Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

Ikr. Problem has to be coaching though. I mean they generally don't massively overdraft in the public eye and it just cannot be constant bad luck. I wonder what they are doing with those players. After all they don't seem to make it with other teams as well.

A losing culture crushes dreams. 

6 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

nfltraderumors.com reporting Pete Robertson has been cut.  That's significant.  

Not gonna lie, that is not the adjective I would have used.

4 minutes ago, turtle said:

Thought Robertson was going to make it. showed promise

I'm not sure how he was going to make the team as a OLB weighing 225. Outside chance at best.

34 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I tend to think people are quick to dismiss Perine because of Matt Jones. Jones clearly had a fumbling problem. Perine, I'm not so sure. It might be a problem, but it's far too early to know. 2 fumbles last year in 175 carries is below average, but hardly disastrous. If he had a couple more games without a fumble, he's be average. Are we overreacting to a small sample size and a couple pre-season plays? Or is it the early signs of a legit issue? I don't think anyone knows. But after Matt Jones, many seem quick to label people. Jones has a fumbling problem since college. Perine? Not so much

However, Perine has had two fumbles in about 30 carries this preseason (one was prematurely whistled dead).

That's not good.

15 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I thought that was the reasoning at first, but if they wanted to IR him I believe they would have done it earlier. Now, he's most likely getting waived with some injury settlement. Maybe they'll get him to the PS as well...

He's not really suited for IR anyhow, which likely partially explains why they haven't done anything yet. His injury isn't major. I also don't think the team has made up its mind on the RB position. Which is likely the other reason no move was made earlier. They still might want him on the 53, even if he misses a week or two at the beginning of the season. He was running ahead of Bibbs before getting injured. So they could have him make the 53 and just deactivate him for a few games until he's ready. Also, if he makes the 53, they could then IR him, and he'd qualify as a possible designated to return. Though he'd have to miss eight weeks minimum. The most likely scenario still is waived/injury. They'd reach an injury settlement on him and set him free. He'd be free to sign with anyone else right away, though would have to wait out the injury settlement time period plus three additional weeks to re-sign here. Which likely means he's gone 

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Yes. If nothing else, as depth and we can see how he has recovered from that knee injury.

I think that's the problem with Siragusa. He might be pretty banged up. Not sure he's healthy enough to help anyone

50 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I tend to think people are quick to dismiss Perine because of Matt Jones. Jones clearly had a fumbling problem. Perine, I'm not so sure. It might be a problem, but it's far too early to know. 2 fumbles last year in 175 carries is below average, but hardly disastrous. If he had a couple more games without a fumble, he's be average. Are we overreacting to a small sample size and a couple pre-season plays? Or is it the early signs of a legit issue? I don't think anyone knows. But after Matt Jones, many seem quick to label people. Jones has a fumbling problem since college. Perine? Not so much

Normally I would agree here but from what is coming out of camp he has been fumbling in practice also. I like Perine but you can't be a successful RB with a reputation for putting the ball on the ground a lot unless you otherwise are lighting it up. He is not. I see at very hard to keep him given how the others have performed. I stated earlier I think it's AP, Thompson, Kelly and Bibbs. 

44 minutes ago, TK said:

John Kling

Vontae Diggs

Too bad for Diggs. Loved his story. Hopefully, he'll stick to the PS.

39 minutes ago, TK said:

LB Pete Robinson

Isaiah Williams

Pete Robertson being cut is good news for Zach Vigil.

41 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

It’s honestly pretty crazy how many first rounders for the browns have just not worked out at all. I mean all those first round draft picks in the last 10 years how many are actually still with the browns? 

Baker Mayfield has not been cut yet right?

I'd imagine the practice squad would ideally look something like this:

1) Hogan/some other QB

2) Some Running back (either a pass catcher if Bibbs/Marshall are cut) or someone to back up Peterson/Kelley if Perine is cut

3) Fullback or FB/TE hybrid like Holtz

4) WR - probably Cobbs?

5) offensive lineman - Kalis? Dunn? Paris?

6) Pete Robertson

7) Jerod Fernandez

8) Safety - Quin Blanding? Smithson? Ladler, if eligible? or even Apke if he ends up cut

9) Cornerback - I'm think Texada may have an edge over Iworah

10) wild card - some draftee that gets cut or maybe someone from outside the organization 

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Too bad for Diggs. Loved his story. Hopefully, he'll stick to the PS.

Pete Robertson being cut is good news for Zach Vigil.

Baker Mayfield has not been cut yet right?

Heard he is on the chopping block. Really though since 09’ they’ve had 16 first round picks. 5 only remain and they are from 17’, 18’ class. That’s pretty terrible. 

Jon Ledyard Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Only if they’ve never seen him play

Jon Ledyard added,

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
The #Redskins are waiving guard TJ Clemmings, source said. Figure this’ll draw some attention given the need for O-linemen.
4 replies6 retweets38 likes

Archived