Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just posted this in the FA thread, but it's worth noting that only 3 FA's who were new to the team made the final 53: Paul Richardson, McPhee and AP.  Unless I'm Missing somebody, that's the list. 

So, the FO believes they have a great team, ready to win, only added a second-tier WR, an average OLB, and were forced into a RB because of an injury.

They better be right. 

Otherwise the team is essentially the same as last year minus rookies. 

And of course, Alex Smith vs. Kirk Cousins, who came in a trade. 

It's not exactly rocket science to believe if we didn't start 50 some O Line combinations last year, down to our 6th back or whatever, lost Allen for the year, Ioanidis for chunks,Norman for a chunk, hardly had Reed, Thompson gone, and on and on and on, that we would have had 10-11 wins rather than the 7 they ended up with. It's been hashed and rehashed but we were a few inches from wins over KC and NO WITH all of the injuries. Going bonkers adding a bunch of FA's and changing a bunch of things around would be doing the exact opposite of what everybody has pushed for Snyder to do since he bought the team, exercising patience. And whether they are right or not I'm not sure, but I think they likely view Smith as an upgrade. That's the vibe I get anyway.

You are right, they better be right. But it's not like they stuck with the same exact roster after a 4 win year like 2014. The talent is here. A really good coach should get us to the playoffs this year. I think betting the over on Vegas wins is stealing money to be honest. But we'll find out here shortly!

5 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I've wasted hours of my life with this uneventful meh roster cut-down.  Guess I need to go outside and roam around Bangkok to regain some clarity. ??:rofl89:

Make sure to go to Sirroco's and watch some Jazz on the 63rd floor. They have great food. Then get down to the Hard Rock. The music is good but the scenery is better. You can go to the palace during the day. The buffet at the Mandarin Oriental is awesome. Good show too!  

Fun city. 

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Just for fun, former Redskins cut around the league:

DL AJ Francis

WR Nick Williams

OL Josh LeRebieus

WR Kendal Thompson 

CB David Amerson

K Nick Rose

OL Vinston Painter

Thompson never actually made the team, but he was in camp every year for 100 years.

well on this subject, I might by LeRebieus as being better than Bergstrom and he had two years in Gruden's system, and enough want to get back in the league after a year out(that doesn't happen all that often)

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Make sure to go to Sirroco's and watch some Jazz on the 63rd floor. They have great food. Then get down to the Hard Rock. The music is good but the scenery is better. You can go to the palace during the day. The buffet at the Mandarin Oriental is awesome. Good show too!  

Fun city. 

Amazing city. Thailand is such a cool place.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I'm guessing the hope with Apke is that he can be a major special teams contributor and they are hoping they don't need him at safety this year. Spaight had a few years to claim a job and Mason Foster isn't exactly London. I think he just failed to improve enough and they thought they've seen him at his best.

I think Spaight is brought back to the practice squad, Apke continues his clinic in how not to tackle. Eventually Spaight is called up to the 53 after Apke mysteriously goes on the IR for a middle body injury. We find out later that Apke's heart pumps Koolaid and his bones is soft as marshmellows. But damnit he can run.

50 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Fun city. 

I've lived here for 6 years.  But thanks ?

52 minutes ago, carex said:

well on this subject, I might by LeRebieus as being better than Bergstrom and he had two years in Gruden's system, and enough want to get back in the league after a year out(that doesn't happen all that often)

AJ stated he hated playing for the Giants anyway. He didn't say why. I hear he'll be back here on Tuesday's tryouts.

Bum!

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wear your Redskins jersey and tell us if you meet any Bangkok Redskin fans.

Well the games are not LIVE at a decent hour so there's no Skins Bars to watch games...I'll be drinking early in the morning on game days, think of it as opposite side of the world.  Like MNF I'm drinking for breakfast!  

I do bring my small Skins Flag and take pics from time to time.  Maybe do it again leading up to the season if you guys want.

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

The fact we have 10 UDFA's on the roster should disprove the notion we care about draft position. Especially when we cut bait with guys like Cravens, Jones, etc less than three years in.

You just don't cut somebody like Perine too soon. Outside of fumbles (yes it's a big deal but too soon to know definitively if it's a problem) I don't see why you would want to give up on him too soon. I was impressed with some of his runs in pre season. Kelly over Bibbs is more questionable, although both are just guys in all likelihood. But Kelly impressed me vs the Ravens too, so not going to freak out over it.

We need another backup safety and we need another interior OL. Biggest needs going into off season next year: OG, Edge, CB. QB of the future if there. That's a rather small list of needs right there. Let's go get them Skins and shut these haters up!!!

I'm betting on AP having a descent year. So the RB conversation is solved for me. AP and CT. AP has a third lung, so Kelly or Perine coming into the game to spell AP may be minimal. Knock on wood, if AP gets injured, Kelly or Perine will play based on the hot hand.

I'm cool with that.

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

I didn't realize that last year during the draft, SF traded a 4th. and a 5th in this year's draft for Bibbs. So, that probably kinda sucks

It's not that bad. The Broncos sent Bibbs and a 2017 fifth-round pick (177 overall) to the Niners for their 2018 fourth-round selection (which turned out to be 109 overall).

Added tidbit, the Broncos sent that same pick to the Redskins in the Cravens deal. It turned out to be used on Troy Apke

2 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I like Kidsey to tell you the truth, dude has some burners. I remember that Cam Simms catch vs NE that went for 50 plus yards..He and Kidsey seemed to have run the same route and Kidsey got just as much separation from his guy as Simms did on his..

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/status/1027718514197647360

You know, I hadn’t really seen him play at all before Thursday, but he did some good things the times I noticed him.  Since we kept Sims and Quinn, he could be a good add to the PS. 

7 hours ago, justice98 said:

DL AJ Francis

WR Nick Williams

OL Josh LeRebieus

WR Kendal Thompson 

CB David Amerson

K Nick Rose

OL Vinston Painter

Thompson never actually made the team, but he was in camp every year for 100 years.

Add Aldrick Robinson to that list. 49ers cut him so he can finally pursue his dreams of telling people he used to be a below average WR in the NFL.

~Bang

8 hours ago, justice98 said:

DL AJ Francis

WR Nick Williams

OL Josh LeRebieus

WR Kendal Thompson 

CB David Amerson

K Nick Rose

OL Vinston Painter

I swear man, Raider fans ragged on us SO HARD after we cut Amerson and he had a solid first season with them and got paid. They weren't aware of how teams adjusted to him, and there was a pattern going back to days at NC State. He'd tear it up his first year, the word would get out and teams would figure him out, hence how he went from 10 ints in college to 4, then had a solid rookie year with us to getting cut to being a stud and tricking Oakland into giving him a huge payday to being afterthought...

Archived