Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

There is enough out now to post here that Guice is believed, by several close to him, to suffer from bipolar. I spoke with a few sexy ESers about it privately, but it seems more than fair to mention here now.

Mental health is no joke.

Lots of these guys do have some mental health issues. And few coping mechanisms. 

16 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

We won't miss Guice. If Bryce Love is healthy enough for action he and Gibson are going to be awesome. 

I disagree that Guice won't be missed. He couldn't be counted on but his on-field talent was undeniable. Losing him from this roster is a blow.

The hope is that the Organization can back-fill the talent gap at the RB position. Either by guys like Love and/or Gibson stepping up or a trade for a player (like someone mentioned trading for Devonte Freeman) or signing a player in FA

Actually, I think I just agreed with you about the hope for Love and Gibson. My point though was that the loss of Guice's talent will still be felt, depth wise.

49 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Bryce Love pick doesn't seem like quite the stretch now.  

More years ago than I care to remember, I got into a discussion with someone here about draft strategy. I was arguing BPA and he was saying we should draft for need. This is exhibit A in favor of BPA.

It really sucks that we never got to start up a bunch of “The ‘Guice’ is loose” chants and whatnot. Thanks for nothing dude.🙄🙄

Hopefully he gets the justice he deserves, guilty or innocent.

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I liked Guice but I guess you don't know someone until you know them. I'm depressed and need a beer, good thing it's Friday. 

Young and dumb. Partying, promiscuity and emotions. A **** stew young folk have to navigate

Gotta be honest, when I heard he got in a verbal confrontation with Eagles in a predraft interview I thought mentally he just couldn't cut it. 

Uber talented, but more talented players have failed because they can't control themselves off the field. 

Love how fast he was cut. He was already in the dog house as TK said earlier. 

Sad about his mental health, sad about his actions, sad about his story and i hope he finds what he needs to, to bring peace to his life.

Im glad we're finally moving on.

Just now, max21 said:

Our backfield was too crowded anyways. Love - Gibson - Peterson I can live with. We also have Barber and Mckissic

Well....Peterson said he wants to catch Emmitt.  If no one steps up he might have a chance to get close.

13 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Young and dumb. Partying, promiscuity and emotions. A **** stew young folk have to navigate

none of that has anything to do with strangulation of a woman. Guice  obviously has issues beyond your average young player.

so this was an investigation.  Not a “this happened today” thing. 

I will say thins: I REALLY hope the team has done its diligence and these charges aren’t wrong.  

A very tragic story, one of my teachers, maybe my favorite teacher who taught me from 4th - 8th grade was arrested after an investigation on inappropriate behavior towards some of his students. This was the 1980’s-1990’s.

He was cleared of some of the charges, and it looked like the charges were potentially bogus, but it was too much for him and he took his life.  Unfortunately, this ended the investigation.  So we’ll never find out the truth. 

But his arrest was the result of a year long investigation and it is possible the charges weren’t accurate.

So I hope to God the Skins got this one right. I hope we don’t find out he was set up, and the Skins acted rashly.

if they know something, or if Guice copped to some of it when they talked , then I truly applaud them for moving so quickly.  

Archived