Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

On 6/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, PartyPosse said:

I once got banned for over a year.

I got banned once for only saying something like "you're kidding, right?".

Unfortunately, I posted that in one of the welcome home threads right after a horrible loss during the Zorn era.  I wasn't aware yet that those were sacred threads you don't sarc in.  Lots of others were sarc'ing away after that loss in the same thread and I must have been swept up in a mass banning by Jumbo for it.

I still think they are crazy to be out there at 3am for some of those welcomes but I'll never say that in those threads again, lol.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:36 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

The knees look good

They do l, but we saw similar things going into last season and he still tore his knees up.  I want to see a complete season out of him before I'm completely sold.

One thing going in Guice's favor this year, is that he will have less of an imbalance between his two legs, which is what makes people more likely to have an injury while recovering from these types of things. It's also nice for him to have a full off-season for once, rather than having to spend it all on rehabbing from injuries. The same holds true for Geron Christian. Hopefully, he's making use of this time gaining strength and resiliency.

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

MJ Drew ranked his top five NFC East running backs, AP was fifth, and Guice was fourth.  None of us in the top three though.  But fourth for Guice is good considering how little he’s played.

I'd be pissed off if I was AP. :ols:  That's dumb.

9 hours ago, Vanguard said:

MJ Drew ranked his top five NFC East running backs, AP was fifth, and Guice was fourth.  None of us in the top three though.  But fourth for Guice is good considering how little he’s played.

Tough to expect any higher for our guys. Barkley and Zeke are both top-3 RBs in the league, Sanders is the real deal and has played and flashed a ton more than Guice, and AP is ancient and doesn't catch passes. So probably a fair ranking.

12 hours ago, Vanguard said:

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd be pissed off if I was AP. :ols:  That's dumb.

Are you sure it was MJ Drew that ranked Guice above AP, and not Jay Gruden.

I mean, I know it's hard to confuse Gruden with MJD because of obvious differences, but that sounds totally Grudenish

25 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Are you sure it was MJ Drew that ranked Guice above AP, and not Jay Gruden.

I mean, I know it's hard to confuse Gruden with MJD because of obvious differences, but that sounds totally Grudenish

Yep, it was him.  Short bald guy, stocky.  Similar to Gruden, but like you said obvious differences.

55 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Similar how?? 

I just looked up Gruden’s height and he’s 6’2.  Never appeared to be that tall on the practice field.  MJD on the other hand 5’7.  But they’re both 200 pounds, so they got that in common.  Google is undefeated.

I'm hoping he ends up like Dalvin Cook. Talented player, injured his first two years, has a huge breakout third year. I'm not expecting it because I don't think our offense as a whole will be good enough for him to have a big breakout season, but I'd just like to see him play a full 16 games.

Remember after this year he's only gonna have one more year left under contract. It could be a put up or shut up time.

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm hoping he ends up like Dalvin Cook. Talented player, injured his first two years, has a huge breakout third year. I'm not expecting it because I don't think our offense as a whole will be good enough for him to have a big breakout season, but I'd just like to see him play a full 16 games.

Remember after this year he's only gonna have one more year left under contract. It could be a put up or shut up time.

He's good enough to have a breakout season and make our offense better if he is able to be on the field. He was averaging something crazy like 7+ yards when not in shotgun. He only ran 8 or so times from shotgun and it was like yard per I think but also crazy low sample size. With how much more space you get running out of shotgun I would expect that to be more normal after more carries and more of a fluke. 

If Guice stays healthy and Haskins just plays like he did at the end of the season we make the playoffs I think.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, MisterPinstripe said:

He's good enough to have a breakout season and make our offense better if he is able to be on the field. He was averaging something crazy like 7+ yards when not in shotgun. He only ran 8 or so times from shotgun and it was like yard per I think but also crazy low sample size. With how much more space you get running out of shotgun I would expect that to be more normal after more carries and more of a fluke. 

If Guice stays healthy and Haskins just plays like he did at the end of the season we make the playoffs I think.

Thats my guess too, but also because of defense and Turners offense and play calling is new and unpredictable. 

I took a peak at the schedule. Initially I went to review the first four games. Unfortunately I have seen the entire 17 week gauntlet.

Eagles

@Cardinals

@Browns

Ravens

To your point; an offense the league hasn't seen schematically with this personnel on the field.  3-1 to open the season. The loss coming to the Ravens at home.

The atmosphere will be interesting for that home game. 

On 7/2/2020 at 8:03 PM, SkinsFootball said:

To your point; an offense the league hasn't seen schematically with this personnel on the field.  3-1 to open the season. The loss coming to the Ravens at home.

The atmosphere will be interesting for that home game. 

I would love for this to happen.  I think I’ll take 2-2 also.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a crazy idea to think that maybe Guice could play some TE ?

I mean, he seemingly can do everything a TE needs to do, just about.

He can dish out punishment when he runs - so maybe he can block, he can run good routes, he can catch, he can run well after the catch.

If AP is still looking sharp as a starter at RB, and we've yet to find a legit TE, could he make the switch ? I want to emphasize - temporarily ; A permanent switch would be a waste of his RB talent. But then, we could have a crowded backfield too, which could factor into the switch.

Probably the most obvious criticism is his weight. And if it's just temporary, it's probably not worth it to add the weight, only to later subtract it.

I'm curious, how much lighter in weight than an H-Back, he really is.

Yes, it's a stretch to think that. But with the lack of real football news, combined with our lack of talent at TE, I couldn't help but to start "stretching" things.

Archived