Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well after Catalina hit the IR, he seemed a lock, because he was considered by many to be right behind Catalina.

And now we have NO PURE GUARDS on the roster (as far as backups) unless I'm missing someone

Maybe thats the idea... pick up one of the cut guards from elsewhere as our backups werent a that great.

Xavier sua filo intrigues me.  Titans have a good oline, so maybe it was just a numbers thing.  He was taken 3 overall in 2014, I remember wanting him, and although he has struggled, he has shown improvement over the years.  Known as a solid run blocker but lunges in pass protection, which can be fixed with good coaching.  Luckily we've got that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.musiccitymiracles.com/platform/amp/2018/3/27/17169922/titans-sign-former-texans-guard-xavier-sua-fila

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^wanted bo as our RB leading up to the draft. Is he any good? I wouldnt mind signing him 

He is a tank. Had some injury issues in college.  And unfortunately doesn't solve our backup to CT issue. 

4 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Maybe thats the idea... pick up one of the cut guards from elsewhere as our backups werent a that great.

Yea but you can't bank on it, by getting rid of all your backup guards.

If you don't find another cut Guard that is suitable, then you're kinda screwed.

You should keep a backup just in case.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Dunn is still on Skins roster as OG.

For one, he's a rookie UDFA.

Another thing is, he's primarily a Center, which is why I noted "pure" Guard left on the roster.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

wow. Surprised about Bibbs. I thought he'd make it for sure.

I thought we needed a 2nd option at 3rd down back more than we needed a 3rd option at 1st/2nd down back. Samaje has the pedigree but Bibbs was the player we need.  ?

16 minutes ago, carex said:

Bergstrom does not suck

Well, I'm pretty sure the rest of the league disagrees and he had a pretty crappy pre-season, so hopefully you are right and everyone else is wrong. But probably it's the other way around. Still, if you like Bergstrom so much, there's no reason to keep Dunn. Since pretty much our whole back-up OL has sucked outside of Nyseke.

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well, I'm pretty sure the rest of the league disagrees and he had a pretty crappy pre-season, so hopefully you are right and everyone else is wrong. But probably it's the other way around. Still, if you like Bergstrom so much, there's no reason to keep Dunn. Since pretty much our whole back-up OL has sucked outside of Nyseke.

seven year vet with three teams.  He's a journeyman

surprised Bibbs was cut.  Wonder if he's out of PS eligibility. 

14 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Most projections had him being released though didnt they?   Or at least had him listed with the idea that we'd be signing someone and he'd be cut to make room. 

I don't think I saw one projection having Kalis make the squad, so it I would not call it a shock at all. Not even sure Kalis makes the practice squad, though he might.

Jonathon Cooper is an interesting name.  He was a 7th overall pick and only 28 years old.  But he has been on five teams already.  Not a good sign.  But the most recent team, SF, gave him a 2 million dollar signing bonus so they mustve seen something they liked.  And they run a ZBS, maybe he just wasn't a good scheme pick.

Maybe I'm giving Callahan too much credit, but a guard who was taken seventh overall has to have elite traits, and I have confidence in Callahan getting the most out of him.  And the rest of our line is pretty good, so our LG doesn't have to be special.  Average would be ok.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Another team will pick up Bibbs.  Hope the coaching staff will not regret letting him go.  Fans have long memories.

Maybe Rapport got it wrong?!

I don't know about that. He's good but he was available in December last year. Hopefully they try to trade Perine and bring back Bibbs

2 minutes ago, carex said:

seven year vet with three teams.  He's a journeyman

Right. He sucks. That's what I said

And he's played for 5 teams, and been cut three times in the last 16 months. And at age 32, I don't think he's getting any better

Archived