Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

All of this just makes me lament for the days when this country actually had the mental capacity to file celebrity bull**** into the fluffy pile of trash it is.

Now it's a full blown cry over whether or not this person should be fired or that person should be fired because of similiar comments.

Here is the deal. If you are upset because Roseanne got fired and you justify your emotion over it to your politics, well holy **** GROW THE **** UP you goddam MORON. Is there NOTHING you won't cry like a 3 year old over?

Have some ****ing self respect.

Friggin' tabloid celebrity trash dictates our national discourse. it's a ****ing embarrassment heaped on top of countless humiliations this army of idiots has forced upon decent people.

~Bang

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

All of this just makes me lament for the days when this country actually had the mental capacity to file celebrity bull**** into the fluffy pile of trash it is.

Now it's a full blown cry over whether or not this person should be fired or that person should be fired because of similiar comments.

Here is the deal. If you are upset because Roseanne got fired and you justify your emotion over it to your politics, well holy **** GROW THE **** UP you goddam MORON. Is there NOTHING you won't cry like a 3 year old over?

Have some ****ing self respect.

Friggin' tabloid celebrity trash dictates our national discourse. it's a ****ing embarrassment heaped on top of countless humiliations this army of idiots has forced upon decent people.

~Bang

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

This is a generation that is dominated by feelings, not by facts. The irony is that boomers criticize millennials for being snowflakes, for being too driven by feelings. But the boomers are the first big feelings generation. They’re highly motivated by feelings and not persuaded by facts. And you can see this in their policies.

Take this whole fantasy about trickle-down economics. Maybe it was worth a shot, but it doesn’t work. We know it doesn’t work. The evidence is

overwhelming. The experiment is over. And yet they’re still clinging to this dogma, and indeed the latest tax bill is the latest example of that.

Time after time, when facts collided with feelings, the boomers chose feelings.

I got a lot of negative stuff to say about a lot of groups, but Boomers by far have played the biggest part in ruining what this country should be.

I go back and forth on whether its recoverable. Just depends on when you catch me.

No argument from me. Self centered dopes who have done their best to destroy as much of what they were handed before their grandchildren can even begin.

Has there ever been a society that hates it's own young as much as we appear to?

Oh, i love my kids, but let me vote to destroy their education, their economic prospects, even their freedom. Let me hook them on drugs, teach them to hate their neighbors, saddle them with crippling debt, and remove all safety nets to help them through the minefield we have created.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

CNN was all in on this Roseanne business last night in primetime.  Seemed a little much.  

But I dont know who this tweeter's "we" is, cuz I think a lot of people knew it was more devastating than the news cycle would allow.

16 minutes ago, Bang said:

Self centered dopes who have done their best to destroy as much of what they were handed before their grandchildren can even begin.

My biggest issue is the anti-authority (in regards to a topic - like the american academy of pediatrics on matters of... children's health...) and anti-intelligence aspect the boomers created and caused to flourish.

They have created a trust no one, expertise is meaningless, everyone's trying to screw you mentality that is at the core of everything that is wrong with our country right now.

Simpletons who barely know how to google a topic think they know better than experts. It's incredible and absurd.

Ran across a raging frothing Trump enabler squawking about roseanne's firing by showing a picture of whoopi goldberg in a t-shirt showing Trump blowing his brains out.

I am sure you've seen it rolling around..  it is such an obvious bad photoshop,, there are a million things giving it away to anyone with 20/1000 vision or better.

Me, i do photoshop for a living, so i see it all, and point out some of the obvious flaws (You know, "the design isn't actually attached to the shirt over here.")

I was berated that it was indeed real, and even after showing her the original, along with dozens of other pics from the same day showing the true shirt..  still won't have any of it. Ended the conversation by telling me that the real one was fake and the obvious fake was real, and all the rest are from the MSM and blah blah blah blah blah.

I truly do not know how anyone could behave like this, and yet this is what we get from "adults' every single day.

it is flabbergasting.

~Bang

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm a little surprised and taken aback by the legs this story has had the last two days.  I didn't realize the show was popular.

If b-list Kathy Griffin getting fired from CNNs New Years boring broadcast was news (and it was), a bigger star having a popular show canceled was sure to be a major story.  Plus, anything relating to Trump is magnified.  The 24 hour news networks don't spend any time covering anything else.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm a little surprised and taken aback by the legs this story has had the last two days.  I didn't realize the show was popular.

The right likes to divide the world into things that are theirs and things that are the liberals.  With respect to culture, the right only has a precious few things.  Roseanne was one of their things.  

The show is was also a direct reflection of Trumpism, and so it's rejection really stings the MAGA crowd.  They want to mainstream their most abhorrent views.  Now a huge media conglomerate (that they already hate) is telling them to **** off. 

Roseanne is a mentally ill conspiracy theorist. She was going to blow herself and her show up at some point. I honestly didn't see racist memes as the final act. I always assumed she would accuse someone very powerful of pedophilia.

It would be sort of neat to see a "Roseanne" with John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, and company dealing with her death. They already set her up as an addict. She's a 60something overweight drug addict. Killing her off would not be a challenge. And you know Goodman would act the hell out of that.

26 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anything that is even vaguely associated with the current administration and it's "ethos" (making the biggest air quotes I can right now) is going to be news. I'm astounded by how often I get a "breaking news" e-mails I get from NPR and WaPo every time someone in the Trump Administration (or someone related to the Muller Investigation) blows their noses too loud.

And yes - for as much as the far-right likes to cry foul every time someone who isn't directly related to politics speaks out about a political issue, they will stake their claim on anything that lines up with their ideological bent. Chick-fil-A, Hobby Lobby, the XFL, Rosanne friggin' Barr (who ran for President with not one but two center-left parties in 2012) . It's "keep politics out of it" until they agree with the politics.  

20 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Roseanne is a mentally ill conspiracy theorist. I honestly didn't see racist memes as the final act. I always assumed she would accuse someone very powerful of pedophilia.

Oh she already did that. She apparently was an avid spreader of the vicious, wacko Pizza-gate conspiracy stuff. 

If the GOP mob were told to scream about marshmallows tomorrow, they would.

It doesn't matter if it is considered' theirs' or not. They are a trained mob of  permanently offended idiots, travelling in any direction they are told, and bellowing anything their masters tell them to.

It's pathetic.

~Bang

16 minutes ago, Bang said:

If the GOP mob were told to scream about marshmallows tomorrow, they would.

It doesn't matter if it is considered' theirs' or not. They are a trained mob of  permanently offended idiots, travelling in any direction they are told, and bellowing anything their masters tell them to.

It's pathetic.

~Bang

Lost in the various discussions about how the right thinks and feels about everything right now, is the long time cultivation of such a mindset. People here discuss it, but in general I think too much of the 2016 campaign is thought of the creation as opposed to just another step along the way of a long term project.

The mindset of not trusting people because they don't agree with you as a primary measuring stick of news and information is dangerous and it's been in the works for a while. 

My conservative family likes to poke with me with a stick on politics because they know, generally speaking, I speak my mind and don't hold back. The last 10 years have been full of tons of spirited debates and arguments and it's caused no hard feelings. The last year and a half have consisted of me biting my tongue and them poking as hard as they can to see if they can get me to crack. I finally told some of them over the weekend that there's just no point in discussing this stuff because we have completely different views on the authority figures are for facts and information. I appeal to science and research, to peer reviewed works, to statistics, to books and history, and I draw a lot of my opinions about Trump based on what he says and not what others say because what he says tells me everything I need to know about him.

They appeal to infowars and brietbart nonsense and whatever other news sources are out there that fall in line with them. They think scientists only produce results that guarantee they will get more research funding, that the media is an arm of the liberals, I don't know that any of them even know what "peer reviewed" means, and they certainly don't understand statistics well enough to understand the difference between what a poll is saying and what ideological people are using a poll to say.

Our entire foundations are built off fundamentally different an opposed sources of information. There's no discussion to be had here. We're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I love talking with people who have different opinions that are well founded because I find that to be an excellent way to learn things.

They deem such people as enemies and their opinions as incorrect simply because there is a disagreement on a topic.

I've seen too many otherwise intelligent people fall into this. I know the people on the left say it's just the dog whistle affects, people being attracted to this because they're fundamentally racist/sexist/etc.  I don't believe that at all; sure, there are plenty of people that's true for, but there are also otherwise good/intelligent people who for some reason have become completely brainwashed on this stuff. Racism/sexism is just a lazy rationale, there's something else going on.

Archived