Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety Clinton Dix to the skins

KillBill26

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

One of the talking heads here, said we're not strong at safety.  WTF?  Can someone explain? I'm confused, has he not seen D.J. Swearinger this season? :(

Agree.  Reading some of the GB perspective reports from their reporters -- its far from all flattering on Dix.  the picture they paint is he's not a tough dude and isn't a hot tackler but more of a free safety ball hawk.   If so, he's described more as a pure free safety -- meaning DJ plays strong. 

Wait, what?  I mean, I get that they may have wanted to get Josh Jones on the field more, but Clinton-Dix has been a playmaker back there.  Kentrell Brice, on the other hand, has been the guy who gets beat on the deep balls.  I really don't get this move from the Packers' perspective barring the undisclosed pick being a first rounder to go all-in next year.

55 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Why is the NFL so trade crazy? Does anyone remember a year like this? So many teams going nuts getting rid of their good players? Is there an amazing draft coming up? Is there something going on with the cap?

I heard some stuff on the radio today that the NFL owners are reacting to their lost fans showing up in stadiums. Trying to keep the season exciting. And trying to stay above the other sports.  But the ratings have actually gone up this year so I dont know how accurate that is.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Reading some of the GB perspective reports from their reporters -- its far from all flattering on Dix.  the picture they paint is he's not a tough dude and isn't a hot tackler but more of a free safety ball hawk.   If so, he's described more as a pure free safety -- meaning DJ plays strong. 

I've been reading a lot of the same, that he doesn't like to hit and won't stick his nose in to make a tackle.  But no one seems to knock his ball hawking ability.  This doesn't bother me one bit.  The way our front seven has been playing, with DJ mopping up behind them, I'm not worried about our center fielder free safety and his run stopping ability.  An upgrade on the back end should we see the saints again or other high powered offenses is what we needed.  And we got one of the best in the biz at what he does.  Great fit with our current personnel. 

And as far as some concerns about locker room issues in g bay, I'm not worried about that either.  Dix already has several bama teammates, he is getting a lot of love from dj and Norman etc.  It's not like HHCD has had a reputation as a cancer, and even if there were some minor issues, a change of scenery could help that.  And for only a 4th rounder, I'm loving the move.  Now let's shut down Ryan to julio on Sunday and start it off right.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Swearinger was already slotted at the strong this year which is his more natural playing position anyways

21 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I know I haven’t posted in a while. Not to get into why too much and make this about me, but just in case anyone was wondering my mother fell critically ill towards the end of July and then passed away on August 8th. It was very unexpected and sudden, so tough to take, hence the absence. I want to say thank you to everyone who reached out and asked about my whereabouts, you guys know who you are and I certainly know now who I consider true friends on here.

Sorry to hear about your mom, amigo....hope you and your family are doing well.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Meaning exactly what we are in need of. Exactly. 

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

that he doesn't like to hit and won't stick his nose in to make a tackle.

Good. Because ‘hitting’ in today’s NFL will be obsolete very soon. Defenders will need to adjust quickly to using their arms and wrapping up. Ditto using your head as part of the tackle.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I've been reading a lot of the same, that he doesn't like to hit and won't stick his nose in to make a tackle.  But no one seems to knock his ball hawking ability.  This doesn't bother me one bit.  The way our front seven has been playing, with DJ mopping up behind them, I'm not worried about our center fielder free safety and his run stopping ability.  An upgrade on the back end should we see the saints again or other high powered offenses is what we needed.  And we got one of the best in the biz at what he does.  Great fit with our current personnel. 

And as far as some concerns about locker room issues in g bay, I'm not worried about that either.  Dix already has several bama teammates, he is getting a lot of love from dj and Norman etc.  It's not like HHCD has had a reputation as a cancer, and even if there were some minor issues, a change of scenery could help that.  And for only a 4th rounder, I'm loving the move.  Now let's shut down Ryan to julio on Sunday and start it off right.

I am watching him right now. I am not seeing someone that shy's away from contact at all. GB has even blitzed him in this game against the Rams. He is all over the field. The only negative I can see is he isnt a real rah rah guy. Not emotional and going crazy with the rest of his teammates. But maybe that is just how he plays the game?

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am watching him right now. I am not seeing someone that shy's away from contact at all. GB has even blitzed him in this game against the Rams. He is all over the field. The only negative I can see is he isnt a real rah rah guy. Not emotional and going crazy with the rest of his teammates. But maybe that is just how he plays the game?

Swearinger and Norman will pick up his slack in the rah rah department.

I don't know where the narrative of him not sticking his nose in to make tackles comes from.  The only thing I'd say on that front is that he hasn't always taken the best angles, but not to the point where I expect him to miss on any given play.  Wasn't it against you guys earlier this year where he completely levelled the receiver while simultaneously making the interception?

Archived