Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

People don't like to hear the word "bust" when it is due to injury.  Or the fact that he is still so young.  But sometimes you need to face reality.  I remember calling Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly busts and people would get super upset.  Well guess what....it's happening again.  We've all seen this story before.

Calling a player a bust is one thing. Calling a player a bust after just ONE PRO GAME? If you can predict how his career is going to turn out after just one game, then i hope you’ll share the lottery numbers with me :P 

Just now, NickyJ said:

When Jay calls AP into the meeting room, AP needs to wear every golden chain he's got, aviator shades, and carry a classic boombox over his shoulder with "How You Like Me Now" blasting at full volume. Set the boombox on the table, let the song play it's full length, then ask Jay how his day is going. Bonus points of he rolls in on his segway.

Yeah, part of me kinda hopes AP just tells Jay to **** off and figure it out himself.  But I don't think that'll happen.  Off-field issues aside, I believe AP is a solid, team first kinda guy and will ride in to save the day, knowing he's been disrespected but looking past it and getting back onto the field.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Seriously, if 10 carries is not easing him in then what is, 5 carries?

Also more BS about the training staff, it's too funny.  

tedium060617.gif?h=150&fit=crop&w=150&cr

I think the bigger issue is people saying he was hurt before going into yesterdays game. Which means he shouldn't have played at all. Especially when you have a good backup. 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

It's the NFL, guys play hurt every week.  

Not when you have a good backup and are coming back from a knee injury already. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like this is one of the times we need the media to come through and give Gruden the blues for a few weeks. 

I feel like AP is caught up in the midst of some in-fighting in Ashburn.  There is something more at play than just needing an extra special teamer, particularly if Guice wasn't 100%.  No idea what it is, but I'm sure it was avoidable because....Redskins.

Guice clearly wasn’t ready.  We don’t take care of our players.  We never have.  Doesn’t matter the staff, FO, etc.  We don’t address injures properly.   We haven’t had a person stand up and say no he can’t go since Gibbs.  The organization is toxic and puts winning at all costs before a player’s health.  I think Trent is being a tool but he’s right how we don’t care about players.

Chris Russell was on the radio saying that "sources" told him Guice had in issue with his knee GOING INTO THE GAME.  I am not sure if I believe this, but if it is found that there is any truth to this, I am not sure how Gruden isn't fired on the spot.

We went through the same thing with Robert (I know some of the circumstances were different) a great talent, devastating injury, starts Week 1 the following season.  In both situations there was a capable player on the roster that could start in their place as they were brought along properly.   

It is no secret that returning from reconstructive injury is very much mental in addition to physical.  It would be no surprise to see that Guice was favoring the other knee too much which probably led to the injury.  There is only 1 team in the NFL that has the luxury of AP....yes, A F'N P on the roster for exactly this reason.  But hey Gruden was smitten with Smallwood's special team ability. 

On what Guice did to prove that he deserves to be the starter:

"Well, he was our second-round pick. Had he not got hurt, we wouldn't know Adrian [Peterson]. Fortunately, we got to know Adrian and he's a great player for us. The issue is you’ve got one ball and if you're going to hand the ball off 25 times a game, only so many carries can go around. You still have Chris Thompson up and Adrian. So, the big thing is we get somebody ready for the mother load and everybody else is ready for whatever else they can get. That can change next week, it can change the week after, but initially we have to have a plan and go with it." 

Wise words Jay :nono:

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Calling a player a bust is one thing. Calling a player a bust after just ONE PRO GAME? If you can predict how his career is going to turn out after just one game, then i hope you’ll share the lottery numbers with me :P 

I am mostly predicting that he will never fully be the player he was in college.  His career health wise is off to a horrible start and I don't think he will rebound.  The Redskins don't have a good track record when it comes to keeping their players healthy and developing talent.

12 29 30 58 63 Powerball 19

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Guice clearly wasn’t ready.  We don’t take care of our players.  We never have.  Doesn’t matter the staff, FO, etc.  We don’t address injures properly.   We haven’t had a person stand up and say no he can’t go since Gibbs.  The organization is toxic and puts winning at all costs before a player’s health.  I think Trent is being a tool but he’s right how we don’t care about players.

How exactly is an injury to his right knee evidence that the injury to his left knee had not fully healed?

Guice wasnt on the injury report all week, and wasnt limited in practice.  Under those conditions, a guy plays.  I dont have a problem with that.  And the extent to which he was hurt is highly unknown. Folks are taking these reports to seem like Gruden ran him out there on one leg.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Chris Russell was on the radio saying that "sources" told him Guice had in issue with his knee GOING INTO THE GAME.  I am not sure if I believe this, but if it is found that there is any truth to this, I am not sure how Gruden isn't fired on the spot.

Heads must roll if true. Every head that is rollable.  If not rollable find more heads. 

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

"Issue" is so incredibly vague as to give zero context to the severity or what was actually going on.  It's basically useless.  

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

How exactly is an injury to his right knee evidence that the injury to his left knee had not fully healed?

Doesn’t matter. Did we not learn from Griffin?  We have a good RB that carried us last year.  Ease Guise back in.  What’s the rush?  Especially when Christ Russell is saying team sources noted Guise injured before the game.  

Archived