Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

30 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

The Dem mob does the same right ? 

Hmmm...

The liberals certainly have an issue with some of the same things the right does,

The problem is that the liberals motivation normally at least seems to be from a good place. They go off the rails about how awful white people are occasionally and that can be troubling, and we've got a few here for whom that seems to be the foundation of everything they think/believe about politics, but for the most part it's the result of fatigue from arguing the issue and feeling like they're hitting their head into a wall. The right's slowness in recognizing some terrible things is a big cause of this (and I have certainly had issues with that myself)

The liberals are pretty good at identifying social problems. They're usually right about them, and they're usually the first to embrace the affected people and speak on their behalf. They struggle with the solution aspect of it, in my opinion; it's where I usually get annoyed with them. 

The right... the right's motivation seems to be in ignorance and a bunch of things that are thin veils for more sinister motivations. They refuse to accept modern day research and science and statistics that tell us so many things... like that jail is not a good place for drug addicts and it doesn't work, that trickle down economics doesn't work, that where and to whom you were born has a significant impact on what kid of person you turn out to be (and in some cases, are allowed to be), etc etc etc... The result of being challenged on these thoughts has been to claim their opponents liars, their source of information as fake.

The number one reason I've separated from the republicans over the last few years is that their ideas are bad, and their justifications are worse. Instead of contributing towards bettering our society, they seem pretty insistent that the problems don't exist (unless it affects them...)

The problem I have with the liberals is that I just don't like their solutions or agree with their desired outcomes.

The dems have problems. They're hardly an ideal political party. They're not as bad as the republicans. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-roseanne-tweet-snark_us_5b0ed269e4b0802d69d09f80

Twitter Users Eviscerate Donald Trump’s Bizarre ‘Roseanne’ Tweet

Spoiler alert: There were a lot of crying baby GIFs.

As you might expect, Donald Trump’s bizarre self-pitying tweet regarding ABC’s cancellation of “Roseanne” was the sort of thing Twitter users couldn’t ignore.

The president tweeted on Wednesday asking why the network never apologized for “the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me” on the network. Meanwhile, Robert Iger, CEO of the Walt Disney Company, which owns ABC, had reached out to Valerie Jarrett after Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet about her.

*Click link for more*

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The right likes to divide the world into things that are theirs and things that are the liberals.  With respect to culture, the right only has a precious few things.  Roseanne was one of their things.  

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Roseanne is a mentally ill conspiracy theorist.

These two posts read so perfectly following one another. It reads like a play.  

Dan: The right has precious few things.

Darlene: Roseanne is one of them.

Dan: She's a mentally ill conspiracy theorist.

Darlene: I just said that, Dad.  I said she's a direct reflection of Trumpism

53 minutes ago, tshile said:

The liberals certainly have an issue with some of the same things the right does,

The problem is that the liberals motivation normally at least seems to be from a good place. They go off the rails about how awful white people are occasionally and that can be troubling, and we've got a few here for whom that seems to be the foundation of everything they think/believe about politics, but for the most part it's the result of fatigue from arguing the issue and feeling like they're hitting their head into a wall. The right's slowness in recognizing some terrible things is a big cause of this (and I have certainly had issues with that myself)

The liberals are pretty good at identifying social problems. They're usually right about them, and they're usually the first to embrace the affected people and speak on their behalf. They struggle with the solution aspect of it, in my opinion; it's where I usually get annoyed with them. 

The other side of it is that when their side goes wrong they don't rally behind 'em and pretend they didn't. Look at the Me Too movement and all the Hollywood elite and even Congressmen that got killed and lost their careers and reputation on the Dem side.Now, look instead at Trump prosteletizing for pedophiles, sexual deviants, or criminials like Sheriff Arpaio. Look at how the religious right embrace Trump despite every imagined wrong they attributed to the Clintons.

The Dems are not perfect, but in terms of accountability they at least make an effort (even though I think they sometimes overreact.)

9 minutes ago, PCS said:

*Click link for more*

Yeah, I'll pass, thank you, though!

The post above about the amount of time spent on Roseanne and Puerto Rico is the problem with news coverage today: inflame the passions of the populace. I have a theory that only about 60% of any story is going to be based in fact. They're designed to piss people off, keep them angry, keep them watching, clicking, and reading.

News media rages against the NRA, but it ignores the far more dangerous lobby: Big Pharma. Seriously, there is a new anti-depression medication being hailed as a miracle cure--it's ketamine.

I'm also fascinated by people's reactions to stories like this. People condemning Roseanne (rightfully so) are celebrating the death of Barbara Bush and John McCain's cancer. There was a Nats fan I followed on Twitter that said the best thing Ronald Reagan did for this country was die.

The people who bash Breitbart and Infowars for being the bull**** factories they are, readily post from Occupy Democrats, Think Progress, and The Other 98%.

And this isn't meant to be a Conservatives are right/Liberals are wrong post--it's just an observation. It goes both ways, and plenty has been said about how nuts Trumpians are.

Politics in general has become backwards. The way people think should drive politics--today though people's political identification drives they way they think. If I identify as left or right, so I need to tow the party line--even if it's bat**** crazy. Meanwhile, I need attack the other side for the same idiocy I see in my party. Politics are ingrained in people's identity the same way religion is. There is little rational thought anymore.

tshile hit the nail on the head above: The GOP is run by the biggest nutjob in American History--and his associated band of sycophants--they are in need of a major overhaul. Meanwhile, the Democrats are a bunch of useless windbags, who seemingly only want to improve their image.

33 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is just more evidence of the utter predictability of the Trump admin.  

I've actually stopped reading the main "Trump and His Cabinet/buffoonery" thread because everything they do is SOOOOO predictable at this point.  It's literally like a TV show that started with an interesting concept, but quickly went completely stale and is no longer the least bit interesting.  Anyone remember Heroes?  It's like Heroes.

This is pretty funny, seeing all of the liberals swarming and attacking this woman who is clearly mentally ill.  Mainly because its in their political interest, despite mental health being a pet cause of the left for the past 30 years.  Shes not mentally ill, shes a racist bigot trump supporter right wing nazi.

At least jimmy kimmel isnt a hypocritical douche.  Good luck to the rest of you

Archived