Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

21 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

All i know is all of the sudden this kid has Greg Oden's knees at age 22 and I can't take these reports pertaining to him everytime he plays a game. He's played in 2 games and came out with knee issues both times..

Actually, he’s played in 3. 2 preseason games and one regular season.

Which means he has knee issues in only 66.6% of games played instead of 100%, and that’s a big difference.  Makes me feel a lot better about the situation.

(For the one poster who’s sarcasm meter is typically stuck on “broken” that was sarcasm)

18 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

So in one game we lost Guice, Johnathan Allen, and possibly Morgan Moses.

Meet the new season. Same as the old season.

What happened to Moses?  

If he is truly injury prone is it best to nurture him all year and possibly not learn of it, until next September?

Or, is it best to rip that band aid off now.

Maybe he overcompensated the bum knee injury and overworked the other, but things don't look good.  And IMHO the talk of stem cells seems a bit hasty or premature.  Maybe its common place now what do I know..... but did he even have an MRI yet, or get a second opinion? 

If its not a common therapy for NFLers Its almost as if someone doesn't trust our medical staff.

43 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

When I see Alvin Kamara doing work, that is what my hope Guice is going to become.  Quick, shifty, all purpose back. Can hurt a defense in multiple ways.  As it stands now.........eh.......

That will never be Guice. He is not shifty, he is not quick. He does not pivot on a dime. Even if he was healthy, he is not that type of back IMO.

11 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Do yourself a favor and go watch some of his LSU highlights. Not shifty? Lol 

I have watched his college tape. I still stand by my assertion. He is not Barkley. He is not Peterson. He is not Kamera. He is not Bell. He is not McCoy. Guice is more of a powerback. He doesn’t cut on a dime and juke left to right. Even IF he did it in NCAA, that doesn’t mean he cuts quick enough to avoid NFL caliber defenders. He is more in the mold of Zeke (not that good obviously) than he is in the mold of those shifty backs.

I’m not worried. You’ll come around in a few years when it finally catches up to you. Maybe we have different definitions of shifty but he is not that type of back.

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

@volsmet

you look at that video and think he is a Barry Sanders type? I look at it and see more of a Zeke type of back than a pinball type.

No, but he’s got some shiftiness. Kamara actually tested poorly in his agility drills & had the same 10 yard split as Guice, but certain guys have game day dna ... Kamara is one of those guys who becomes something different after kickoff. 

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He had 10 carries.

And all the pressure....and don't respond with that "no pressure no diamonds" bull****.

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

People keep forgetting about the '07 giants..superbowl winners on a 9-7 record.

I think you might be the happiest Skins fan. Congrats.

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

If I have learned anything on here, watching and playing sports and just in general is your eyes often lie to you. Your brain filters what you saw and picks out the bits that support your preconceived position/opinions.

This applies to me as much as anyone.

I think a review of the tape will show Guice got what was there yesterday. We were beaten up front in the run game both sides of the ball.

Week 2 and week 4?

Just for you i am watching it again now. I remain unimpressed with Guice. This is upsetting as I was super high on the pick but i don't believe the eyes lie. I wanted to love him and was kind of shocked that I saw what I did.  So no my brain did not filter to support a pre-conceived position as my position was I thought he was going to be great going into the game.   He isn't bad, certainly an improvement over the backs they have been trotting out there over the years. But I was hoping he could be special and I don't see it.  

I clearly remember AP making a jump move in the pocket in preseason and burst through a new hole. Even at his age this was a move few RBs can make.  

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

When I see Alvin Kamara doing work, that is what my hope Guice is going to become.  Quick, shifty, all purpose back. Can hurt a defense in multiple ways.  As it stands now.........eh.......

At this point I’ve already deflated my expectations for him. If he can become our latavius Murray to a yet to be identified Kamara (could love be the guy?) for 2-3 seasons then that would be a win. 

I just am not optimistic that he’s ever going to be more than that. I know that’s extremely premature (it is EXTREMEskins after all). Hope I’m wrong. He’s been an amazing skins ambassador. 

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What happened to Moses?  

My bad.

I misunderstood an article I saw in the Breaking News forum. This one:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/trent-williams-teammate-morgan-moses-says-50-50-chance-hes-back-week

I thought Moses was saying he had a "50-50" chance of playing this Sunday. He was actually talking about Trent Williams' chances of returning

Teach me to just scan an article, and rely too much on the title. 😁

I feel bad for the kid. He busted his tail to rehab and get back on the field for this season, and now he has another setback (hopefully a minor one). I certainly have nothing against him. I think a lot of people are just salty about the way the coach handled the situation, especially being so disingenuous about the reason AP was inactive.

Archived