Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Saints Prediction Thread: Who Will Show Up In The 'Big Easy'?

skins island connection

Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Battle in the Bayou?

• Redskins
    • Saints
    • The highly unlikely tie

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

It's Drew Brees Night.  New Orleans 41, Hapless Skins 23

If they play the tribute video during a drive my head will explode.

Remember the 2012 season opener? The Saints were supposed to annihilate us with all that pent up frustration from Bountygate. Instead RG3 in his debut lit em up.

The Saints are good...but they also gave up 48 to the Bucs and won a coin flip game against a bad Falcon team. They also were a missed XP away from losing to the Browns at home.

They can be beat, Superdome or not.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Remember the 2012 season opener? The Saints were supposed to annihilate us with all that pent up frustration from Bountygate. Instead RG3 in his debut lit em up.

The Saints are good...but they also gave up 48 to the Bucs and won a coin flip game against a bad Falcon team. They also were a missed XP away from losing to the Browns at home.

They can be beat, Superdome or not.

Great points and post. **** the saints, they ain't all that. 

I am just jaded from watching us falling off of most big stages we have been on over the past decade. Does anyone have our record in prime time handy, from the past X or 10 years? That may explain a lot.

23 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Great points and post. **** the saints, they ain't all that. 

I am just jaded from watching us falling off of most big stages we have been on over the past decade. Does anyone have our record in prime time handy, from the past X or 10 years? That may explain a lot.

I believe koolblue just mentioned we haven't won a primetime game after a bye week in 16 years..

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Saints are awesome on prime time.

Redskins haven't won on Monday after a bye in 16 years.

That's insane.  Also, 5 MNF losses in a row.  What are they like 3-20 or something like that on MNF?  First Take actually ran a segment last year about how the Redskins should be banned from MNF.

Statement game tonight one way or another.  I know the Saints are far from easy.  But if this culture has indeed changed and they've risen above mediocrity -- this game is a perfect prove it game.

The Redskins have a chance, once again, to take that next step tonight. With the rest of the NFC East losing, they won't hurt themselves with a loss. But could be a defining win. Too often have lost these games. From 2015-17, Skins 9-14 after a W (14-6-1 after an L).

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's insane.  Also, 5 MNF losses in a row.  What are they like 3-20 or something like that on MNF?  First Take actually ran a segment last year about how the Redskins should be banned from MNF.

Statement game tonight one way or another.  I know the Saints are far from easy.  But if this culture has indeed changed and they've risen above mediocrity -- this game is a perfect prove it game.

Before this season and maybe still, if you had a choice between us and the Browns on mnf to play, you'd pick us 

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Before this season and maybe still, if you had a choice between us and the Browns on mnf to play, you'd pick us 

It's like the perfect storm:

They are coming off a bye

They are coming off of a win

They are playing on MNF

They are playing a good team

Wonder if this fits Kevin Sheehan's smell test where his theory is if the game seems so tilted the other way then the odds are it goes the opposite. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But it's the Big Easy!  ?

Just kidding, we're gonna get squashed.

2.5 hours to go and I'm already drunk, anyways, here is what I'm thinking:

1. Drew Brees is 201 yds away from a record, is he going to try to get it tonight against us?

2. They're running game saved them last week, thats all they used. I heard we were preparing for a shootout, can we stop the run?

3. AP is apparently pissed at the Saints...still! Do we hand him the rock and just let him do his thing?

4. Saints D is...ok..., but the offense is third or fourth in the league, they average 34 points a game. Do we coming out swinging like we did against the Pack? If so, do we also let off the gas in the second half? If that happens, we lose this game.

Saints 30, Redskins 21.

Of course the opportunity for us to take 1st place in a crumbling division is on a Monday Night Game.  I don't need to rehash how terrible we have been on prime time TV.

We do match up well with the Saints, we have played them well for some reason in recent matchups. 

But we haven't faced a QB as good as Brees this year (75% of Aaron Rodgers is dangerous but we didn't beat him at his best) and we haven't played anyone as good as Kamara.  Ingram comes back tonite.  

If we can pull off a win tonight, I will be excited about this team.  I'm just not feeling it though, we've been down this road before.  Brees comes out firing and is over the record by halftime.

AP stomps the aints D

Thompson catches 3rd gear

Our D line gets 4 sacks

Shy away from the obvious over bet here! 

If you waited for the end of this week to risk your cheese...have grandmom

teach you how to wager. 7 points on open, very rarely go's up....

Trap game this week. Tweener...

6 ain't enough...pun intended

So sorry....Da clown dont bet off his sleeve....this week

HTTR 

But anyhoo....

Let's give em'

H

E

DUB Tooth picks! 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's like the perfect storm:

They are coming off a bye

They are coming off of a win

They are playing on MNF

They are playing a good team

Wonder if this fits Kevin Sheehan's smell test where his theory is if the game seems so tilted the other way then the odds are it goes the opposite. 

Yeah starrs are aligned for us to write history tonite.

Just like the Barca two years ago qualifying against PSG after losing the first game 4-0. There was absolutely 0 chances for them to make it.

And they still did it.

It's time for our guys, our FO, to go out and start writing their own history, and stop living in the past.

Then just make sure we didn't play our Superbowl.

18 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

1. Drew Brees is 201 yds away from a record, is he going to try to get it tonight against us?

2. They're running game saved them last week, thats all they used. I heard we were preparing for a shootout, can we stop the run?

3. AP is apparently pissed at the Saints...still! Do we hand him the rock and just let him do his thing?

4. Saints D is...ok..., but the offense is third or fourth in the league, they average 34 points a game. Do we coming out swinging like we did against the Pack? If so, do we also let off the gas in the second half? If that happens, we lose this game.

1. He most likely will. But I believe he'll be happier with throwing 150 yards and winning than throwing 300 and losing. Anyway, he'll break the record, and by a large margin at the end of the year. It's just a matter of when, not if.

2.That relies solely on Zach Brown's shoulders.

3. Most likely yes. But I believe he's not the only one being pissed and wanting revenge.

4. Feel like we're gonna fire on all cylinders quick.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But we haven't faced a QB as good as Brees this year (75% of Aaron Rodgers is dangerous but we didn't beat him at his best) and we haven't played anyone as good as Kamara.  Ingram comes back tonite.  

True, but somehow we always had Drew Brees' number as well. For whatever reason we seem to give him a hard time playing. Don't see any real reason for this to change this year.

Ill just say this, everything points against us getting a win tonight. We suck on monday night, are mediocre coming off bye's, Brees gonna set the record, we are coming in gimpy.  But if we can somehow pull it off, we will know what kind of team we have this year. And as a side note, while I dont really care about other teams, it will be nice to see Brees take that record from Manning.

Nice trap game for the home team. 

AP motivated to move the chains and show on MNF...AP takes one to the house!

Brees hasn't thrown a pick yet...how about pushing a little and throwing 2 this game Drew...DJ gets his!

Revenge set for the Saints weakness in the slot, go CT and Reed festival in the byou!

Saints haven't played a good defense...stay gap sound and kick it up a notch with pressure sacks. Over-looking 91 here is a mistake!

If I'm the Saints...gadget plays, record seeking, over confident PrimeTime trap game!   VS... OL/DL sound, run first, old school grinders!

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like this sentiment but...it's Monday night.

I hear you, but I'm not buying it.  Though you can find some value in historical, every year it's a different story and the game time isn't normally a factor coming off a Bye Week.  Skins are better prepared in this game then previously. 

Do you see NO blowing out the Skins?  or is it more likely the Skins could blow out the Saints? 

If it's a close game...advantage Saints depending on the possession in the last several minutes of the game. 

Archived