Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Saints Prediction Thread: Who Will Show Up In The 'Big Easy'?

skins island connection

Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?

• Redskins
    • Saints
    • The highly unlikely tie

14 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Go check out the Saints message board...basically the consensus is that the Redskins shouldn't even bother playing. 

They're saying that the team is injured and that it will be a blow out on MNF. 

My experience is Saints fans are like that. They tend to think their team is unbeatable.

22 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I hope Jay spend at least one hour each day looping the last 6 minutes of last year's game until they are completly fed up and fired up about it and wants to kick them straight in the mouth and keeps on all day long.

Since most of our guys were already there last year, I believe most of them won't need much of a motivation just to correct this mistake (O and D, both) and will show up from the beginning.

I also think that Chris Thompson won't broke his leg twice in a row on a fluke play against the Saints, and he was tearing it up until he went down. Reed was not there..

So all in all, I like our matchup.

Redskins 34

Saints: 20

Icing on the cake?

Brees throw for 199 yards and 2 INTs (he threw at least one in each game he played against us)

Although I think the Saints will win, your reasons for a Redskins victory are very reasonable and something we Redskins fans can hang our hats on.

Thanks!!! ?

9 hours ago, nonniey said:

Only shot we have is the Superdome has a long power outage forcing a delay from Monday to Tuesday.  It's a Monday night game guys can't believe the majority is predicting a win. We don't win on Mondays.

Nobody wins on a Monday. Nobody. :ols:

8 hours ago, Vanguard said:

The Saints always get lit up.  You can throw the ball on them too though.

Need to keep their offense off the field and our defense fresh. We're not winning a shoot out against the saints. 

I think this is a pick your poison game for the Skins. The Saints are going to move the ball. We need to do everything we can to make the Saints score slowly. I would focus on keeping everything in front of us on D and dare them to run. Even if they have success running it (I think they will), it forces their O line to not have drive killing holding penalties and has them scoring more slowly. I think the goal should be to make them have 8+ play scoring drives, not 4 play scoring drives. We will need to get a lead early and then have success in the run game. Not sure we can do all that, but I’m going to predict we can, as a I will be there and can’t predict a loss for a game I’m atrending. 

Skins - 32

Saints - 23

HAIL

4 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

We never seem prepared, when COMING OFF THE BYE WEEK.  Sigh.

The previous two seasons under Gruden we were. Although you’re correct about the first two seasons under him (although it was a tall task for that 2014 team to do anything, and for the 2015 team to beat the patriots)

5 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Go check out the Saints message board...basically the consensus is that the Redskins shouldn't even bother playing. 

They're saying that the team is injured and that it will be a blow out on MNF. 

The team is injured? .....OUR team? As in, like, these here Washington Redskins? ? well, that’s news to me ? 

are they dillusional down in New Orleans? 

19 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Do you really think our offense sucks that much that we score significantly less than what the Saints allow per game? That our defense is just on-par with the Giants?

If the NFL and outcomes of games were based solely on stats and previous matchups , than everyone would be a handicapper and Vegas would be out of business. With that said with your logic, yes , we should win this game on Monday night BUT MY GUT TELLS ME OTHERWISE. New Orleans beats us by 2 touchdowns. 

FYI I hope I'm wrong and on Tuesday morning you are telling me what a fool i am. Redskins >My Ego. HTTR

56 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

We never seem prepared, when COMING OFF THE BYE WEEK.  Sigh.

For some reason this reminds me of...YOU NEVER MOVE YOUR BACK ROW!!

C'mon TK what's your prediction on the game? ya gotta give us something..over all the years through all the prediction threads you have never predicted the score of a game.

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I’m glad the Saints fans think they will walk all over us. Hope that permeates into the locker room. Overconfidence is the first step towards failure. Let’s get it Boys!

Heck smart Redskins fans think they are going to walk all over us. After bye and on a Monday??????  That is like scheduling Dracula for a fight at St Peters Basilica at noon on Easter Sunday.

26 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@nonniey to each there own I guess. If that’s what you believe then so be it. We got a helluva chance to go in there and get this W, we’ve always played them tough. It’s HTTR all day for me.

Hell yeah this is what I'm talking about.. despite how loud it is we've always played them very well going back several years.. and I don't give a **** what day of the week or time of the day it is I like the Redskins chances!

Skins are gonna lose, unfortunately. No idea of the score...The team could be 5-3 at the halfway point and leading the division, but this game they will lose. If the defense plays lights out, Peterson is 100% and Doctson says "**** this ****" and actually starts playing like a starting WR, the Skins will blow out the Saints. But I don't expect all three of those to be the case Monday night. One, sure. Maybe two if we're extremely lucky. Not all three.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Skins are gonna lose, unfortunately. No idea of the score...The team could be 5-3 at the halfway point and leading the division, but this game they will lose. If the defense plays lights out, Peterson is 100% and Doctson says "**** this ****" and actually starts playing like a starting WR, the Skins will blow out the Saints. But I don't expect all three of those to be the case Monday night. One, sure. Maybe two if we're extremely lucky. Not all three.

Well Doctson ruled out so only 2 are even possible now.  

I'm really curious about their ol injuries. From what I've seen, their LT and LG are both questionable which could mean a big day for Smith and Allen. That said they have one of the best lines in football when healthy. 

I think we match up well with them so I'm going to say our defense can probably do its job, 34-14 Redskins

16 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

Well Doctson ruled out so only 2 are even possible now.  

Well there you go.  All hope is now lost.  Doctson gives the team how many catches, yards, and TDs when he starts?  The Redskins should forfeit Monday's game in hopes of getting him back next week.?

5 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm really curious about their ol injuries. From what I've seen, their LT and LG are both questionable which could mean a big day for Smith and Allen. That said they have one of the best lines in football when healthy. 

I think we match up well with them so I'm going to say our defense can probably do its job, 34-14 Redskins

Yeah they don't have any injuries and just got Ingram back off a 4 game doping penalty. 

Saints are firing with a turbo boost.

Obviously, on a Redskins site, some folks are going to find reasons to believe and predict a W.  But a 20 point victory in NO on MNF. I cannot wrap my head around what goes into that type of prediction.  Phew.  I wouldnt be totally surprised to see the Skins win, as some of the numbers are in their favor.  But if they do it will be close.

Saints    31

Redskins  20

6 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

If that happens, I am booking my playoff tickets now. I am cautiously optimistic but I've admitted that's emotionally driven  -- I was at the NO game last year been hungry for revenge from the second that game ended. 

Archived