Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

One thing I have noticed about AP is he runs very angry.

I don't know if he's always been like that, or if it's from being around Guice, because I never paid close attention to him before he was a Skin,  But it sure looks like he's got some Guice attitude in him.

Actually Guice got his attitude from Peterson. He has looked up to AP for years and modeled his game after him.

He, as many others have said, has ALWAY run angry. Even in High School

Haha that clip of AP losing his shoe is funny I seen a clip of that play and the announcer saying even after losing his shoe he picks up some yards and I watched the clip a couple more times and I never seen the shoe fly off or roll around and kept thinking where is this shoe lol..how funny..

On 10/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, Csup said:

But boy was I wrong.  I skewered the Skins for picking him up after Guice went down and  boy has he proven me wrong.  

I know, right?  I was sure it was a typical Snyder move to sell some jerseys... in reality Snyder didn't even know he was in the building until the ink was dry.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does anyone believe AP would be willing to re-sign here next year, even knowing he'd be a backup to Guice 

If the money is right, why not?  Gotta be smart.  300 rushes at age 34 would be suicide

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does anyone believe AP would be willing to re-sign here next year, even knowing he'd be a backup to Guice

I hope so.  I was saying we should look into it after the first game.  It was apparent he could still play.

2 hours ago, Tsailand said:

I know, right?  I was sure it was a typical Snyder move to sell some jerseys... in reality Snyder didn't even know he was in the building until the ink was dry.

If the money is right, why not?  Gotta be smart.  300 rushes at age 34 would be suicide

Makes you almost wonder if Doug is the smartest corporate guy we have left.

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At this point Guice has not shown anything to make us feel that he is a franchise back, or that he can even stay healthy with his running style. I would think resigning AP, if he is willing, is a no-brainer. 

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If Guice beats the old man out in TC, then he deserves it.  Otherwise, assuming AD comes back on a team friendly deal, I'd be perfectly fine with starting AD, limiting his carries, giving Guice ample opportunities to play, and bringing in Thompson on 3rd downs.  

I don't think it's a guarantee that Guice starts. He's on a rookie deal. That gives the 'skins a chance to force him to win it. I would hope he does. If Peterson were to come back I'd hope it would be with the promise of a fair and an open competition, but no promises as to starting time or number snaps.

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am hearing the ankle/shoulder are still wonky as he didn't even take limited practice yesterday. I would guess the ankle the problem, the popped back in shoulder should allow for limited practice IMO.

I'm hoping it was a Vet day. Gruden also said that he would likely be missing practice here and there the rest of the season trying to manage everything. Kinda like we used to do with Riggins back in the day.

25 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'm hoping it was a Vet day. Gruden also said that he would likely be missing practice here and there the rest of the season trying to manage everything. Kinda like we used to do with Riggins back in the day.

Based on how he's worked and performed (way better than I expected), I'm more than willing to give Peterson the benefit of the doubt on this. Preparation is likely never going to be an issue with a guy with his work ethic.

On 10/17/2018 at 12:23 AM, FS#21 said:

Worried he's on the verge of a bad injury with how he labors during runs early in the game. I hope there is a solid plan B or they cut down on carries and spread over to CT/KB.

They have a plan B, I’m sure... I have concerns that it will be effective though.  

45 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am hearing the ankle/shoulder are still wonky as he didn't even take limited practice yesterday. I would guess the ankle the problem, the popped back in shoulder should allow for limited practice IMO.

Going up against Dallas... this is a bad week for him to be injured - we need all the help we can get from him and he’s liable to take a beating from this front 7.  

With that said, as long as he’s there for the film, game planning and walkthroughs, he’s probably fine to miss the practices.  He’s enough of a vet and has the skills to still perform at a high level and we really need him healed up.  

125 yards and a win would be sweet this Sunday.  Nothing like passing Tony Dorsett against the Cowboys with a "W".

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/rushlead

Rushing Leaders
RK PLAYER YDS
1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
2 Walter Payton 16,726
3 Barry Sanders 15,269
4 FRANK GORE 14,329
5 Curtis Martin 14,101
6 LaDainian Tomlinson 13,684
7 Jerome Bettis 13,662
8 Eric Dickerson 13,259
9 Tony Dorsett 12,739