Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

http://www.thehogsty.com/2018/09/01/roster-cutdown-live-thread/

Transactions:

WR Shay Fields: released (per John Keim, 9:40 am)

LB Jerod Fernandez: released (per Ben Standig, 10:00 am)

WR Daniel Williams III: waived (per Ben Standig, 10:10 am)

OL Kendall Calhoun: released (per John Keim, 10:10 am)

TE Matt Flanagan: released (per Ben Standig, 10:15 am)

TE J.P. Holtz: released (per John Keim, 10:30 am)

LB Cassanova McKinzy: released (per John Keim, 10:55 am)

OT John Kling: released (per Ben Standig, 11:10 am)

LB Vontae Diggs: released (per Ben Standig, 11:20 am)

LB Pete Robertson: released (per John Keim, 11:25 am)

OL Isaiah Wiliams: released (per John Keim, 11:25 am)

G Kyle Kalis: released (per John Keim, 11:30 am)

OL T.J. Clemmings: released (per John Keim, 11:45 am)

CB Prince Charles Iworah: released (per John Keim, 11:55 am)

DL JoJo Wicker: released (per Ben Standig 12:25 pm)

TE Garrett Hudson: released (per Craig Hoffman, 12:50 pm)

WR Brian Quick: released (per John Keim, 1:40 pm)

S Quin Blanding: released (per NFL.com)

RB Kapri Bibbs: released (per Ian Rapoport, 3:00 pm)

OL Demetrius Rhaney (per John Keim, 3:10 pm)

QB Connor Jessop (per Ben Standig, 4:00 pm)

LB Martrell Spaight (per John Keim, 6:05 pm)

DT Phil Taylor (per Matthew Paras)

@TheShredder I think this is the latest really. btw I am doing an Asian Pork Butt,,,something different/ 

1 minute ago, carex said:

he only played seven games last year and was injured himself

In those seven games he averaged 3.1 ypc. He sucked.

In preseason games 1,2,3 this year, he gave absolutely no indication he was worth keeping around, in fact he was the worst RB on our roster by a loooooong way in terms of stats. Preseason 4 he showed something but he was playing against guys who are going to be driving a UPS truck from Monday so not sure how much stock you want to put in that.

I'm a big fan of Rob the person. I was screaming for him to get a shot when Matt Jones was stinking up the joint. I was in London when he got the start and the TD. None of that changes the fact that he has been consistently poor for a year. There are other factors at play like the OL etc, but when he consistently shows he has zero awareness of the field and repeatedly misses the hole in favour of running straight into his blockers - that's a problem and there's only so many excuses you can make.

1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

How? Payne and Settle, Settle showed he can man the middle. Taylor not versatile enough IMO. 

On the contrary, he's very versatile. Have you seen how many times he's switched between the active roster and IR? He can fit everywhere on there.

6 minutes ago, UKskins said:

In those seven games he averaged 3.1 ypc. He sucked.

In preseason games 1,2,3 this year, he gave absolutely no indication he was worth keeping around, in fact he was the worst RB on our roster by a loooooong way in terms of stats. Preseason 4 he showed something but he was playing against guys who are going to be driving a UPS truck from Monday so not sure how much stock you want to put in that.

I'm a big fan of Rob the person. I was screaming for him to get a shot when Matt Jones was stinking up the joint. I was in London when he got the start and the TD. None of that changes the fact that he has been consistently poor for a year. There are other factors at play like the OL etc, but when he consistently shows he has zero awareness of the field and repeatedly misses the hole in favour of running straight into his blockers - that's a problem and there's only so many excuses you can make.

I liked what I saw of him in the preseason, last year he only averaged 3 ypc against the Eagles but 6.5 against the Rams but after that the injuries happened, to himself and the line

25 minutes ago, carex said:

I liked what I saw of him in the preseason, last year he only averaged 3 ypc against the Eagles but 6.5 against the Rams but after that the injuries happened, to himself and the line

This preseason, you liked what you saw? Fair enough, but I genuinely don't know what to say to that. He's been AWFUL.

Patriots: 4 carries, 6 yards. YPC = 1.5

Jets: 7 carries, 17 yards, YPC = 2.4

Broncos: 8 carries, 19 yard, YPC = 2.4

Ravens/UPS all stars: 11 carries, 49 yards, YPC = 4.5

OVERALL - 30 Carries, 91 yards YPC = 3.0

OVERALL against people who are still NFL players (excluding Ravens) - 19 carries, 42 yards YPC = 2.2

Which bit of his preseason has you thinking that this dude should make the roster exactly? I'm really interested to know which bit of his preseason you have liked? ?

1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

Curious as to why you think that? 

Because he hasn't shown much in 2 years and I'm not sure how much better he is than all of our other WR's....I just wonder how much longer the coaches are gonna hang in there with him....and he's brittle thus far into his career. 

Like I posted earlier, some teams (at least the Jets anyway) think it gives them an advantage to hold the names back until after seeing the official lists of all the cuts from the NFL office. How would that give them an advantage? I guess in not being obvious about who you may be talking to, or interested in. Curious what anyone else thinks the advantage gained could be.

Archived