Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You have a RB that just came back from a torn ACL that has barely tested his leg and then you throw him out against one of the physical defenses of our division that may or may not have been having knee issues before the game.  I feel like this shouldn’t be that difficult to explain

I'm sorry you are going to have to humor me and explain further how a surgically repaired ACL in his left knee results in a higher risk of a ligament injury in his right knee. You know it's not the same knee that's been hurt?

If there is a report there was an issue with his right knee before the game that would be different. But I have not seen any such report?

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Perhaps you got Guice confused with Jon Allen, who does have an MCL sprain. That being said, I really hope it's not a torn ligament for Guice. That would be some Redskins-level bad luck.

No I was looking for an update on Guice - googled Guice and injury and up popped the MCL report. I did not click the link ... fatal mistake.

27 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He should be ready by the time AP retires, and we realize that Guice is damaged goods.

As for a recurrence, perhaps Love is not pregenetically disposed to repeated ACL injuries.

AP sure wasn't.

So there's definitely hope.

So Guice has had one major injury and so has Love. Yet you believe Love will be good, but Guice won't? 🙄

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently Gruden just said there’s still a chance guice could still play vs Dallas.....uh....what??  

Also that there’s also a chance both Peterson AND guice could be active 

Well if that's true sounds like media and skins fans are blowing this out of proportion.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently Gruden just said there’s still a chance guice could still play vs Dallas.....uh....what??  

Also that there’s also a chance both Peterson AND guice could be active 

Did Lomdardi, Jr. also mention, by chance, that CT would be inactive so that Smallwood could keep doin' his thing and lightin' up the league on ST?

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm sorry you are going to have to humor me and explain further how a surgically repaired ACL in his left knee results in a higher risk of a ligament injury in his right knee. You know it's not the same knee that's been hurt?

If there is a report there was an issue with his right knee before the game that would be different. But I have not seen any such report?

No I was looking for an update on Guice - googled Guice and injury and up popped the MCL report. I did not click the link ... fatal mistake.

-Guice was coming off a year long ACL injury.  He hadn’t played a true NFL game.  Then you throw a player in the fire who is still adjusting to the NFL speed while returning from a injury.  He wasn’t cleared until the end of August.   Never mind you have analysts saying that team sources inside were stating Guice was having knee issues before the game.  So team sources know but our staff don’t? Then we are truly incompetent.

Guice had 10 carries, that's a light work load.  I heard the whole team sources thing, it was Russell saying he heard from someone before the game that Guice wasn't 100% but he wasn't sure if that meant like 98% or whatever, he didn't hear the severity of it and it wasn't hammed up that much to him so he didn't know what to make of it. 

7 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

-Guice was coming off a year long ACL injury.  

To his left knee. This injury is to his right knee. 

7 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Never mind you have analysts saying that team sources inside were stating Guice was having knee issues before the game. 

This is I have not seen. Are there any links?

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So all the reports saying he could miss awhile are pretty much false it sounds like. Call me surprised the media getting something wrong. Hardly sounds like anything serious. I would sit him this week and let AP take the load. 

Sprained knee, and he could come back this week, doesn't sound that serious.  If that's true its much ado about nothing. 

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

To his left knee. This injury is to his right knee. 

He hyper-extended his right knee at LSU.

Injury history in general has shown that compensating for an injury is conducive to leading to other injuries. 

I too, hope for the best but, Redskins....

22 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Im no doctor but as someone who has had soft tissue injury's in the past i can tell you first hand there is a whole mental aspect to where you favor one side after injury and unconsciously start putting more weight or ever so slightly altering your run/walk style to favor the non injured side which in turn puts more stress on the healthy body part.

I'm sorry but everything about AP's benching yesterday was idiotic. There was NO REASON to have Guice shoulder this load alone not only because of his health but it would have given us a much better chance to win the game yesterday. 

Just a clown team making clown moves, It never ends its so exhausting 

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Im no doctor but as someone who has had soft tissue injury's in the past i can tell you first hand there is a whole mental aspect to where you favor one side after injury and unconsciously start putting more weight or ever so slightly altering your run/walk style to favor the non injured side which in turn puts more stress on the healthy body part.

I'm sorry but everything about AP's benching yesterday was idiotic. There was NO REASON to have Guice shoulder this load alone not only because of his health but it would have given us a much better chance to win the game yesterday. 

Just a clown team making clown moves, It never ends its so exhausting 

I agree about the benching.

And as far as the injury.  Favoring one side is absolutely true.  I recently injured my back at work, and even at times where I didn’t think I was favoring one side.  The healthy side would start to ache.  I’ve been dealing with this back injury for over a month.

2 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

He hyper-extended his right knee at LSU.

Injury history in general has shown that compensating for an injury is conducive to leading to other injuries. 

I too, hope for the best but, Redskins....

And again this is a testament to just how incompetent our medical staff and trainers are/have been. This is year after year after year. When is Snyder going to make some changes. THIS IS CRAZY!!!!

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

Muscular injuries sure. But a ligament injury - nope. Only way you cause a ligament injury is hyperextension caused by an impact slip or awkward landing. 

6 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I'm not an MD either but I;ve played sports all my life and have sons who do as well. So I have been around this stuff. 

You are right its no uncommon for unrelated muscle injuries to occur because of biomechanical changes - the favoring you talk about. But if this is a ligament injury in his other knee I don't see how it can be related to his previous injury. It's much much more likely to fall into the '**** happens' category.

I take PFF with a grain of salt but it's interesting nonetheless.

Craig Hoffman has been contending on twitter that Guice did well considering how poor the run blocking was, Jay complementing Guice, too.

I didn't take it that seriously albeit I am a big Guice fan.  But looking at his PFF score, wow, a 72.  They try to make judgments in part based on context.   That was one of the highest graded players yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I agree about the benching.

And as far as the injury.  Favoring one side is absolutely true.  I recently injured my back at work, and even at times where I didn’t think I was favoring one side.  The healthy side would start to ache.  I’ve been dealing with this back injury for over a month.

That's muscular reaction. Its not spinal or - in the case of Guice - a ligament.

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Muscular injuries sure. But a ligament injury - nope. Only way you cause a ligament injury is hyperextension caused by an impact slip or awkward landing. 

I’m  only parroting what both players (specifically BMitch and Doc) and Drs have stated.  

Im sure there is more than anecdotal evidence available but, I’m tired 

Archived