say haha alot

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Man. the Rams got Dante Fowler today. Talk about a sick defense. Donald, Suh, Fowler and Brockers? Goodness. But those salaries though!!!

The Rams may win it all this year, but then those salaries will trigger a mass exodus of players in free agency.  The Rams next year may look nothing like they do now.

2 minutes ago, jwo128 said:

Is that good or bad?  Not sure what his tweet means 

It’s over with, it’s done with is pretty much what Norman is saying, like y’all are done if you try us. Him and Swearinger are very excited about the signing. 

4 minutes ago, jwo128 said:

Is that good or bad?  Not sure what his tweet means 

Im with you apparently im to old to understand what the hell this means.

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

It’s over with, it’s done with is pretty much what Norman is saying, like y’all are done if you try us. Him and Swearinger are very excited about the signing. 

ok, i see that now, but geez....

So, I assume Ha-Ha will be able to suit up and start this Sunday?

14 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

The Rams may win it all this year, but then those salaries will trigger a mass exodus of players in free agency.  The Rams next year may look nothing like they do now.

I love what McVay is doing, but am very curious to see what will happen when Goff commands 6x his current salary. The guy is so smart that it's hard to doubt that he has a long term plan in place. I just have no idea how he'll do it... 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Who is making these deals for the Skins??? Doug or Bruce..???

From what I hear typically.  The pro scouts in this case identify the target.  Bruce negotiates the trade.  There is some speculation I've seen the Kyle might have his stamp on this being the SE scout with a clear affinity for Alabama guys-- though not sure if he was the area scout in the SE back then. 

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

I'm just trying to make sense of this trade from the GB side, because they are in the playoff with the best QB in football, so it seems odd they would be sellers on the deadline and actually give away two players that from a talent stance can help them on the field.

Obviously Ty Montgomery had the fumble this past week which didn't let Rodgers get the ball down 6 late in the 4th quarter. Also his excuse made the coach look bad. An anonymous Packer posted how mad the team was at him and just a day ago Montgomery came back guns blazing. 

Shortly after that blowup two players are traded for not much, being Montgomery and Dix. 

Might this be Green Bay clearing out their locker room of two players who choose to be vocal outside of confines of their team? 

I'm not saying Ha-ha is bad for the locker room or that this wasn't a great deal. I'm just trying to piece things together from the other side. Whatever happened in Green Bay I don't really care. We got better at a position, which helps us and it didn't really cost anything when you factor in the potential compensatory pick if he leaves. 

I red an article today that he was supposed to not run the ball out but down the ball in the endzone and he ignored the coachs call and that was why he was let go

just checked out the GB point of view a little

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/30/breaking-down-the-packers-trade-of-s-ha-ha-clinton-dix/

Through the past two seasons, Clinton-Dix can more or less be described as follows: assignment sound, average speed, loathes contact, takes poor pursuit angles, arm tackles and, in general, shies away from physicality. He can be counted on to be in the right area, but during frequent media sessions he’s demonstrated an aversion to taking personal responsibility, though his on-field performances don’t ring a “lead by example” bell. Look around a pile when the Packers tackle an opposing ball carrier. More often than not, you’d say a variety of Packers jumping in and making an effort. Outside that bubble you’ll spot Clinton-Dix, standing in position but just that – standing. Perhaps the biggest issue, when lumped into a singular indictment, has been Clinton-Dix’s complete lack of effort.

In terms of what the Packers will miss is obvious. For as unevenly as Clinton-Dix has played in each of the past two seasons, it’s hard to think they have any reliable talent behind him. Kentrell Brice has been burned too often, and the next logical fill-in would be Jermaine Whitehead, another undrafted free agent.

..Some out-of-the-box considerations include shifting Bashaud Breeland to safety. He has yet to be activated since signing with the Packers. Either he truly wasn’t physically ready, or perhaps he’s been taking some practice reps at safety. The last option is to let Josh Jackson get some reps at safety. It’s no secret that Jackson doesn’t have ideal foot speed to play corner, but he’s plenty fast to play safety. In college, Jackson was most effective in zone, demonstrating the best ball skills among draft-eligible corners.

The Packers have options. If Clinton-Dix’s departure begets a more aggressive, feistier defense, while saving $3.5 million in cap space plus netting an additional fourth-round pick, it would be a win-win for Brian Gutekunst in his first full season as general manager.

Archived