Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

47 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That's 295 lbs he jumping around with, right, 75 lbs of plates on each side and the bar weighs 145lbs, that's crazy.

Are there 3 plates on each side?

Does the bar weigh 145?  That's a heavy bar.  I know the bar that I bench with is 45.

Regardless, if I tried that, I would probably need replacement hip and knee surgery after my first attempt, so that's pretty impressive.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:17 PM, Morneblade said:

NO! Shawn Lauvao is one of, if not the worst guard in the league, when healthy. He is not average. All you need to do is take your 2nd year center, move him to guard, and he plays much better, that is all you need to see that Lauvao is not even close to average. 

But Jay Gruden says he's good.  I think it was on the Redskins Talk Podcast with JP Finley, he was saying last year Gruden didn't even realize there was a narrative that Luavao wasn't, good, and when he was told, he said, "Sean's really good." And seemed shocked that anybody thought otherwise.  I think this was on the pod a few days ago.  It might have been Kevin Sheehan's pod, actually I don't remember.  I listen to a lot of pods about the Redskins.  But I promise it's a true story. 

And Bruce Allen re-signed him because there was nobody better in FA.  Well, at least nobody better who was going to cost more than the minimum.  (I labled this move lazy BEFORE it happened.  I also posted in the "what to do at left guard" thread almost as soon as it was created, before Luavao was re-signed, that he was the starting LG.

Not to derail the thread.  Back to being in awe off AP jumping with weights. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Are there 3 plates on each side?

Does the bar weigh 145?  That's a heavy bar.  I know the bar that I bench with is 45.

Regardless, if I tried that, I would probably need replacement hip and knee surgery after my first attempt, so that's pretty impressive.

Yeah, I was thinking there's no way he rolls almost 300 lbs down his back like that and catches it without falling backwards.

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

A little concerned to hear that AP might not be a sure bet to start vs. the Saints: 

"During the portion of practice that was open to the media, Peterson and Norman did some rehab work on a side field"

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-provide-scant-information-key-injured-players-0

We need him. 

That's a problem.  Is there a chance he'll still play but get limited snaps?

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Thanks. 

Doesn't feel good...

I like that we got Brown regardless of the current injury.  Kelley is on IR, and so is Marshall IIRC. Perine is obviously out of favor and inactive. Have we been going with just 2 active backs on game days thus far? Bibbs is our lead backup, and after that its nobody.  So Mack is back baby!  I heard an old clip from Vernon Davis talking up Mack being a potential top back.

I sure as hell hope it's not a high ankle.  I never buy in that a sprained ankle is no big deal, after getting burned holding guys on fantasy over the years that just had an ankle. It's just a sprain....

30 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I like that we got Brown regardless of the current injury.  Kelley is on IR, and so is Marshall IIRC. Perine is obviously out of favor and inactive. Have we been going with just 2 active backs on game days thus far? Bibbs is our lead backup, and after that its nobody.  So Mack is back baby!  I heard an old clip from Vernon Davis talking up Mack being a potential top back.

I sure as hell hope it's not a high ankle.  I never buy in that a sprained ankle is no big deal, after getting burned holding guys on fantasy over the years that just had an ankle. It's just a sprain....

Yeah I don't think Bibbs can be a direct backup to AP yet, as much as he's a backup to CT.  I'd imagine Mack is here in the event that Peterson goes down and Bibbs / CT can finish the game, calling Mack up as primary duty to backup Perine, or take over the role himself.  

From what I heard early last week, Peterson took a helmet to the ankle, not necessarily a soft tissue injury, and the boot was a precaution.  FWIW, he was on 106.7 yesterday and he said he's going to be good to go.  I heard this morning that he practiced off to the side yesterday, and was not held out completely.  All of those things put together are encouraging but obviously could change.  

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Yeah I don't think Bibbs can be a direct backup to AP yet, as much as he's a backup to CT.  I'd imagine Mack is here in the event that Peterson goes down and Bibbs / CT can finish the game, calling Mack up as primary duty to backup Perine, or take over the role himself.  

From what I heard early last week, Peterson took a helmet to the ankle, not necessarily a soft tissue injury, and the boot was a precaution.  FWIW, he was on 106.7 yesterday and he said he's going to be good to go.  I heard this morning that he practiced off to the side yesterday, and was not held out completely.  All of those things put together are encouraging but obviously could change.  

Agreed.

I dont think we even had a game day backup (other than CT or Anderson ha) in the first 2 games.  Next game backup, it was Perine, whose future is looking bleak with Bibbs getting snaps before him, and now Mack added.

Last week, Bibbs was active and served as his backup as we saw after AP went down. I have long felt "game day backup", and "next game backup" need to be differentiated as I think we often have 2 different players serving those roles.

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

The fact that he was in a walking boot gives me pause as well

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Agreed.

I dont think we even had a game day backup (other than CT or Anderson ha) in the first 2 games.  Next game backup, it was Perine, whose future is looking bleak with Bibbs getting snaps before him, and now Mack added.

Last week, Bibbs was active and served as his backup as we saw after AP went down. I have long felt "game day backup", and "next game backup" need to be differentiated as I think we often have 2 different players serving those roles.

Kelley was the backup games 1 and 2 with Perine inactive.  Week 3, they brought Bibbs back and Perine was once again inactive.  

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

The fact that he was in a walking boot gives me pause as well

AP said he was OK, so that is good to hear. Here's to hoping we see him running rampant on Monday night, and alleviating any fears proper. 

However, I just read he was working over on the sideline again today, and players aren't well served to let opponents know that they are injured.

Just now, skinny21 said:

Kelley was the backup games 1 and 2 with Perine inactive.  Week 3, they brought Bibbs back and Perine was once again inactive.  

Oh, that makes sense. When did Kelley injure his toe? I didn't think he saw the field. Obviously, I am very confused.

Thanks - I cannot ever recall just 2 backs active on game day.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

AP said he was OK, so that is good to hear. Here's to hoping we see him running rampant on Monday night, and alleviating any fears proper. 

However, I just read he was working over on the sideline again today, and players aren't well served to let opponents know that they are injured.

Oh, that makes sense. When did Kelley injure his toe? I didn't think he saw the field. Obviously, I am very confused.

Thanks - I cannot ever recall just 2 backs active on game day.

Kelley had 3 carries week 1, and 1 in week 2, IIRC.  Can’t recall when (during the game, I think) the injury occurred...

7 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

We need him this week, huge huge huge game. We need this one! And man, just want to reiterate how wrong I was about bringing him in. He's been awesome.

Agree but let's hope he lasts the balance of the season. He does us no good on the bench.

I’m okay with this version of AP for 10-12 games as well. Of course l, a full season is ideal, but if he can provide a huge lift for 75% of the year, that’s a positive. 

Been a great move. Can really appreciate his mental approach to it all. You can see how he still has it, he never feels like anything is coming to him and appreciates the work required to remain physically ready. It reminds me of a boxers mentality and how some struggle after making money to continue making sacrifices— Peterson is still operating as if he’s earned no money or done anything in the league. A net positive from a leadership standpoint for team. QB seems to be same way. Awesome stuff! 

50 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The mentoring aspect alone from AP on the other backs is a big bonus.

Hec, all of them I'm sure has watched AP play, so his insight, especially into games against teams he's played for, will be things all of them can keep in mind at game time.

I hope Guice is taking a break from Fortnight and hanging out around AP as much as possible.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:31 PM, RandyHolt said:

I am surprised more didn't talk about AP in a walking boot.  Did anyone see the injury? I hope it wasn't on the high side.

I saw it, the crew calling our game was just woefully inept in calling it out. The replay showed him going down awkwardly and hobbling around on the sideline. Nobody said anything though.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I saw it, the crew calling our game was just woefully inept in calling it out. The replay showed him going down awkwardly and hobbling around on the sideline. Nobody said anything though.

Thanks for sharing what you saw.  I miss almost no plays over the course of a season, and I didn't notice it.  The walking boot seems rare for minor ankle sprains but what do I know, I am just a webmd.

Archived