Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

Beer suffered from the boomers reducing it to a silver can that just said “BEER” in the 70’s because they ruin everything. The generation that adored fast food chains also liked cheep piss beer that tasted the same everywhere you went and didn’t cofuse you with words on the label. 

The truth is beer is every bit as varied and nuanced as wine if you are willing to let it be. Doesn’t mean everyone will like it. Just means there’s a lot of options to go through before categorically dismissing it. 

Im not a fan of sours mead and barely wine. I like ipa’s but prefer light and crisp over floral. Otherwise like everything. 

Oatmeal stout is currently the most under appreciated beer imo 

Also if you haven’t bought 40’s and got ****ty with your buddies you haven’t lived the American dream

I have made so many friends out of enemies over a few beers that I dont think I would have any without it. 

As far as taste, I'll drink anything twice....but I have been really into Allagash lately. Dark or light makes no difference for me. It's all about the mood I'm in. World of beer is my jam cause I can just walk in there and try something I have never had before. 

I'm just getting on this wine kick too thanks to the parents kinda in law. That's all they drink. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, zoony said:

si

Does anyone remember the Fairness Doctrine from circa 2009?  Democrats were outspoken about the weaponization of talk radio.  At the time, i thought mostly they had z fair point ( and still do)  its just not healthy to sit in a partisan weaponized echo chamber all day.   Fast forward to today, look where we are.

People need to start turning it off.  Im seeing the opposite

There was a Twitter discussion about a month or two back where people were sharing the stories of their parents and FoxNews. (Now, this discussion being held on Twitter is probably ironic but bear with me). The general story was basically the same. "My parents were always Republican and always conservative. But they weren't extreme, and they trusted the government by and large. And they were fairly open-minded. Since they retired, they watch FoxNews 8 hours a day. Now, they are angry, paranoid, and I have no idea where this racism is coming from. They are forwarding me emails about PizzaGate and Sandy Hook, and it's scary."

I actually see a bit of that in my mom. She has MSNBC on all day since she retired. And she's kinda losing her mind.

We aren't designed to receive information this way.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

There was a Twitter discussion about a month or two back where people were sharing the stories of their parents and FoxNews. (Now, this discussion being held on Twitter is probably ironic but bear with me). The general story was basically the same. "My parents were always Republican and always conservative. But they weren't extreme, and they trusted the government by and large. And they were fairly open-minded. Since they retired, they watch FoxNews 8 hours a day. Now, they are angry, paranoid, and I have no idea where this racism is coming from. They are forwarding me emails about PizzaGate and Sandy Hook, and it's scary."

I actually see a bit of that in my mom. She has MSNBC on all day since she retired. And she's kinda losing her mind.

We aren't designed to receive information this way.

Its conditioning.

Nobody knows anything for certain. Trust your leader.

I am going to put the sincerity level at about 8% of that. She got what she wanted--attention. For people like her, there is no bad publicity. It's the Howard Stern Effect--people will watch whether they like or dislike her, just to hear what she does next.

On June 4, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I see the same with my parents and MSNBC.

I also see it with some friends who've gone completely nuts after watching FoxNews every night.

I had one who was convinced O'Reilly was a non-partisan, no spin truth teller.  I mean, that's just not factually accurate, like him or hate him, at least recognize what you're watching....

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I see the same with my parents and MSNBC.

I also see it with some friends who've gone completely nuts after watching FoxNews every night.

I had one who was convinced O'Reilly was a non-partisan, no spin truth teller.  I mean, that's just not factually accurate, like him or hate him, at least recognize what you're watching....

He spent 20 years positioning himself as that. You hear the lie over and over every night that this one guy is impartial and is simply your defender watching out for you, eventually you

believe it. 

I used to be a religious Fox News watcher. Bought their books and tuned in every night. I thought they were my heroes defending my freedom and bringing to light how America was falling 

Archived