Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I see the same with my parents and MSNBC.

I also see it with some friends who've gone completely nuts after watching FoxNews every night.

I had one who was convinced O'Reilly was a non-partisan, no spin truth teller.  I mean, that's just not factually accurate, like him or hate him, at least recognize what you're watching....

We always had MSNBC on.

Since the 16 election, hubby watches RT all day, I come downstairs to Fox. He's running all the way upstairs to tell me what Tucker just said. 

I'm the one still grounded. He won't even turn his computer on anymore, and has had mine disabled for 7 months. Even tin foil hat people are like *woah, dude*.

So someone who knows my posts well....tell me I'm the one going nuts. 

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I see the same with my parents and MSNBC.

I also see it with some friends who've gone completely nuts after watching FoxNews every night.

I had one who was convinced O'Reilly was a non-partisan, no spin truth teller.  I mean, that's just not factually accurate, like him or hate him, at least recognize what you're watching....

I mentioned this and got crap for it, its true, though.

Lately, I've been sort of backing away from watching or listening to much of the news. It seems easier to process when you read it. 

Despite its sometimes lackluster coverage on topics like labor issues, I'm still hard pressed to find an American news outlet better than National Public Radio (or the PBS NewsHour on TV). Then again, if you want any kind of labor coverage, you basically have to turn to the center-left pubs like In These Times or The Nation

On 5/31/2018 at 6:26 PM, No Excuses said:

Chik-fil-a made a killing at my ex-university campus. 

I eat there every time I venture out to the suburbs to visit family.

Don't announce it on Twitter, especially if you are a CEO.

Square CEO Jack Dorsey gets blasted from both sides after a tweet about Chick-fil-A

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2018/06/11/square-ceo-jack-dorsey-gets-blasted-from-both-sides-after-a-tweet-about-chick-fil-a/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e989986c6b4b

12 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Don't announce it on Twitter, especially if you are a CEO.

Square CEO Jack Dorsey gets blasted from both sides after a tweet about Chick-fil-A

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2018/06/11/square-ceo-jack-dorsey-gets-blasted-from-both-sides-after-a-tweet-about-chick-fil-a/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e989986c6b4b

The lesson for any reasonable business owner in this day and age should be to never apologize to the extremists on either side of the aisle. 

People have the attention span of a bird these days. Let these completely ridiculous "controversies" blow over. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, thebluefood said:

If memory serves from the original series, one of its qualities was a strong, supporting cast around Barr. Hopefully, that will set a good foundation for a spinoff. 

The only reason ABC is doing this, to attempt to cash in on Rosanne's popularity.   The show will fail and will be canceled after one season.  It probably was cheaper for ABC to push for a spinoff.

There was a not-very-good show in the 1980s (Jason Bateman was a son in it) that was called "Valerie" that was a about some lady named Valerie Hogan and her family. Eventually it was called "Valerie's Family" then "The Hogans" and "The Hogan Family" in the end. All of this came about because they wrote "Valerie" off the show...feels similar here. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That picture above...it annoys me that there's a significant amount of US citizens like that. I know that makes me a judgmental jerk, but I'm being honest. 

I googled Pat's Archery and Outdoors and it's located in Jasper, AL.  So that pic doesn't surprise me.  But I wouldn't say that picture from a **** hole town in Alabama represents a significant amount of US citizens being like that.  

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

I just want those gas prices again.

I was thinking the same :806:

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That picture above...it annoys me that there's a significant amount of US citizens like that. I know that makes me a judgmental jerk, but I'm being honest. 

I dont think it makes you a jerk. You, like me, would like to see a higher standard of living for all the citizens of the united states. Knowing we have the resources to make that happen makes seeing that worse. 

I feel the exact same way walking through some parts of DC seeing some of my brothers and sisters not willing or able to do better. 

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I googled Pat's Archery and Outdoors and it's located in Jasper, AL.  So that pic doesn't surprise me.  But I wouldn't say that picture from a **** hole town in Alabama represents a significant amount of US citizens being like that.  

Lets take a trip down to our local wal Mart.

I swear there is something in the water down here in Southern MD.(Like fat. I think a drink of water here has about 300 calories in it.)

People who are not morbidly obese seem to be the exception anymore.

~Bang

39 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I was thinking the same :806:

Significant was a bad term by me...I guess it just bothers me that there are as many people like that as there are. HA

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Significant was a bad term by me...I guess it just bothers me that there are as many people like that as there are. HA

I hear ya bro, it bothers me too.  

That pic looks old as hell too, like 20 years old (at least to me), no way that one dude is still kicking, I imagine he got a rib bone stuck in his throat and choked to death.

Archived