Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Saints Prediction Thread: Who Will Show Up In The 'Big Easy'?

skins island connection

Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?

• Redskins
    • Saints
    • The highly unlikely tie

For everyone that is taking shots at the correct score and the indoor/outdoor flag.

Just make sure you are aware that Ted Ginn Jr. has been ruled out of the game by the Saints with a knee injury.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24912202/ted-ginn-jr-new-orleans-saints-wide-receiver-vs-washington-redskins-knee-injury

That's one less weapon for Drew B. (not Barrymore, the other Drew B.)

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If that happens, I am booking my playoff tickets now. I am cautiously optimistic but I've admitted that's emotionally driven  -- I was at the NO game last year been hungry for revenge from the second that game ended. 

Last year showed we have the talent to match up with them. It's just a matter of letting our foot off the gas. 

But it looks like their LT and LG will play, so there goes that hope. 

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Last year showed we have the talent to match up with them. It's just a matter of letting our foot off the gas. 

But it looks like their LT and LG will play, so there goes that hope. 

They arguably have one of the hottest QBs, one of the hottest RBs and hottest WR in the league right now.   It will be one heck of a test for the defense.  Saints are good at stopping the run but I suspect it's going to be the Chris Thompson-Peterson show regardless.  They both have a special personal stake in this one.

This is almost a carbon copy of last year's game except that it's in prime time and the Skins actually have better personnel at the RB position with CT and Peterson.  The offense needs to score methodically to keep Brees and company off the field.  The Skins had this game won last year until they didn't which is where having Peterson is so important as opposed to Perine and Kelly which killed them.  They need to get to Brees not by sacks but by getting in his throwing lanes like 2012.  27-33 points can be enough to beat the Saints and the defense needs to make sound open field tackles or it's going to be a long night.  I see a 30-23 win if things go well.  I can also see a 30-10 loser if they come out flat which is typical post bye under Gruden

Re-watched that game last year. Honestly our team and coaches should have been investigated for points shaving. I don’t think they could have played those final 5 minutes any worse. We’ve had worse losses in terms of impact but that was the worst in terms of on field play. Inexcusable 

anyways, this is the game that Gruden era Skins usually fight hard but lose. To be taken seriously, you have to beat good teams. This “good” team is very beatable imo. 

But I have to see it first 

Skins 30

Saints 34

This is sort of a perfect storm for us (well... against us).  

A balanced offense that is excellent at the run and pass, and a defense that can stop the run.  The fact that their pass D blows just invites opponents to get into shootouts, which favors the Saints.  

Honestly though, I would strongly consider coming out passing - mostly quick passes to move the chains and chew up the clock.  Throw to loosen up that run D, and then mix it up.  

If we come out running almost every first down and get minimal yardage (or get stuffed), it could be a long day for Smith (facing longer 3rd downs) and consequently a long day for the D.  

Regardless, I hope we at least use PA and quick passes on 1st down more often than usual.  

The problem is this team always gets full of themselves after a win.

Week 1 after the cards, the linemen play dress up on Friday and proceed to get embarrassed by the Colts the next game.

We beat the packers, AP goes out and buys scooters for the offense, and they’re just having a merry ‘ol time.

This team is historically retarded after a win.

Expect to get massacred on Monday night.

Edit: also, whenever our division gifts us losses and we’re in position to take the lead, we never take advantage

Well, as of sunday night, both the Eagles and giants lost, and the Pukes are losing at halftime.

Sports broadcasters won't know how to react if the Redskins beat the Saints Monday night, but I doubt the team will get the respect it deserves, especially if they win.

Gruden will have to coach probably his best game ever if the Redskins are gonna win, can't disrespect Payton, he's a helluva coach and he'll have his team ready; it will be up to the players to get this W. But, these are the games where before half or the end, Gruden will get 'lost' in a situation on-field, and play right into the Saints' hands. He has to have situational play calls ready for Smith, no fumbling around like last year.

I am pumped for the game, can't wait, and hopefully this team starts getting recognized for the right reasons.

I really want the skins to come out and make a statement that they can beat the best and are a team to be reckoned with...

Unfortunately history with Gruden after the bye and on Monday nights is horrendous. I want the team to win and get a good lead in the East, but have a sinking feeling they'll stumble and bumble around to a resounding loss and muddy up the waters in the division standings, letting everyone else breathe easier.

Hope Alex is the cure to our Monday night woes.. skins win 28-17.

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Well, as of sunday night, both the Eagles and giants lost, and the Pukes are losing at halftime.

Sports broadcasters won't know how to react if the Redskins beat the Saints Monday night, but I doubt the team will get the respect it deserves, especially if they win.

Gruden will have to coach probably his best game ever if the Redskins are gonna win, can't disrespect Payton, he's a helluva coach and he'll have his team ready; it will be up to the players to get this W. But, these are the games where before half or the end, Gruden will get 'lost' in a situation on-field, and play right into the Saints' hands. He has to have situational play calls ready for Smith, no fumbling around like last year.

I am pumped for the game, can't wait, and hopefully this team starts getting recognized for the right reasons.

If they win the LINE battles, then calling the game is much easier for Gruden.  Run, RPO, and take a shot downfield when it's there. 4 min drill you use AP and allow Smith to use his experience.  Very possible to win any game in the NFL when you win at the line of scrimmage.  DL has to bring 4 QTRs of football with constant team play on Defense.  Gap sound, pressure, get off the field on 3rd down.  Standard formula, just gotta do it better than the other guys.

Saints offense is playing lights out.  If you make a mistake then they'll beat you.  Gotta play the game to find out!

Forgive me because I really just watch the redskins and nfce teams to hope they lose, but have any of the teams the saints played so far been any good? I mean, I just looked at their schedule this season, and it doesn't seem like they've won against a bunch of world beaters.  All the teams they beat, according to their record, aren't too great. I mean i know DB is a really good QB, but are people freaking out over their record despite the fact that they've played a bunch of mediocre teams so far? 

3 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

Forgive me because I really just watch the redskins and nfce teams to hope they lose, but have any of the teams the saints played so far been any good? I mean, I just looked at their schedule this season, and it doesn't seem like they've won against a bunch of world beaters.  All the teams they beat, according to their record, aren't too great. I mean i know DB is a really good QB, but are people freaking out over their record despite the fact that they've played a bunch of mediocre teams so far? 

yeah they ran into FitzMagic week 1, then almost lost to the Browns.  Atlanta has no D, nor does NY.  The best D was Cleveland and they scored with Tyrod Taylor offense and missed a final play FG to send it into overtime, in NO.  Very valid point. 

Archived