Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Once Catalina went down, it seems Dunn has been the en vogue pick to be the 9th OL (assuming the team keeps 9 and doesn't go outside the organization). But I don't really get the logic of keeping Bergstrom and Dunn. Bergstrom basically sucks, but seemed to have a spot guaranteed as the back-up center (since the team needs a back-up there). But Dunn is a natural center, making Bergstrom superfluous. So either Dunn is as good as Bergstrom and you really only need one of them. Or Dunn isn't even as good as Begstrom, but better than the other crap in camp. But if Bergstrom sucks (and he does), why keep someone worse than him? There's got to be a better option out there.

Dunn is a rookie UDFA, Bergstrom is a seven year vet.  that kind of stuff can matter

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Thanks bud lol... Been tough keeping up but i'm trying to stay on top of it,  thanks to all for posting updates as they are getting them.  

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

Thanks for the thread @OVCChairman  

A great resource for us on a busy day.

I owe you a milk shake.

~Bang

OVCC, if you're a Vegan, can I have the milkshake ?

36 minutes ago, carex said:

Dunn is a rookie UDFA, Bergstrom is a seven year vet.  that kind of stuff can matter

That doesn't answer my post at all though. Why keep both? Bergstrom sucks and basically has a spot because of the need for back-up center. But if you keep Dunn, then he can be back-up center. You still only need one.

If Bergstrom is better than Dunn, that's fine. Keep him and cut Dunn. There's surely better players than Dunn/Bergstrom on the waiver wire or as veteran free agents. Since you no longer need someone to play center, you can just find a replacement guard. If Dunn is better than Bergstrom, then cut Bergstrom and replace him with someone better.

15 minutes ago, Jericho said:

That doesn't answer my post at all though. Why keep both? Bergstrom sucks and basically has a spot because of the need for back-up center. But if you keep Dunn, then he can be back-up center. You still only need one.

If Bergstrom is better than Dunn, that's fine. Keep him and cut Dunn. There's surely better players than Dunn/Bergstrom on the waiver wire or as veteran free agents. Since you no longer need someone to play center, you can just find a replacement guard. If Dunn is better than Bergstrom, then cut Bergstrom and replace him with someone better.

Bergstrom does not suck

Just a list of guards that have been cut around the league.

G Sean Harlow
G Salesi Uhatafe
G Justin Evans
G/T Andrew Donnal
C Kyle Friend
G Taylor Hearn
G Norman Price
G Fred Lauina
G John Montelus
G Kareem Are
C JP Quinn
G Don Barclay