Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

16 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If he was able to hide clear injures to the staff when our analysts know about them there truly is no hope.  Simple MRI and evaluation is all you really need to do. There really no excuse to not know if a player is injured with the technology now. 

Guice could of hurt his knee and just kept it to himself especially how pride full he is..just like last pre season when he tore his ACL he acted like it was no big deal unti a MRI confirmed it was bad.

Just now, ntotoro said:

The other young RB with a knee injury?

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Is it thought he's coming off a torn ACL as well.

He should be ready by the time AP retires, and we realize that Guice is damaged goods.

As for a recurrence, perhaps Love is not pregenetically disposed to repeated ACL injuries.

AP sure wasn't.

So there's definitely hope.

1 hour ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Byron Marshall was claimed by the Buffalo Bills

Smaje Perine was claimed by the Cincinnati Bengals

Guess you're stuck with AP, the future HOFer Gruden

It's all fun and games until the press release comes out saying that the Redskins have acquired Samje for a 3rd round pick.

Gruden- "When you see the comments from his previous coach, it becomes clear is guy can be a highly productive player in this league.  We paid a lot, but we are also getting a heck of a player".

36 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Doesn’t matter. Did we not learn from Griffin?   

So, to be clear, your considered position is that it 'doesn't matter' that the knee he injured is not the same one that was injured at the start of last season because ...RGIII?

Really?

22 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

Maybe the damage was already done, but it sure is going to foster speculation that Guice went back into the game because AP wasn't available and that made the injury worse.

Guice didn't have to go back into the game; Redskins legend Wendel Smallwood could have answered the call.

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Guice could of hurt his knee and just kept it to himself especially how pride full he is..just like last pre season when he tore his ACL he acted like it was no big deal unti a MRI confirmed it was bad.

The fact that he's hidden serious injuries in the recent past makes it even worse.  I'm not blaming this on the medical staff - maybe they told the coaches that it could be a problem.  But someone screwed up.

28 minutes ago, wrecker said:

Possibly he was favoring the good leg putting additional stress on it ?

Which would potentially create muscle issues - but a sprained MCL? Nope. That's caused by impact or an awkward landing or slip stretching the ligament.

I'm beginning to question the people that gave our medical staff the award last season.

Seriously,   Guice hurt again?  I don't care that its the other leg, we made him starter having proved nothing in Preaseason.

Then Jon Allen may be out too?

I need a shurt that says:

"I'm a skins fan, Yes, Dysfunctional We Are.  #FireBruceAllen #FireJayGruden"

The thing is Guice's injury is not all that shocking.  If you read up on ACL/MCL injuries, it is common that when a player returns, the mental aspect of the recovery process will tend to make the player favor their other knee for awhile until they build the mental trust in their knee again.  This isn't some kind of mystery. It is common knowledge. 

With that kind of medical information, it is pretty inexcusable that AP was inactive.  I don't care if Guice wouldn't have got this injury, the smart money was to have AP on the field to split the carries. 

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So, to be clear, your considered position is that it 'doesn't matter' that the knee he injured is not the same one that was injured at the start of last season because ...RGIII?

Really?

You have a RB that just came back from a torn ACL that has barely tested his leg and then you throw him out against one of the physical defenses of our division that may or may not have been having knee issues before the game.  I feel like this shouldn’t be that difficult to explain

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

That article is from 2018, when he was misdiagnosed as an MCL sprain but it ended up being an ACL tear.

Sorry! Yes - I jumped on this. Misread the date stamp just saw the headline. Only confirmation is its not the ACL or left knee he injured last year.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Sorry! Yes - I jumped on this. Misread the date stamp just saw the headline. Only confirmation is its not the ACL or left knee he injured last year.

Perhaps you got Guice confused with Jon Allen, who does have an MCL sprain. That being said, I really hope it's not a torn ligament for Guice. That would be some Redskins-level bad luck.

Archived