Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not so.

Well, then that just makes keeping Kelly and Perine even weirder. Both are 1950's running backs. So, they kept Thompson who won't be totally up to snuff until November and two plodding non-receiving back-ups? I get that they like Kelly because of his heart and hustle and Perine because they drafted him, but both in terms of execution are pretty blah... with low ceilings.

Bibs may very well be available as a street free agent if needed, but I can't imagine a huge market for Kelly. I don't think the market would be much better for Perine.

44 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Slightly surprised Robinson did not stick - he provides more pass rush at backup OLB than McPhee or Anderson. But I suppose the free agent money and 2nd round pick meant Robinson had to really flash in preseason and he really didn’t do enough.

Depth at interior O’line is non existent - we will be looking at the waiver wire there. I’d be doing the same at safety, I don’t have much faith in our depth there.

Me too..Heard Robinson’s name mentioned a lot more than Anderson’s for most preseason and training camp..Anderson’s was just only mentioned thruout the fourth game(against 3rd-4th team players so I’d surely hope so)

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Well, then that just makes keeping Kelly and Perine even weirder. Both are 1950's running backs. So, they kept Thompson who won't be totally up to snuff until November and two plodding non-receiving back-ups? I get that they like Kelly because of his heart and hustle and Perine because they drafted him, but both in terms of execution are pretty blah... with low ceilings.

Bibs may very well be available as a street free agent if needed, but I can't imagine a huge market for Kelly. I don't think the market would be much better for Perine.

Yea I don't understand their thinking.

We could really use Bibbs now, and I hope he's available when Marshall gets IR'd.

Even if they wanted to keep Kelley, I would have cut him instead of Bibbs, then brought Kelley back after Marshall goes to IR, because there's a good chance Kelley stays available.

1 minute ago, Mr.Will said:

Me too..Heard Robinson’s name mentioned a lot more than Anderson’s for most preseason and training camp..Anderson’s was just only mentioned thruout the fourth game(against 3rd-4th team players so I’d surely hope so)

I don't want to nitpick - but the name Robinson can create a lot of confusion.

It's actually Robertson

Archived