Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Almost no one thought AP would be inactive but here we are.   We had a 2nd half lead. Thanks for the dissection of our failures - you sounded like Jay for a moment there! 

The stage was set - very close to as I envisioned optimal use of AP in diffusing my own belief he would be scratched.  Sorry I was off by 4 points and that the Eagles were getting the ball first I was too busy dancing :ols:

I sounded almost like Jay.

Statements of fact seem to upset people today.

Feel free to have your opinion on what should have or could have happened. But I just think it's better to base those opinions from a starting point of what actually did happen rather than some figment of imagination. and protecting a big lead in the second half was never an option. And we did not try to use CT in the feature back role.

I am really not trying to be a dick over this to you or anyone or to be defending the coaching staff - but I'm surprised how much emotional venting is taking place which ignores what did happen. Then again I have been here long enough that I shouldn't be.

Does anyone know when he was hurt? I gotta say the take i had after this predictable loss was Guice was very unimpressive.  RB is the one position you can see if a guy has a burst or not and he looked like a generic NFL back and nothing more.  I'm hoping this was because he was hurt.

And can we please stop with the idea that Chris Thompson can run between the tackles?  He goes down on first contact and never moves the pile forward. He is great in his role but I've heard too many people think he can share the load. He can't.  

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

Welcome to the NFL...

He's not gonna have boulevards in front of him to run on each play.

RB have to make something out of not much most of the time.

And sometimes that something is not very much.

In week 2 last year AP went 11 carries for 20 yards

Week 4 it was 4 carries for 6 yards (that was the Saints blow out)

Week 8 it was 9 for 17 yards

Week 12 it was 12 for 35.

The next week it was the Eagles game when he ripped off the 90 yard TD. And had 8 carries for 8 yards the rest of the way.

The next week 10 for 16 against the Giants

Can't  recall what happened in the last game of the season versus the Eagles but he had 4 carries for zero yards.

None of the above is intended to knock AP who is a quality back even at his age. Its to illustrate getting rushing yards in the NFL is week to week and it can be boom or bust.

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I am really not trying to be a dick over this to you or anyone or to be defending the coaching staff - but I'm surprised how much emotional venting is taking place which ignores what did happen. Then again I have been here long enough that I shouldn't be.

I think the reason people are upset is because the Redskins pulled a bait in switch.

In terms of fraud, Bait and switch most often occurs when a retail business promises an insanely low price for some product that people want and then in microscopically fine print say that there will be only a "few" available at that price. Then, when the customers come they get hit by the bigger price for a worse, albeit similar product. In short, what they were promised was a sucker's ploy.

Almost all of us expected to lose to the Eagles. The first half baited us into believing that the D was going to be potent and that the O was ready to fly. Then, they pulled the switch and most of us feel screwed over. Everything good in the first half completely disappeared for overpriced defective crap in the second. Psychologically, that is as real as anything that happened on the field. 

The team by doing so well set up its fans for a huge fall. And it's baffling. Baffling how a team can go from A+ to an F in the space of one fifteen minute break. Talk about fool's gold.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

And sometimes that something is not very much.

In week 2 last year AP went 11 carries for 20 yards

Week 4 it was 4 carries for 6 yards (that was the Saints blow out)

Week 8 it was 9 for 17 yards

Week 12 it was 12 for 35.

The next week it was the Eagles game when he ripped off the 90 yard TD. And had 8 carries for 8 yards the rest of the way.

The next week 10 for 16 against the Giants

Can't  recall what happened in the last game of the season versus the Eagles but he had 4 carries for zero yards.

None of the above is intended to knock AP who is a quality back even at his age. Its to illustrate getting rushing yards in the NFL is week to week and it can be boom or bust.

I understand what you are saying. But the eye test made it clear AP still had it.  He would have been better than Guice yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I understand what you are saying. But the eye test made it clear AP still had it.  He would have been better than Guice yesterday. 

Additionally, AP's decline coincided with the Redskins losing the entirety of their o-line. So, maybe Peterson wore down, but it could very well be that our eighth string tackle wasn't exactly Joe Jacoby or Jim Lachey.

17 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If I have learned anything on here, watching and playing sports and just in general is your eyes often lie to you. Your brain filters what you saw and picks out the bits that support your preconceived position/opinions.

This applies to me as much as anyone.

I think a review of the tape will show Guice got what was there yesterday. We were beaten up front in the run game both sides of the ball.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Additionally, AP's decline coincided with the Redskins losing the entirety of their o-line. So, maybe Peterson wore down, but it could very well be that our eighth string tackle wasn't exactly Joe Jacoby or Jim Lachey.

Week 2 and week 4?

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Week 2 and week 4?

Whoops. Read too quickly. Sorry.

25 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Are injuries due to bad luck, or is it a conditioning and durability issue?  Something I've been pondering.  I think it's a little bit of both. 

I think the answer can be all of the above. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know if this is reliable or not

Yeah it sounds right. My son tore his meniscus last year. A sprain is a tear - it’s just a question of degree.

it depends where the tear is and severity. There is part of the meniscus which does not get blood flow and which will not heal. That needs to be trimmed by key hole sometimes or have full surgery to be replaced.

If it’s a minor tear in an another areas no surgery is needed - it can be treated with physio and rehab.

43 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Nope disagree 

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know if this is reliable or not

When are they suppose to know how bad it is?

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Good points...I'm ok with .500 seasons..a litte tweek here n there on d coaching and the skins can win some games...when ya go 8-8..7-9..theres at least 3 games that ya lost that could have gone the other way..all of a sudden your winning the division..hopefully guice is out and ap is dressed and plays..we beat dallas and Chicago...yes in the spotlight 

God....this thought process is what this team has done to its fan base. There is absolutely NO expectation of excellence any longer. No accountability for mediocrity...in fact you crave it and excuse it as a fine outcome. Think about that. We are so damaged as fans. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

God....this thought process is what this team has done to its fan base. There is absolutely NO expectation of excellence any longer. No accountability for mediocrity...in fact you crave it and excuse it as a fine outcome. Think about that. We are so damaged as fans. 

Yep. I think the worst reason I have heard (and I've heard it a lot) for keeping Jay is that the next guy might be worse. While it's true that we might go from below average to awful... I'm never going to long for the days of 7-9. 7-9 is purgatory. It's a long of gray and blah.

If you believe Jay can be great and can reach the Superbowl one day then support him... if you are content with 7-9 with an occasional first round out in the playoffs good for you, but I'm a different kind of fan.

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I remember reading that that earlier and the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" started playing in my head

I love how long it takes for the MRI information to come out. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and find out he's done for 3 months. 

Just so we're clear. Jay said Guice was looked at by the medical staff during the game and was cleared. So how much more damage did he do after the medical staff cleared him?

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

well I feel like the problem is we say we don't expect excellence but the reaction to the lack of it says otherwise.  How can you say there's no accountability with the number fo fans who place no value on any member of this team, declare that anyone being thought of even as good is said to be overvalued and we want everyone replaced. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The team by doing so well set up its fans for a huge fall. And it's baffling. Baffling how a team can go from A+ to an F in the space of one fifteen minute break. Talk about fool's gold.

So, did the guy from Memento hijack your ES account or something?:rofl89:

because that **** has been patented for decades.

wiley-coyote-as-trump-fired-comey.jpg

Archived