Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Our WR and TE blocking sucks. That's the issue with our run game(along with bad RBs other than AP). The OL is generally pretty solid save for the occasional Lavaman getting blown up.

This is why Holtz is turning heads from what I've seen

Apparently this segment upset Adrian, and he will use as a tool to motivate him, for anyone curious

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2018/08/30/adrian-peterson-redskins-cris-carter-shannon-sharpe/1138649002/

ASHBURN, Va. – Nothing, it seems, gets under Adrian Peterson’s skin quite like doubters.

That means you, Cris Carter. Ditto Shannon Sharpe.

Peterson had a few choice words for the Hall of Famers-turned-TV hosts as he sat at his new stall in the Washington locker room this week. It sounded a lot like motivational fuel, while surely flipping the notion that star athletes don’t pay attention to what’s said about them.

Carter and Sharpe, co-hosts for back-to-back morning shows on FS1, “First Things First” and “Undisputed,” praised Peterson effusively last season … yet have drawn his ire as more recently they have concluded that at 33, Peterson won’t dominate like he used to.

In Peterson’s mind, that’s in-your-face insult stuff. 

“Watching some of the things they said about me, man, it really hurt me to the core,” Peterson told USA TODAY Sports. “Not only are they black men, but these are people I looked up to. And these are people that made mistakes, especially Cris Carter. So some of the things that came out of his mouth, not only personally, but about me as a player – aw, he’s washed up and this, that and the other, and he should just retire – how dare you.

I like this, hopefully it's fuel, ran angry my friend!  ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/cris-carter-adrian-peterson-stinks-just-like-i-did-with-the-dolphins/?sf196574290=1

Cris Carter: Adrian Peterson stinks, just like I did with the Dolphins

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2018, 8:15 AM EDT
gettyimages-1022765774-e1535631288565.jp
Getty Images

Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter remembers how his own career ended, and he thinks future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson is due for a similar ending.

Carter, who played his 16th and final season in Miami and caught just eight passes, believes Peterson is in for a similar season in Washington this year.

“Did you see me in a Dolphins uniform?” Carter told USA Today. “I had no business playingthat season. I wouldn’t have admitted it, either. These guys get so sensitive about everything. Adrian had better get over himself. We were all great. But at the end, we all smelled like a baby’s diaper.”

Peterson heard Carter make similar comments on FS1 and was not happy about it.

“Watching some of the things they said about me, man, it really hurt me to the core,” Peterson told USA Today. “Not only are they black men, but these are people I looked up to. And these are people that made mistakes, especially Cris Carter. So some of the things that came out of his mouth, not only personally, but about me as a player – aw, he’s washed up and this, that and the other, and he should just retire – how dare you.

Peterson insists he has plenty of gas left in the tank and even thinks he can lead the league in rushing. That’s a pipe dream, but he’ll at least try to be better than Carter was with the Dolphins.

Nobody is carrying the ball 30 times a game, I lost interest in what they had to say once it became clear they don't even understand our offense.

When I found out Chris Carter made the Hall I was shocked, I watched his entire career and never thought of him as a Hall of Famer, he was a poor mans Art Monk and we know how long it too Art to get in.  I don't give much credence to his opinions.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Nobody is carrying the ball 30 times a game, I lost interest in what they had to say once it became clear they don't even understand our offense.

The new trend is to not watch sports and then give your commentary and analysis of said sport... it's the latest rave. 

36 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

The new trend is to not watch sports and then give your commentary and analysis of said sport... it's the latest rave. 

It's frustrating to watch a hall of famer who probably got in because of his media relationships trash a guy who is one of the best running backs to ever play, you take a young AP and a young Chris Carter and ask someone to pick one of the two to start building a team, nobody picks Carter over AP.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

It's frustrating to watch a hall of famer who probably got in because of his media relationships trash a guy who is one of the best running backs to never play, you take a young AP and a young Chris Carter and ask someone to pick one of the two to start building a team, nobody picks Carter over AP.

Beadle did the same thing.  She flat out said that this is the 2nd year she'll go without watching football, yet she was the co-host of a sports show on a prominent network.  Hot takes and button clicks have destroyed reporting.  Sports people now (I refuse to call most of them journalists or experts) will say stuff JUST to get it on twitter, whether they believe it or not... No respectable NFL player would EVER fault a guy for playing as long as physically possible.  NFL players need to believe they can run through walls, and until they don't believe it anymore.... they deserve a shot at playing.  The league will tell them when they're done... they don't need someone who... in all reality shoulda never been anyone special if not for a team giving him a second chance.... telling them what they can and can't do.   

Just watched video of AP's runs against Denver again from a different angle, and he pulled off one of his big runs, against a NINE man box.

NINE MEN !

And wasn't just a dive for foot or 2.

It was at least a 12 yard run, and you have to give credit to the blocking and the blocking scheme, because that was exceptional.
I think AP + Callahan + plus this line + plus a blocking FB, is going to great things this year.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just watched video of AP's runs against Denver again from a different angle, and he pulled off one of his big runs, against a NINE man box.

NINE MEN !

And wasn't just a dive for foot or 2.

It was at least a 12 yard run, and you have to give credit to the blocking and the blocking scheme, because that was exceptional.
I think AP + Callahan + plus this line + plus a blocking FB, is going to great things this year.

was that 4th and 1?

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

was that 4th and 1?

Might have been.

You can see the video at this article. But it's not the video at the top of the page.

Page down to the middle for the studio show with Baldy and Reggie Bush.

The run is also in the middle of the video at - 1:08

He calls the blocking, the "Baldy Wall" LOL

Must-see television,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2018/08/30/adrian-peterson-redskins-cris-carter-shannon-sharpe/1138649002/

At the end of the day, having lost Guice, and having seen Perrine and Kelley last year there is just one question. Even though Peterson isn't the same guy as before, has some age, etc, does anyone really think that our running game won't be improved over last year? That's an indictment of Kelley and Perrine, but I'm also looking forward to a better run game with AP and a healthy oline.

6 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

At the end of the day, having lost Guice, and having seen Perrine and Kelley last year there is just one question. Even though Peterson isn't the same guy as before, has some age, etc, does anyone really think that our running game won't be improved over last year? That's an indictment of Kelley and Perrine, but I'm also looking forward to a better run game with AP and a healthy oline.

You suggest it yourself. Having a healthy OL matters. AD, even at his age, is indeed a better RB than both Kelley and Perine. That's because he's a special back. AD, though an older lesser version of himself, still has superior vision and short area explosion to create separation. 

I look at it like this. 

- Kelley +/or Perine may have been enough behind a healthy OL to get the ranking from pathetic to just fringe middling. 

- AD, if also healthy, may be enough behind a healthy OL to get the ranking from pathetic to top 12. 

Listening to little Skippy and Sharpe I thought Skip was much more down on AP then Sharpe.  And I do not understand how AP cannot possibly understand that he was a back, whose performance, the last two years, spelled diminished return for teams and that was why he was dumped.  The Skins would be best to run him 10-15 times a game MAX, intermixing another back with him.  

At the end of the day though, our RB situation is composed, with the exception of Thompson of such mediocrity, that we were forced to pick up AP off the waiver wire.  I was not excited about our run game at all after Guice went out.   And AP will take such pounding, game in and game out, that pretty much he will look like he did last year by mid-season. It is a given unfortunately.  It is a brutal pounding for a back.   Hope I am wrong.

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

AP still looks like a man amongst boys on the sideline and on the field.  I fully expect him to see 15-20 touches a game.  My only concern is how long it lasts.  Like Zoony I can’t help but see disappointment down the line even though I’m excited to have him.

6 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

And AP will take such pounding, game in and game out, that pretty much he will look like he did last year by mid-season. It is a given unfortunately.  It is a brutal pounding for a back.   Hope I am wrong.

If we can make it to game 8 with four games of "good" AP, he'll be worth the vet minimum we paid for him. It will give Smith and the WRs/TEs time to gel without having the offense grind to a halt while they do. I would love it if the Skins started off 3-1 (or better)...if AP plays a noticeable role in that record it will have been money well spent, even if he's looking like Kelley and Perine in December.

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If we can make it to game 8 with four games of "good" AP, he'll be worth the vet minimum we paid for him. It will give Smith and the WRs/TEs time to gel without having the offense grind to a halt while they do. I would love it if the Skins started off 3-1 (or better)...if AP plays a noticeable role in that record it will have been money well spent, even if he's looking like Kelley and Perine in December.

I was all for getting AP especially at the money he got, so it’s not about that.  It’s a good deal for this team no matter what.  

Archived