Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Thanks for sharing what you saw.  I miss almost no plays over the course of a season, and I didn't notice it.  The walking boot seems rare for minor ankle sprains but what do I know, I am just a webmd.

I think it was a precaution until they could get film on it, to immobilize it and try to prevent any further damage.  They're pretty quick to get an injured joint locked down until they can see whats going on.   A partial tear on the field can just get worse if the guy is on the sideline trying to stretch it out and it tears completely.  

3 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Adrian Peterson (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday.

Peterson sprained his ankle in Week 3 but had the bye week to heal. He's trending in the right direction for Monday night's game in New Orleans. Fueled by the #RevengeGame narrative, AD will be an RB2 in that matchup, assuming he gets the nod.

What does RB2 mean? 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Sad part of it all is that he is a Cowboys fan.

Unfortunate, but he's from Texas and he's playing his heart out for us, so I'll forgive him for it. In fact, deeper respect to him for playing his heart out for a rival.

24 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Even if this turns out to be the only year he plays for us, he’s starting to become a franchise legend regardless

Legend?  Wouldn’t go that far.  But boy was I wrong.  I skewered the Skins for picking him up after Guice went down and  boy has he proven me wrong.  

Peterson

Adrian Peterson on playing hurt: "It was definitely mind over matter. It was a game where you got to bite down and put your best foot forward. I had it made up in my mind by Friday that I'm going to give it a go. I know it's going to be painful.. But mind over matter."

Steve Czaban liked

Peterson was the #1 star of the game. He was incredible when you consider he was playing hurt. Norman's first half punch out saved points on one end, led to points on the other. Unexpected--four WRs had 11 catches. Reed had 5 catches on 9 targets. Much better. #Redskins

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Network

Not saying Adrian Peterson is tough… but he popped his own shoulder back into socket last week. Totally normal ??‍♂️

Even with Guice back next year, I'd still bring back AP for a number of reasons:

1) I wouldn't give a guy coming off an ACL surgery a full workload

2) AP's mentorship should help Guice out

3) AP is good insurance in case Guice has some sort of setback

4) AP would be Guice's backup (as the 1st/2nd down back). I'd rather have him in the role vs. Perine, Kelley or Mack Brown.

5) Doubt he's expensive. May need to give him a bit of a pay increase but I doubt he sees anymore than $1.5M-$2M.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Plenty of us like to bash Bruce Allen for...well, take your pick.  But if any of us are interested in being objective, you gotta give him credit for getting Peterson in here.  A tip of the cap to Allen.  Well done.

I believe the credit goes to Doug Williams. Saw something out there that Doug got flak from Bruce and others for bringing AP in for a workout

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Unfortunate, but he's from Texas and he's playing his heart out for us, so I'll forgive him for it. In fact, deeper respect to him for playing his heart out for a rival.

Yea but he lives in the Houston area, I think.

Personally I'd like to see him finish his career here.

He still has what it takes and he's proven that, not to mention he would be a great mentor for Guice, coach him along the way, help him really evolve into a very good all-around back.

10 minutes ago, method man said:

Even with Guice back next year, I'd still bring back AP for a number of reasons:

1) I wouldn't give a guy coming off an ACL surgery a full workload

2) AP's mentorship should help Guice out

3) AP is good insurance in case Guice has some sort of setback

4) AP would be Guice's backup (as the 1st/2nd down back). I'd rather have him in the role vs. Perine, Kelley or Mack Brown.

5) Doubt he's expensive. May need to give him a bit of a pay increase but I doubt he sees anymore than $1.5M-$2M.

If Peterson was up for it, I'd be happy with it, but I don't know that Peterson would be willing to be second fiddle to anyone. He wanted the lead role in Arizona and New Orleans, and finally got it here. Only way I'd see it working out is if Guice backed Peterson up.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If Peterson was up for it, I'd be happy with it, but I don't know that Peterson would be willing to be second fiddle to anyone. He wanted the lead role in Arizona and New Orleans, and finally got it here. Only way I'd see it working out is if Guice backed Peterson up.

Which is fine for a year

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm with it.  If Peterson finishes strong this year, no need to rush Guice back.

Yep. Dalvin Cook is the cautionary tale of what happens when you rush a RB from ACL surgery. Even before his recent hamstring injury, he wasn't playing well

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Which is fine for a year

I'd be happy with it too. I'm just not sure the team's staff would. It would mean losing either Perine or Kelley... I don't know if they have the strength to cut their crushes lol

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'd be happy with it too. I'm just not sure the team's staff would. It would mean losing either Perine or Kelley... I don't know if they have the strength to cut their crushes lol

I know, letting Grant and Paul go in one year must have been traumatizing!

Archived