Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Guess AP will be here this year 

If AP wasn’t going to be here, he would’ve gone in the spring.

There’s no doubt who’s in charge now. If this was the old regime, they would’ve just inactivated Guice and see what happened. Hell, Bruce probably would’ve given Guice a contract extension and then have this happen.

Once Ron found out more details, Guice had to go. Given domestic violence issues with other players; great to see Ron handle this, this way.

Guice is most likely heading to prison; there won’t be an nfl career for him.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

none of that has anything to do with strangulation of a woman. Guice  obviously has issues beyond your average young player.

of course it does. Drugs and alcohol, somebody cheatin and "being in love" is the recipe for domestic violence

Edited by Gibbit
38 minutes ago, volsmet said:

There is enough out now to post here that Guice is believed, by several close to him, to suffer from bipolar. I spoke with a few sexy ESers about it privately, but it seems more than fair to mention here now.

Did anybody talk to him about it and try to get him to go see a doctor? Meds can help with bipolar disorder, his situation could have been treatable. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Oh snap, Guice hired the same lawyer I had for my fed case. 

Greenspan is a known lawyer in the area.  Bit of an attention getter, but Guice picked a veteran defence attorney.

Another wasted Allen pick.  When you have no moral value, it must be difficult to determine moral values in others.

Edited by Fred Jones
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

none of that has anything to do with strangulation of a woman. Guice  obviously has issues beyond your average young player.

You’re 100% right if it’s true.  

And we (fans) don’t know if it is true yet. The team might.  

11 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

of course it does. Drugs and alcohol, somebody cheatin and "being in love" is the recipe for domestic violence

That would mean anyone and everyone has the potential to commit domestic abuse, which just is not the case sorry.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Did anybody talk to him about it and try to get him to go see a doctor? Meds can help with bipolar disorder, his situation could have been treatable. 

Bipolar Disorder doesn't by itself typically lead to violence.  It's one thing to have a hard time keeping your emotions get the better of you, like @ConnSKINS26 said on stangulation, bigger problem here.

Completely unacceptable no matter what he is or isn't diagnoised with, he should not get a pass if that's true.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Greenspan is a known lawyer in the area.  Bit of an attention getter, but Guice picked a veteran defence attorney.

Yup, he’s good and super expensive. He also represented the dc sniper. 

Weirdly enough, my fed judge was the same judge that Paul manafort had.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Another wasted Allen pick.  When you have no moral value, it must be difficult to determine moral values in others.

Get off your high horse. I don't remember seeing a single fan that wasn't elated when we traded down and still grabbed him. We were ALL thrilled with this. 

• Like 3

Its easy to hope for things we never had but its hard to miss something that was never there. Guice had all the potential in the world, but given his lack of availability, he is easily replaced. Had about as much impact on our team last year as Trent.

Sucks. Now we gotta draft or acquire a power oriented back next year. I don’t see Barber being a long term answer and we wont re-up Peterson. This whole thing leaves me with a cold feeling. (Zombie Pun)

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Get off your high horse. I don't remember seeing a single fan that wasn't elated when we traded down and still grabbed him. We were ALL thrilled with this. 

Absolutely agreed.  I remember thinking we would take Conner Williams out of Texas but was elated also when we got Guice.  

Fortunately, RB's are a dime a dozen and if we are lucky then Love might turn into McCaffrey 2.0......maybe Antonio Gibson might be a stud as well.  We still have a ton of potential at RB.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That would mean anyone and everyone has the potential to commit domestic abuse, which just is not the case sorry.

everybody does have the ability to commit domestic abuse? But put in that emotional situation there are folks that can rationalize and there are folks that emotion consumes them

23 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Stuff like this and the Giants player committing armed robbery really make me think about CTE. I don’t want it to be a convenient excuse. But sometimes I wonder if some of these guys have a lot of damage.

From taking hits, lifestyle choices, and their genetics...

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Bipolar Disorder doesn't by itself typically lead to violence.  It's one thing to have a hard time keeping your emotions get the better of you, like @ConnSKINS26 said on stangulation, bigger problem here.

Completely unacceptable no matter what he is or isn't diagnoised with, he should not get a pass if that's true.

There's no doubt that many people that suffer from bipolar disorder don't resort to violence. I do think that it is possible that a violent person with an unchecked disorder like that is at more of a risk of committing the crime. Strangulation is a "crime of passion", that's a very emotional crime, bipolar is an emotional disorder. Im just saying if he was untreated that's kind of ****ty. 

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

High horse, you mean the one that gets to be critical of the front office that acquired players that led to continuous losing and created a toxic team culture.  They researched the player, they got it wrong, just like they got many other picks and FA's wrong?  I was excited for the pick as well, but assumed the team did their dilligence prior to selecting him.

I do not give the prior front office a pass, and we still have the same owner.  Be nice if our new coach can overcome that.  Have to wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait this **** happened in February March and april and we're just hearing about it?..wtf?

They signed Peyton Barber on March 26th.  The week following the second complaint. He wasn't arrested, however they knew about it.  They gave Barber more than a prove it deal to get him signed.  2 years and some bonus money.  He wasn't getting that anywhere else. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

High horse, you mean the one that gets to be critical of the front office that acquired players that led to continuous losing and created a toxic team culture.  They researched the player, they got it wrong, just like they got many other picks and FA's wrong?  I was excited for the pick as well, but assumed the team did their dilligence prior to selecting him.

I do not give the prior front office a pass, and we still have the same owner.  Be nice if our new coach can overcome that.  Have to wait and see.

You can criticize the FO for a variety of things including poor picks, but Guice was not one of them. At a certain point you can only do so much due diligence and eventually players have to take a little more responsibility for who they are. There have been many players with sketchy pasts that turned themselves around. At a certain point you can't continue blaming the FO for falling for the belief that a player legitimately wants to turn their life around. 

• Like 1
  • TK locked this topic