Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

I feel bad for RD, but this isn't a big impact on 2018.  He would've gotten some snaps and caught some passes, but probably wasn't going to be a game changer.  Brian quick would have a bigger impact in 2018 due to special teams play, and I know Harris has impressed so far.  Along with Quinn and the three starters, those are the favorites to make the roster, with guys like Sims potentially having a shot.  Heal up and see you in 2019 RD. 

Now please, no more injuries for at least a little while please. 

I’m not trying to be like most posts pissing and moaning over some kind of curse,or because Snider is our owner but Man..there has to be some reason why our players that get injured are out for entire seasons,unlike other teams that their players get hurt and are out for a game or three???..Yes I know,football is violent(I played for many years and very aware),and yes I know freak accidents happen(I’m 42 years old and have had my fare share of those as well)..but it’s like when one player gets hurt,it starts a domino effect thruout our entire team..Last year was almost too many to keep track of at the pace we were dropping,some games it was like every other quarter or even every other snap for that fact???..Is it our trainers,is it the fact of the players union has bubble wrapped our practices to this degree,is it just our FO and the luck of the type of players we draft????..I just do not get it at all-All teams have players that get hurt every season but at the rate we do compared to AN ENTIRE LEAGUE playing the same type of game is just mind boggling to me!!..I hope and pray that all of our guys make it thru preseason-entire season(weather they’re our Starter or player that will be cut in three weeks,don’t wish any injury on any guy regardless of status on team!!)..please,please dark cloud go float over Dallas,Giants,& Philly for a few seasons DAMN!!!!

The problem is training camp is too soft..these guys are not being pushed hard enough..Just about every team has played the starters for alteast one series during preseason except the Redskins..It's no coincidence that ever since Gruden has got here that the injuries have piled up and the team always starts out slow..He just dosen't play them enough to get use to the physicality of a NFL season.

45 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The problem is training camp is too soft..these guys are not being pushed hard enough..Just about every team has played the starters for alteast one series during preseason except the Redskins..It's no coincidence that ever since Gruden has got here that the injuries have piled up and the team always starts out slow..He just dosen't play them enough to get use to the physicality of a NFL season.

It’s not gruden it’s the nflpa that pushed for weaker camps.  Injuries are all over the league, it’s just more prevalent because we follow this team day in and out.

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

It’s not gruden it’s the nflpa that pushed for weaker camps.  Injuries are all over the league, it’s just more prevalent because we follow this team day in and out.

But we are consistently more injured than almost any other team.  The stats don’t lie. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/08/10/for-redskins-injury-bug-rears-its-ugly-head-again-and-again-and-again/?utm_term=.6892e78ab1a2

My theory, which is pure speculation, is that Snyder is cash poor.  I don’t think he has the cash flow to fund NFL leading training centers. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the amount of gaurenteed cash Cousins was going to take to sign and make over 3 years was a non starter for Snyder and not just because he thought Cousins wasn’t worth it. 

Whether there is anyone to or not to blame it doesn't change the fact that initial excitement for a team is based on a healthy roster and as players start getting hurt it dampers enthusiasm accordingly. 

Doesn't mean a team can't overcome the injuries, hell the Eagles just won the SB with Foles, but still the odds of being a winning team decreases more and more when starters are lost for the season.

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

No amount of training camp hitting is going to prevent what happened to Guice, or what happened to Davis today.

25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Whether there is anyone to or not to blame it doesn't change the fact that initial excitement for a team is based on a healthy roster and as players start getting hurt it dampers enthusiasm accordingly. 

Doesn't mean a team can't overcome the injuries, hell the Eagles just won the SB with Foles, but still the odds of being a winning team decreases more and more when starters are lost for the season.

The good news is, so far, we only lost one.  And it was a guy we essentially never really had.  Davis was gonna be a 5th WR, at best, if he even made the team at all.  And Garner's ceiling was probably practice squad, if he caught a break. 

So while it seems like we're getting killed, it's really not the case.  

21 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Ermmm what surgery do you get for a hyper extended knee ? If there is no damage it just needs to be rested . If you are suggesting the knee has had damage since the hyper extension at LSU then you are essentially saying in he has been operating on torn ligaments all this time - which is fairly impressive.... 

Ok .Do we have a medical report? Was there a MRI on the knee when Guice was enrolled at LSU? Obviously there was not a report on the injury  when the Skins drafted Guice. Was there more to the hyper extended knee than reported?

12 hours ago, redskinss said:

How on earth are we ever gonna replace Davis. 

I don't like any redskins getting injured and I hate to see a young player set back like this but for crying out loud we really need to get a grip as a fanbase. 

Screenshot_20180811-184542_Chrome.jpg

Harris, Sims and Cobbs are basically the same guy without the generic witness relocation name

13 hours ago, justice98 said:

No amount of training camp hitting is going to prevent what happened to Guice, or what happened to Davis today.

The good news is, so far, we only lost one.  And it was a guy we essentially never really had.  Davis was gonna be a 5th WR, at best, if he even made the team at all.  And Garner's ceiling was probably practice squad, if he caught a break. 

So while it seems like we're getting killed, it's really not the case.  

Don't forget we also lost Arie Kouandjio, who was supposed to be our LG this season. And it's still ONLY week one. We've got time for more. ;)

49 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Don't forget we also lost Arie Kouandjio, who was supposed to be our LG this season. And it's still ONLY week one. We've got time for more. ;)

Arie and Lauvao were going to compete for the job.  And considering Arie was essentially a fourth string guy, who didn't make it past camp, and only got picked up to another teams PS there's no guarantee he would have won

5 minutes ago, carex said:

Arie and Lauvao were going to compete for the job.  And considering Arie was essentially a fourth string guy, who didn't make it past camp, and only got picked up to another teams PS there's no guarantee he would have won

Maybe. I had forgotten that Lauvao was signed before the injury, not after. Although it's safe to say that the Staff wanted him to win the job. But you are correct, they were going to compete for it. But he was not a 4th stringer coming into this year.

It may be that Tom Brady and his personal trainer is right.  Proper exercise, proper diet, and the correct amount of rest in between may do the trick.  As you may well know, Brady and his trainer, I believe the gentleman's name is Rodriguez, attempted to implement a program to help with stamina, and over all health, having introduce this to team members.  Brady believed it could, possibly, help with injury recovery time and longevity, as well.  I'm not quite clear on it, as I read the article in ESPN awhile back.  Also, know that this introduction to a new concept caused a rift with players, coaches, and front office to the point that Belichick did not allow Brady's trainer anywhere near the field, or in the gym.

You're right in that no one should feel that the dictated, demagogic way, is the only way.

23 hours ago, HOF44 said:

My theory, which is pure speculation, is that Snyder is cash poor.  I don’t think he has the cash flow to fund NFL leading training centers. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the amount of gaurenteed cash Cousins was going to take to sign and make over 3 years was a non starter for Snyder and not just because he thought Cousins wasn’t worth it. 

It may be mere speculation but it has the ring of truth.  Snyder is a billionaire but he may be a lightweight compared to other owners who can afford to build better facilities and fund larger guaranteed contracts.  The Vikings owners have invested a lot in brand new facilities.

23 hours ago, dyst said:

It’s just so difficult to get excited. Every year, it’s either drama, bad play, no playoffs or injuries. We just can’t have a fun magical year.

Yeah, I would think it would be especially hard for younger fans who didn't enjoy the success in the 80's and early 90's.  

11 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

It may be mere speculation but it has the ring of truth.  Snyder is a billionaire but he may be a lightweight compared to other owners who can afford to build better facilities and fund larger guaranteed contracts.  The Vikings owners have invested a lot in brand new facilities.

Is it possible that they are waiting for the new stadium location to be found before building new facilities ?

Archived