Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Saints Prediction Thread: Who Will Show Up In The 'Big Easy'?

skins island connection

Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?

• Redskins
    • Saints
    • The highly unlikely tie

My concern is with Kamara getting outside. Taking that first step towards the LOS then darting to the right and swinging around at full speed.

I think this game will be won or lost with the LBers. They MUST maintain their responsibilities; they do this and they can stop Kamara for 2-4 yd gains, which will frustrate Payton and he will get away from him.

Its Monday night, the nation is watching because it appears to be a very entertaining game on paper, and the players just need to play ball, don't try to be the hero of the game and things could very well play in our favor. Some are ranking the Saints in the top 5, and like the Redskins, they suffer from fame and struggle as soon as people start talking about them. Overall, both teams lead their division, and they go on bye after this game, so maybe the football gods want the NFC East to be more competitive so they will smile on the Redskins while the Saints division becomes clustered.

I hope Jay spend at least one hour each day looping the last 6 minutes of last year's game until they are completly fed up and fired up about it and wants to kick them straight in the mouth and keeps on all day long.

Since most of our guys were already there last year, I believe most of them won't need much of a motivation just to correct this mistake (O and D, both) and will show up from the beginning.

I also think that Chris Thompson won't broke his leg twice in a row on a fluke play against the Saints, and he was tearing it up until he went down. Reed was not there..

So all in all, I like our matchup.

Redskins 34

Saints: 20

Icing on the cake?

Brees throw for 199 yards and 2 INTs (he threw at least one in each game he played against us)

We are 2-10 in our last 12 MNF games. Gruden has been notably mediocre coming off bye weeks. 

The Saints offense is the first REAL test for our defense this year (Sam Badford..Lucks 2nd game in a few years..Rodgers on one leg). 

But, all things considered, I don’t think we get blown out. I also don’t think we win, and I foresee it being similar to the Kansas City game last year, where we play them close for 4 quarters with a chance to win, but just don’t get there. 

Saints 30 

Redskins 27

19 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Its Monday night, the nation is watching because it appears to be a very entertaining game on paper, and the players just need to play ball, don't try to be the hero of the game and things could very well play in our favor. Some are ranking the Saints in the top 5, and like the Redskins, they suffer from fame and struggle as soon as people start talking about them. Overall, both teams lead their division, and they go on bye after this game, so maybe the football gods want the NFC East to be more competitive so they will smile on the Redskins while the Saints division becomes clustered.

In our case, that is more likely because we weren't really good. Just a mediocre team getting lucky.  In 2008, we were pretty much a one-trick pony. Clinton Portis was killing it in the first half of that season, and when he was done, we even started losing to teams that weren't very good. The Saints?  Probably because they can kill bad teams but most of the time are just a mediocre team with a great quarterback.

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What does this mean?..the saints are picked to win by 7?..i don't gamble

That means in order to win a bet picking the Saints, they have to win by more than 7 points.  So, yes the Saints are favored by 7 points.

With that being said, the Line was -6.5 pts and that means that book makers wanted to get most the money on the Saints early.  Essentially moving the Line to 7 means it's heavy on the side of the Redskins to beat the spread at 7.  The best odds are taking the Skins and the 7 points. 

Biggest issue I see in this game isn't trying to find a way to win, but if you risk playing Norman with a strained hamstring...?  He's likely to tear it if it's questionable and then you'll lose him for the next 6-8 weeks and have to play one of 3 rookies on the other side of first year starter Dunbar.  Honestly, if they have an MRI on him and see a tear, you gotta sit'em. 

2 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Do you really think our offense sucks that much that we score significantly less than what the Saints allow per game? That our defense is just on-par with the Giants?

Not saying you're wrong and he's right but the Saints are very good at stopping the run so if we can't run the ball then we have to lean on Alex and the WR's.

That's where it gets hairy.

23 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Not saying you're wrong and he's right but the Saints are very good at stopping the run so if we can't run the ball then we have to lean on Alex and the WR's.

That's where it gets hairy.

Yes and No. 

Saints run defense stats are skewed because teams get forced to pass. 

Key is stopping the Saints from running the ball and Running the ball against the Saints.  If you get ahead of the Saints and have a good defense, then you have a chance to win.  As soon as you get behind and have to get away from a ball control and into a pass first offense, you've played into the Saints trap.  Basically, you MUST run the ball against the Saints to win.  If you can't, you lose.

There's also the 'Second Half' onslaught.  Saints play second half football.  Redskins play first half football in their good games and haven't played well in the second half.  Heavily favors a Saints win if the Skins don't get out in front and run the ball, controlling the clock, for 4 Quarters.  Very tall task for the Skins.

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Saints run defense stats are skewed because teams get forced to pass. 

Not the case this year, The Saints have been losing at the half 2 of the 4 games they've played and in the other 2 games they were winning by 2 and 5 points at the half, in 3 of their 4 games they were losing or tied going into the 4th quarter, last week against the Giants they had a 9 point lead going into the fourth but that's not enough of a buffer to abandon the run and sellout to the pass.

Teams are taking advantage of their weak passing defense but it's not because the Saints are blowing their opponents out and those teams are chasing them, the data doesn't support that.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:09 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Only shot we have is to run the ball successfully. 

Going to be interesting to see if our corners are actually legit. 

Only shot we have is the Superdome has a long power outage forcing a delay from Monday to Tuesday.  It's a Monday night game guys can't believe the majority is predicting a win. We don't win on Mondays.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Only shot we have is to run the ball successfully. 

Going to be interesting to see if our corners are actually legit. 

The Saints always get lit up.  You can throw the ball on them too though.

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What does this mean?..the saints are picked to win by 7?..i don't gamble

I don't gamble either.  It's a waste of time.  I always used to hear the Sports Junkies talk about it on their show when I did listen.  Like gambling really matters to any real football fan.  I don't listen anymore though, they are way too anti-Redskin.  There's only one real Redskin fan out of the bunch.  And even he isn't a die hard imho.

Archived