Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

27 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't.

What's his claim to fame ?

Most receptions by a TE in FSU history.

2014 Mackey winner, 2014 All ACC, 2014 Consensus All American, and 2014 National Champion.

There was a lot of buzz on him the year he came out.

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I would be.

Docston isn't going anywhere.

No doubt you're right....it's just a crazy thought that wouldn't surprise me. The coaches have had over 2 years to look at Doc and I wonder how enamored they are with him give the talent they brought in through drafts and free agency. 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Because he hasn't shown much in 2 years and I'm not sure how much better he is than all of our other WR's....I just wonder how much longer the coaches are gonna hang in there with him....and he's brittle thus far into his career. 

But this is his year. Can't pass on that. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Because he hasn't shown much in 2 years and I'm not sure how much better he is than all of our other WR's....I just wonder how much longer the coaches are gonna hang in there with him....and he's brittle thus far into his career. 

Cutting a high draft pick at WR in year 2 is equal to eating an under-ripe banana.  It's too early for that and ends up tasting terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Veretax said:

do you think your Flanigan will be a practice squad destination? Or maybe we're trying to trade for another tight end has there been any word on when Jordan reads going to be ready to play?

The word on JR is that he will be ready to go week 1. Whether that holds true, who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Veretax said:

do you think your Flanigan will be a practice squad destination? Or maybe we're trying to trade for another tight end has there been any word on when Jordan reads going to be ready to play?

Pretty sure Reed is meant to be good to go for Week 1 - he's been wrapped in cotton wool all pre-season but to protect rather than him being unable to play.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea but you can't bank on it, by getting rid of all your backup guards.

If you don't find another cut Guard that is suitable, then you're kinda screwed.

You should keep a backup just in case.

For one, he's a rookie UDFA.

Another thing is, he's primarily a Center, which is why I noted "pure" Guard left on the roster.

Roullier can play OG too.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

that's gonna make his muscles all stiff, no ?

To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me to hear Jordan Reed has been injured whilst in the process of unwrapping the cotton wool and was out 4 weeks with soft tissue damage.

I love the dude when he plays, but damn he is made of glass.

Regarding Dan Baily, his cut came as a shock to most Cowboy fans, was the best kicker in Dallas history until his injury last year.  Dallas must think he will not get back to pre-injury form.  If he does, cutting him will cost Dallas games in the future.  

Regarding Bo Scarbough, he looked very pedestrian when playing in the preseason.  Looked no better than a replacement that you could sign off the street in the middle of the season.  May go to the practice squad.

It it also looks like they are keeping a TE (Rico Gathers) that was considered on the roster bubble.  He was stupid enough to get arrested for marijuana possession last night, the night before roster cuts.  But he did have some good preseason highlights.  I'm sure he is the next Witten...

22 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Hasn’t shown much besides lead the WR’s in TD receptions in his first year on the field. Good point. 

32 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

No doubt you're right....it's just a crazy thought that wouldn't surprise me. The coaches have had over 2 years to look at Doc and I wonder how enamored they are with him give the talent they brought in through drafts and free agency. 

when a guy in injured enough to not play he usually can't practice either.  Meaning, except for some playbook study, his rookie year was as useless to coaches as it was to him

Slightly surprised Robinson did not stick - he provides more pass rush at backup OLB than McPhee or Anderson. But I suppose the free agent money and 2nd round pick meant Robinson had to really flash in preseason and he really didn’t do enough.

Depth at interior O’line is non existent - we will be looking at the waiver wire there. I’d be doing the same at safety, I don’t have much faith in our depth there.

31 minutes ago, Veretax said:

well, they said that Hudson might be, and the fans liked Holtz, so he's like third most likely

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Hasn’t shown much besides lead the WR’s in TD receptions in his first year on the field. Good point. 

Not sure that's saying much...I like Doc, but he hasn't played like the high draft pick he is, hope this year is different. We'll see how much he can stay on the field. A healthy Reed will help him for sure. 

Archived