Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

We can't let Shaun Dion Hamilton walk and/or get exposed on practice squad. 

Yeah, I feel the same way. Quinn showed a lot last night (most notably, how versatile he was). I think it would be foolish not to keep him. He's a great ST guy.

I would be shocked if they don’t keep Quinn.  I think they keep four running backs and Kelly and Bibbs are the two backups. Hopefully they keep Sims but wouldn’t be too upset with Quick, if they actually plan on playing him this year. Spaight and Vigil is a tough one for me,giving a slight edge to Vigil.

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The only guy like that I see is Bibbs. 

I'm fine with AP replacing either Kelley or Perine. To me, if you got to the point where you needed one of them to contribute, anything off the street would be just as good. They are replacement-level, to steal a baseball term. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with this, I think Bibbs adds an element that Perine vs. Kelley can't really speak to.  I like Perine, but the fumbles just kill me.  

I agree with this, I think Bibbs adds an element that Perine vs. Kelley can't really speak to.  I like Perine, but the fumbles just kill me.  

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@Spaceman Spiff you must REALLY agree to post it twice. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree with this

I agree with this

Imma have to go ahead and concur.....I mean Bibbs made his mark behind a makeshift OL walking on one leg. I wanna see him behind a healthy Line, bet He's better than Perine and Kelley. 

24 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

I would be shocked if they don’t keep Quinn.  I think they keep four running backs and Kelly and Bibbs are the two backups. Hopefully they keep Sims but wouldn’t be too upset with Quick, if they actually plan on playing him this year. Spaight and Vigil is a tough one for me,giving a slight edge to Vigil.

No love for SDH?

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Tend to agree on this.  I like Perine, but don’t see much of a drop off (if any) to Bibbs.  Frees up a spot for a guy like Holtz too.  Decent chance that 1 or more of Kelley, Perine and Marshall will be available mid season. 

I'm incredibly hopeful that Holtz makes the squad.  He opens up holes for the running backs and is just the kind of blocker that we need since our TEs are so suspect at it.  Additionally, AP runs much better with a FB in, so I think you almost have to take Holtz if AP's the starting RB.

5 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I'm incredibly hopeful that Holtz makes the squad.  He opens up holes for the running backs and is just the kind of blocker that we need since our TEs are so suspect at it.  Additionally, AP runs much better with a FB in, so I think you almost have to take Holtz if AP's the starting RB.

Agree. I liked what I saw with Holtz in terms of blocking and catching in what I saw last night. 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

They're idiots if they keep Quick over Sims.

Counterpoint: Coaches have seen both in every OTA, workout, meeting, training camp practice, and every snap on game day. If they keep one over the other, I'm sure they have a good reason.

Coaches may know more about football than us fans.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am intrigued some with Holtz making the team.   Craig Hoffman doubled down a little whole ago on Sims saying an NFL executive told him he won't clear waivers and make it to the practice squad if they try.  Who knows.  But my only rooting interests are Sims and Bibbs.  

Agree on Holtz. He probably won't turn out to be a world-beater, but I think he's earned a spot. Keeping him on for a while to see how it works out won't be some irreversible tragedy. 

Also want Bibbs to make it, and more so with Sims. 

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

Anyone remember Tevin Mitchel and how up in arms we were after Indy picked him up when we cut him. What ever happened to him??

Don't remember that name.

But it's easy to get attached to these guys.  Sports fans like an underdog story.  We root for the later round draft picks and the UDFA's.  It's easy to think that a guy like Sims can beast out and become the next Rod Smith, or Drew Pearson (UDFA's).  Part of the 80s Redskins lore is that Joe Jacoby was a UDFA.  In August before the season starts, everything is rosy and the possibilities are endless.  But for every Rod Smith or Joe Jacoby there are dozens and dozens of UDFA's and late round picks that stick with a team for a year or two and are then weeded out.

Thanks for making this easy to follow thread.

My takeaways from last nights game kinda changed things a bit for my thoughts on who to keep etc.

I was on the fence thinking about the RBs going into the game. Perine fumbling again last night sealed it, Kelley should stay Perine should go unless he can be put on the PS. 

Also on the fence for WR before last night. I had posted that I thought that placing Quinn on the PS made sense but he looked great last night. I have reservations about putting Trey there now. Comes down to if they think they will resign Crowder next season. If they don’t plan on it then they can’t risk Quinn on the PS. Imo he secured a 53 man spot last night. Sims also looked good and I think he deserves a spot as well. Quick looked like he always does, overdrafted and not worth holding onto imo

Then there was the oline. I think the more guys they keep there the better they will be. From the projection posted on the other page I personally wouldn’t keep more then 3 TEs and would not keep more then 6 WRs and would load up on the line. Sadly I think they will need the depth.

Anyone think these recently cut names might be worth a look:

Kony Ealy

Michael Floyd

Aldrick Robinson

Charles Sims

Charles Johnson

1 hour ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Anyone remember Tevin Mitchel and how up in arms we were after Indy picked him up when we cut him. What ever happened to him??

As Morneblade pointed out, he's currently on IR with the Raiders. But he's been bouncing around for a bit. After he got injured during the pre-season/training camp with the Redskins in 2015 and waived, the Colts claimed him and paid his entire salary for that year. In 2016, he again got hurt in the pre-season with the Colts and was placed on injured reserve. But was released 6 days later with an injury settlement. He eventually found his way back to the Colts' practice squad in November 2016 and stayed there the rest of the season. In 2017 he again got hurt in the pre-season and was waived/injured by the Colts in late August 2017. He was released on September 26, 2017 and shortly there after signed with the Raider's practice squad. Where he stayed for the rest of 2017. In 2018 he was in the Raiders camp, and for the fourth year in a row got hurt during the pre-season. He was waived/injured on August 21, 2018 and was placed on injured reserve.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

My takeaways from last nights game kinda changed things a bit for my thoughts on who to keep etc.

I was on the fence thinking about the RBs going into the game. Perine fumbling again last night sealed it, Kelley should stay Perine should go unless he can be put on the PS. 

Also on the fence for WR before last night. I had posted that I thought that placing Quinn on the PS made sense but he looked great last night. I have reservations about putting Trey there now. Comes down to if they think they will resign Crowder next season. If they don’t plan on it then they can’t risk Quinn on the PS. Imo he secured a 53 man spot last night. Sims also looked good and I think he deserves a spot as well. Quick looked like he always does, overdrafted and not worth holding onto imo

Then there was the oline. I think the more guys they keep there the better they will be. From the projection posted on the other page I personally wouldn’t keep more then 3 TEs and would not keep more then 6 WRs and would load up on the line. Sadly I think they will need the depth.

Kony Ealy

Michael Floyd

Aldrick Robinson

Charles Sims

Charles Johnson

Nah.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Kony Ealy

Michael Floyd

Aldrick Robinson

Charles Sims

Charles Johnson

The Saints cut 2 guards with starting experience.  I don't know if those guys are anything, but there's just got to be a guard in one of these cuts somewhere that's worth taking a look at.  I'm not convinced LG is going to hold up.  And anybody that can't beat out Lavauo I have no faith in.

Archived