Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

Maybe she didn't want to do the show anymore, and this was the easiest, most surefire way to get out from under the show without breaking her contract.

Or...she's just really stupid and racist, and couldn't help herself. Which is probably the case.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

C'mon guys! What will the rust belt real 'murica watch now? 

Let me reply to that with a post I made in April, with a slight revision:

On 4/12/2018 at 11:26 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

I'll also note that I love how conservatives try to divide up the world into thing that are theirs and things that are owned by liberals.  So far liberals are coming up the big winners.  We get the NFL, 99% of movies, all of TV except for Fox News and Roseanne, Amazon, and on and on.

They get Fox News, WalMart, guns and trucks.  :)

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

C'mon guys! What will the rust belt real 'murica watch now? 

Sports.  Rosanne was popular on nostalgia only.  Anyone between the ages of 28 and 50 watched that show.  I thought it was WAY overrated then, and even more so now.

Now a reboot of ALF? 

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

All jokes aside, what are the thoughts on ABC and her agents up to yesterday?

As others have said, ABC and her agents knew what they had with her.  And they used her anyways.  Don't they deserve a little more scorn?

No different than when a football team gets burned signing a guy with a history of problems. There's always someone ready to give someone a chance if they can make a quick buck. 

Thing is, I'm not sure scorn is necessary. The cast of Rosanne all came back. They've had great things to say about her in the past up to yesterday. 

This is despite her weird ramblings on Twitter and interviews.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

I cant imagine John Goodman still wanting to be associated with that but even if another network picked it up. I guess they could always kill him off again so there's that, I guess.

It's being rumored that Fox will pick up the show and Sean Hannity will replace John Goodman.

Archived