Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Serious question? Who is crazier Rosanne or Kanye?

Rosanne isn't crazy, she's stupid there's difference.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Man. Bad choice of wording here lol. 

In this situation, you know I don't care : )

I am happy to see a company put their morals over their bottom line.  Though the cynic in me bets that had a cost benefit analysis done.  Either way, I wish more people looked at principles over money.

Reminds me of Dicks putting in their own gun rules.  I supported that even though I am a gun nut.  And I will still shop there (at least as much as I used to).  They knew they would make less money but did what they thought was right.  Wish more of society did that.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I am happy to see a company put their morals over their bottom line.  Though the cynic in me bets that had a cost benefit analysis done.  Either way, I wish more people looked at principles over money.

Reminds me of Dicks putting in their own gun rules.  I supported that even though I am a gun nut.  And I will still shop there (at least as much as I used to).  They knew they would make less money but did what they thought was right.  Wish more of society did that.

I wouldn't be surprised if some advertisers called up and said either she goes or we go. 

3 minutes ago, AJ* said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some advertisers called up and said either she goes or we go. 

Probably so.  But please let me at least pretend they didn't just do it because it was the best for their pocket books.  I really need something to restore my faith in people.

16 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's called Do the Right Thing.

Shes been insane for as long as i can remember.  ABC Disney proves again that they are completely tone deaf, naive, and above all, stupid.  Why do they keep hitching their wagon to the mentally ill and political stooges?  Then wonder why it blows up in their face?  Not just ABC, all their brands

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Shes been insane for as long as i can remember.  ABC Disney proves again that they are completely tone deaf, naive, and above all, stupid.  Why do they keep hitching their wagon to the mentally ill and political stooges?  Then wonder why it blows up in their face?  Not just ABC, all their brands

I mean, Marvel is doing alright.

... I’ve jinxed it, haven’t I.

The funny thing is that the same people outraged about punishing Rosanne for “free speech” are the same people cheering about the new anthem rule and Kaepernick being unemployed.

In the words of Dr. Evil,

”You just don’t get it, do you Scott?”

6 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The funny thing is that the same people outraged about punishing Rosanne for “free speech” are the same people cheering about the new anthem rule and Kaepernick being unemployed.

In the words of Dr. Evil,

”You just don’t get it, do you Scott?”

Be careful.  I made a point about free speech being a double edge sword.  It was not well received.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Rosanne isn't crazy, she's stupid there's difference.

In this situation, you know I don't care : )

No, she's legit crazy. Went through a whole multiple personality thing back in the day. And it wasn't a joke.

ABC basically gave a pyromaniac matches, they started a fire, and now is getting credit for putting the fire out. 

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

ABC basically gave a pyromaniac matches, they started a fire, and now is getting credit for putting the fire out. 

This, so much this

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Hooper’s immense and often disgusting Roseanne knowledge has been my biggest takeaway from today 

Iirc, hooper works or used to work in the entertainment industry.  Hes posted enough on hollywood over the years for me to pay attention at least

She must be crazy because I don't understand the thought process of tweeting something like that publicly and then thinking you can go back to your work place and face your colleagues as if nothing happened or that they would actually want to work with you again.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Al should be an out of work construction worker 

While I too would love to see a MWC reboot, I just would like to point out that in this day, the above simply does not exist.  Youre more likely to find an out of work doctor.

That said, I think a good storyline for Al would be that online sales put the shoe store out of business so now hes the bathroom jockey at a womens strip club.  Or mens strip club.  I mean a place where women go to see naked men.  Not sure which that is, technically.  He could work in the bathroom for dudes who identify as women.

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

No, she's legit crazy. Went through a whole multiple personality thing back in the day. And it wasn't a joke.

I had trouble finding articles recently that showed she was still going through that.  By her own accounts, that's something she had resolved years before she started this show back up, she wasn't worried about it anymore (saw in Rolling Stone article from 2013).  Either she's lying about that being resolved or lying about ever having that problem to begin with.  You buying it?

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

FOX won't pick her up either. She's toxic.

Once foxnews runs the “conservative voice tossed by liberal media” narrative for two weeks she won’t be toxic to its viewers. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Probably so.  But please let me at least pretend they didn't just do it because it was the best for their pocket books.  I really need something to restore my faith in people.

At the very least the advertisers, also big companies with money, might have forced the decision a bit.  But is kind of the same thing, companies selling stuff didn't want to be associated with this nonsense and made it happen.  

I’ll take that. And kudos to whatever company pressed the issue with Disney. 

55 minutes ago, c slag said:

Was the show "The Big Bang Theory "

a spinoff of the original "Rosanne "?

No, though I think some of the production staff was the same which is how so many rosanne alums ended up on the show.

2 hours ago, zoony said:

While I too would love to see a MWC reboot, I just would like to point out that in this day, the above simply does not exist.  Youre more likely to find an out of work doctor.

That said, I think a good storyline for Al would be that online sales put the shoe store out of business so now hes the bathroom jockey at a womens strip club.  Or mens strip club.  I mean a place where women go to see naked men.  Not sure which that is, technically.  He could work in the bathroom for dudes who identify as women.

haven't thought about it now but Al was a shoe salesman living a solid, middle class life. It was certainly plausible in the late 80s and early 90s. 

In my small town, our main street still has two independently owned shoe stores that have been around since the 80s/90s at least. Not sure how they stay in business. 

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's called Do the Right Thing.

Ehhh, not sure I buy that.

the NRA has what? 5M paying members? How many are dead with lifetime memberships? Amazon Prime has 100M annual members.

It's knowing your customers.

I agree with Jack. They should try that. See what happens. There is only so much ad space Cash4Gold and Reverse Mortgage Lenders can buy. Not seeing folks giving their money to Kevin Sorbo....or Baldwin....or Allen.....or Roseanne. They have money. Let them try it themselves. Guessing they know it's flushing their money down the crappy. 

6 hours ago, Destino said:

How many people are going to lose money because of this?  How much has the cast lost from the current show being canceled?  Do actors get paid for reruns? 

Probably around a few dozen.

Not sure about how much lost. 

The actors will not likely be paid for re-runs because no one is probably going to pick up and pay for a series that is only 9 episodes that was cancelled for the reasons that it was. 

Archived