Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

ABC announced Tuesday that it has canceled “Roseanne” after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr, went on a vitriolic Twitter rampage Monday.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” the network said in a statement released just hours after the comedian’s offensive social media rant.

More at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/05/29/roseanne-went-on-a-vitriolic-and-racially-charged-twitter-rampage-now-shes-apologizing/?utm_term=.b9ea3cdc2ac6

14 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Are we taking bets on which network or platform picks it up for the next season?

My bet is that all of the networks are scrambling to find a way to make the same show (an homage to white trash real Americans) but headlined by someone less repugnant than Roseanne Barr (so, anyone).  

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I cant imagine John Goodman still wanting to be associated with that but even if another network picked it up. I guess they could always kill him off again so there's that, I guess.

Is he liberal or something? I didn’t hear any reaction from him to any of her other ridiculous statements and tweets 

Have friends who worked with her in the old days and now in the new days.

She was a timebomb waiting to happen on Twitter and off Twitter. ABC did it now because they knew something else was inevitably going to come later. People forget Roseanne is legit crazy -- not just Hollywood crazy.

I don't see anyone picking it up, but ya never know.

It's kinda hard to applaud ABC for this when they knew what they were getting into with her.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is he liberal or something? I didn’t hear any reaction from him to any of her other ridiculous statements and tweets 

Not sure if he's liberal or not, but to me he seems like he could be categorized as "Not A Huge Asshole" and, if true, would probably not want to be associated with any of those comments.  But yea, it'd be funny if Dan Connor died in some tasteful gun violence. 

Let’s step away from her racist meltdown today. 

Roseanne has been spreading the nonsense QAnon conspiracy theory for months now. She also consistently retweets pizzagate nutters.

She is legitimately crazy and ABC has been ok with giving her a platform this whole time. 

Her show may have been cancelled but we have to come to grips with the fact that she has an audience for a reason. There are millions and millions of delusional people like her in this country. 

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

The stories of Roseanne back in the day -- long before twitter -- are bonkers. 

Took out her tampon and wiped it on a writer's desk for one.

Allegedly.

I've never regretted learning how to read. Until now. 

Archived