Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

I think the Redskins would be stupid not to put in waiver claim on Gillislee

Curious how waiver claims work.  Can u put multiple claims in at once?  It’s my understanding it’s awarded by record. Could the skins put in a claim on a RB and OL and if teams with crappier records didn’t claim them could they get awarded both players.  I think I know the answer but am hoping...

9 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

You can compare them when it comes to talking abouy one year. Of course Peterson is and will always be the better back.

With that being said i was more or less making a point. One had 2 fumbles last year and the other had 3. So in other words the fumble argument is based on this preseason. Preseason doesn't mean anythin in other words. Was my point

When has Doctson showed anything but a flash here or there?

He's been a bum 

Josh Doctson led all receivers in TD last yr with 6. Calling anyone a bum that made it to be a starter in the NFL is at the very least a bit harsh. Doctson basically had he tookie year last year. But he didn't fumble... :lol  Had to do it. 

I know I’m down on the RB news today but to keep things in perspective at least the Redskins had a better day then the Raiders did today

1. Traded away it’s best and most liked player worsening its defense in the process which was already terrible

2. Traded a fifth round pick for AJ McCarron who has been awful this year and picked up his ten million dollars owed

3. Cut Martavius Bryant who they acquired this year for a third round pick

This is the worst day by any NFL team for some time now

3 minutes ago, Mannix said:

Curious how waiver claims work.  Can u put multiple claims in at once?  It’s my understanding it’s awarded by record. Could the skins put in a claim on a RB and OL and if teams with crappier records didn’t claim them could they get awarded both players.  I think I know the answer but am hoping...

Claims are put in order of the draft until after the 3rd game of the regular season. Then it goes to record. And yes, you can claim as many as you want off waivers but if someone ahead of you also put in a claim, they get the player. 

4 minutes ago, Mannix said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/2/16240382/nfl-roster-cuts-how-waiver-wire-works

Yes you can put a claim on multiple players. The order is the same as this past draft order, and first team in order to claim him gets him. You can put in multiple claims and win them all

Article is from last year, but I don't think there were any changes

5 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I know I’m down on the RB news today but to keep things in perspective at least the Redskins had a better day then the Raiders did today

1. Traded away it’s best and most liked player worsening its defense in the process which was already terrible

2. Traded a fifth round pick for AJ McCarron who has been awful this year and picked up his ten million dollars owed

Yes, but they got two first round draft picks.

So it's not all bad.

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

This is the full details - at least what is believed to be accurate - I think the Bears and Mack have to finalize terms for his contract before the Bears will call it done. But they must be close or they would not have made any announcement. No one makes that trade for a 1 yr rental. 

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019, the source said. In addition to Mack, Chicago also gets a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is the full details - at least what is believed to be accurate - I think the Bears and Mack have to finalize terms for his contract before the Bears will call it done. But they must be close or they would not have made any announcement. No one makes that trade for a 1 yr rental. 

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019, the source said. In addition to Mack, Chicago also gets a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

Wow what a haul for "Da'Raiders"!

1 minute ago, Skinarchy said:

Wow what a haul for "Da'Raiders"!

Not sure really. They are giving the Bears thier 2nd pick for this year. Draft value wise (not perfect but is a decent measuring stick) that is even for the 2020 1st rd pick. he 6th and 5th rd picks cancel each other out. 

So in effect the Bears get Mack and the Raiders just get this years 1st and 2020 3rd. I think they got fleeced myself. But that may just be me. 

35 minutes ago, Mannix said:

Don't understand this at all. He is a backup type RB that has started some games and did not do anything special.  How can you guys trash Rob Kelley but want a player like this?  

If he were already a Redskin most of you would be calling for him to get cut today for being a JAG. I'm really confused by this.

35 minutes ago, Mannix said:

Gillislee is not subject to waivers, so the Redskins would be pretty stupid to try. He's is available to sign, however.

30 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Interesting. I'm guessing Spaight got cut? Waiting on Hogan, Dunn, Taylor (EDIT - not anymore), Ladler, and Cobbs cuts. Unless some surprises got in there? Marshall's kind of in a weird spot too, but they may have him make the 53 just to IR him

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I think the point is that Bibbs maximized his opportunities whereas Perine & Kelley have so far fallen short each time given their shot. Perine & Kelley may potentially be a better player, but Bibbs executes. I think that's why we root for Bibbs to succeed and beat out Kelley

Fixed that for ya........

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Gillislee is not subject to waivers, so the Redskins would be pretty stupid to try. He's is available to sign, however.

Interesting. I'm guessing Spaight got cut? Waiting on Hogan, Dunn, Taylor (EDIT - not anymore), Ladler, and Cobbs cuts. Unless some surprises got in there? Marshall's kind of in a weird spot too, but they may have him make the 53 just to IR him

I'd actually believe they both make it... with Robertson getting cut to make the space. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's almost 2 hours past the deadline.

Why is there so many cuts that are missing and not announced yet ?

What the ?

Do they know if he was targeted or was it random ?

There is no deadline for announcements, only when the cuts are submitted to the NFL. Final roster for tonight likely to be announced later tonight - I think I saw 8-9PM. But there is no requirement - only fans curiosity ??

Archived