Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

2 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Who would you re-sign once Marshall gets to IR?  I doubt they carry 5 RB so that leaves Bibbs out. I’d think Spaight would be up there since he plays ST well. 

Our most glaring weakness right now is at guard. I'd still consider cutting either Kelly or Perine for the best third down back we can find. Bibbs or someone else.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Hood over Taylor is a bad decision. Kelley and Perine doesn't make sense. Other than that, all bueno. Really hoping this Dunn kid takes the step that kalis and Catalina didnt.

even if you assume that Hood won't play NT at all, Hood can at least play two spots on the DL rather than Taylor's one. 

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Hood over Taylor is a bad decision. Kelley and Perine doesn't make sense. Other than that, all bueno. Really hoping this Dunn kid takes the step that kalis and Catalina didnt.

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Hood is an example of how good character, being liked by the coaching staff, and staying healthy can keep you employed in the NFL.

I think you guys need to go watch how Hood played at DE this preseason. He played very well with the Ones.

Side Note: Is anyone else underwhelmed that we have not gone after at least one position, like LG?

6 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I think you guys need to go watch how Hood played at DE this preseason. He played very well with the Ones.

Side Note: Is anyone else underwhelmed that we have not gone after at least one position, like LG?

Problem most guys around here have with Ziggy, it's that they remember him playing NT and not being good at it. Forgetting that it was not his natural position and didn't seem to complain about it. But he's still worth it as a DE and an emergency NT if need be.

So you can bet that coaches loves that kind of guy that will do whatever asked.

LG and backup interior line is a problem to me. Because we doesn't seem good in that department.

Still as Tandler said in one of his articles, or Twitter, not sure which one. "If LG is your biggest problem, it's no big deal".

Just now, JSSkinz said:

He's a solid depth player, guess I should have stated that at the end of my response.

Yeah. ;)

I'm a Taylor fan, and I was really hoping he was going to be our answer last year at NT, and then he got hurt again. I was hoping he would get healthy this year, but Settle came in and really showed up. We go from not having a NT, to having 3. I though Phil looked good at NT, but when they split him out, not so much. And there were some pursuit plays where I was watching Phil run, and it didn't look like he could really move. To me he was just the odd man out.

As for Hood, as much as he stunk at NT, he was the opposite at DE. No one got any movement at his side, which is completely different when he was playing NT, because it looked like he was on roller skates. Moving him back to his natural position made a big difference.

I feel pretty good about the decisions the team has made.  I probably would have kept Bibbs, but I have a feeling that Bibbs or a Bibbs type player will be available if CT goes down. Like most everyone else, I worry about the interior line depth and even the starter at LG.  Once we put Marshall on IR, I'm hoping we sign an experienced G/C.  I feel very good about our WR depth and the defensive line rotation.  I'm anxious to see our defense with Zach Brown starting.  He makes everything click, I hope.  I have my fingers crossed about our rookie CBs.  If they have to play, they will make mistakes, but I love the energy and upside.  

If we really need Phil Taylor, I am absolutely certain he'll still be available in free agency if he doesn't injure himself ordering a pizza. He spent 4 straight years on IR. I don't know why people are suddenly expecting that to change this year.

Archived