Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

Figure having 1 place to report cuts would be a good idea.  

I will do my best to keep a running list of REDSKINS cuts here to keep track.  I am at work so please bear with me. 

Shout out to SemperFi for this link in case you want to see what other teams are doing

http://nfltraderumors.co/2018-nfl-roster-cuts-tracker/

• 34,846 posts

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 1, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins released the following players:

RB Kapri Bibbs

DL Phil Taylor, Sr.

WR Brian Quick

C Demetrius Rhaney

The Redskins waived the following players:

DB Fish Smithson

DB Kenny Ladler

DB Prince Charles Iworah

DB Quin Blanding

DB Ranthony Texada

T John Kling

T Kendall Calhoun

T Timon Parris

T T.J. Clemmings

WR Daniel Williams III

WR Darvin Kidsey

WR Simmie Cobbs, Jr.

WR Shay Fields

LB Cassanova McKinzy

LB Dadi Nicolas

LB Jerod Fernandez

LB Martrell Spaight

LB Pete Robertson

LB Vontae Diggs

QB Connor Jessop

QB Kevin Hogan

TE J.P. Holtz

TE Garrett Hudson

TE Matt Flanagan

G Isaiah Williams

G Kyle Kalis

NT Ondre Pipkins

DE Dante Sawyer

RB De'Veon Smith

DT JoJo Wicker

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

G Tyler Catalina`

The Redskins placed the following player on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list:

DE Stacy McGee

The Redskins placed the following player on the Active/Non-Football Injury list:

DB Joshua Holsey

With the moves, the Redskins’ active roster now stands at 53 players.

WHile we wait, is it okay to ask people for predictions?  How many at each POsition do we keep?

How many of:

QB: 2
HB: 4
WR: 7
TE: 3
OL: 9
DT: 3
DE: 4
OLB: 4
ILB: 4
CB: 6
Safeties: 4

Specials: 3

Yeah that's 1 short… I'm thinking that goes on Defense an extra Line backer or DL

My guesses above  (I was really thinking we'd keep a FB also, but after they let wellman go, doubt that happens. Do we add another TE? Not sure.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

What's the status on Marshall ?

Havn't heard anything on him or his injury in quite a while.

And when I did, a while ago, some said he was out a few weeks, and some said maybe out all year.

Havent heard anything... I heard the same whispers that IR was an option but havent heard anything since...

Are they even ALLOWED to release him because he's injured?  Or is there some sort of settlement needed?  

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

WHile we wait, is it okay to ask people for predictions?  How many at each POsition do we keep?

I think you have it about right, V. Agree on adding that 1 missing to DL. 

OFFENSE - 25

QB (2): Alex Smith, Colt McCoy

RB (4): Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Rob Kelley, Kapri Bibbs

TE (4?Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle, JP Holtz (FB)

WR (6): Josh Doctson, Paul Richardson, Jamison Crowder, Maurice Harris, Trey Quinn, Cam Sims

OT (4): Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Ty Nsekhe, Geron Christian

OG (3): Brandon Scherff, Shawn Lauvao, mystery signing to come!

OC (2): Chase Roullier, Tony Bergstrom

DEFENSE - 25

DE (4): Jonathan Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Anthony Lanier, Ziggy Hood

NT (3? Daron Payne, Tim Settle, Phil Taylor

OLB (4?Ryan Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Pernell McPhee, Ryan Anderson 

MLB (4?Zach Brown, Mason Foster, Martrell Spaight, Josh Harvey-Clemons

CB (6): Josh Norman, Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Greg Stroman, Danny Johnson, Adonis Alexander

S (4?DJ Swearinger, Montae Nicholson, DeShazor Everett, Troy Apke

ST (3): Dustin Hopkins, Tress Way, Nick Sundberg

My Guess ^

32 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What's the status on Marshall ?

Havn't heard anything on him or his injury in quite a while.

And when I did, a while ago, some said he was out a few weeks, and some said maybe out all year.

Thought he was released with an injury settlement in July.

Titans already at it...

Rather than releasing 30+ players on Saturday morning, the Titans got ahead of the game on Friday by making some early cuts. The following players have been dropped from the 90-man roster (all links go to Twitter, unless noted otherwise):

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

No Hamilton, @Sandy Monk? I thought he showed a good nose for the ball and flashed quite a bit. I think I agree with you about guard though I think there's a chance that Bergstrom doesn't make the cut and we get two surprise signings there.

SDH is the hardest one, for me. I'm smiles if he does make the roster. I had it between he and Sims, and I couldn't cut Sims free. 

Maybe I should reconsider the need for Taylor as NT3. Yes. Yes indeed. :) 

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

SDH is the hardest one, for me. I'm smiles if he does make the roster. I had it between he and Sims, and I couldn't cut Sims free. 

Maybe I should reconsider the need for Taylor as NT3. Yes. Yes indeed. :) 

Another one might be Spait. If you really want to go a little crazy, there's a part of me that thinks we'd be okay cutting Kelly and Perine. Keep Bibbs as the backup at both workhorse and pass-catching back with Thompson and Peterson being your starters. I think we do keep at least one of Perine or Kelly, but I'm not convinced that an off the street free agent running back picked up midseason would be much of a drop off from either.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Another one might be Spait. If you really want to go a little crazy, there's a part of me that thinks we'd be okay cutting Kelly and Perine. Keep Bibbs as the backup at both workhorse and pass-catching back with Thompson and Peterson being your starters. I think we do keep at least one of Perine or Kelly, but I'm not convinced that an off the street free agent running back picked up midseason would be much of a drop off from either.

I would be surprised if Spaight is cut - he’s played well in his role.  I will say that they may feel SDH is ready to be the primary backup and JHC can be their dimebacker/emergency (4th) starter, so who knows.  Speaking of JHC, although I’m a big fan, he could be another surprise cut if Spaight can be their thumper, SDH their all around guy, and they want to free up a roster spot.  

Agree on both points re. the backs.  

My darkhorse to make it is Robertson.  Seems to be the only speed rusher we have and he supposedly is good on teams.  The problem becomes... 1. Do you cut Anderson or McPhee (doubt it), 2. Do you instead keep 4 at ILB, or 3.  Do you keep 10 backers (that’s a lot for 4 spots).  

Side note:  When determining the final cut (the bubble guys), I wonder if they give them a camp/preseason grade, compare it to the grade they had previously (when they acquired them) and see who’s made the biggest strides.  Seems like that would give you an indicator as to who has adjusted to the NFL/the scheme better and embraced the coaching the most.  Wouldn’t be my only determining factor, but...

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

RB intrigues me the most.  Some part of me does not like an unreliable AP taking a roster spot away from a young guy.  But truth is theyve not been reliable either

I agree in theory Mr. Zoon, but realistically the "young guy" coming is on IR right now. He's not taking a spot from next years starter..

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I know the Kelly vs Perine debate can and will rage ad nauseum, but truth is Kapri Bibbs can back up for all 3 downs. He's dynamic as a pass catcher and can run between the tackles. Keep him as RB#3

Tend to agree on this.  I like Perine, but don’t see much of a drop off (if any) to Bibbs.  Frees up a spot for a guy like Holtz too.  Decent chance that 1 or more of Kelley, Perine and Marshall will be available mid season. 

Archived