Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU


Recommended Posts

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is there another Reuben Foster floating around on the team im unaware of? Let's not forget this guy was released by the 49ers and had Bruce Allen vouch for him. 

You’re acting like there’s a reason he should’ve been released by the team by now....there’s zero reason he should be released. The charges in his case were dropped, and again, he’s done nothing to put himself in the headlines in any negative way. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re acting like there’s a reason he should’ve been released by the team by now....there’s zero reason he should be released. The charges in his case were dropped, and again, he’s done nothing to put himself in the headlines in any negative way. 

1. He hasn't played a single game for us. Good enough reason for a release here soon right there. He hasn't been able to stay healthy in the NFL.

 

2. If Reubens domestic violence case would have happened this summer he would have been gone before it could have even have been dropped. We literally picked him up right in the middle of the investigation back when we weren't culture changers.

 

I'm just saying it's risky keeping him around. If the team really wants to "change the culture" they wouldn't have this guy on the team.  

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No. The team isn’t. The PLAYER is. The actions of one guy doesn’t mean the rest of the team (coaches, players) are a **** show. 

Owner, players, mgmt, coaches, it’s all crap.  I’m speaking of 20+ years of dysfunction by just about everything associated with this team.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

1. He hasn't played a single game for us. Good enough reason for a release here soon right there. He hasn't been able to stay healthy in the NFL.

 

2. If Reubens domestic violence case would have happened this summer he would have been gone before it could have even have been dropped. We literally picked him up right in the middle of the investigation. 

 

I'm just saying it's risky keeping him around. If the team really wants to "change the culture" they wouldn't have this guy on the team.  

1) he was on IR all season. Not a good reason to just flat out release a guy. And from what it sounds like, he should be good to play this season. But sure, cut him........

 

2) ok, but it didn’t happen this summer, his investigation happened, he was on the commissioners exempt list from November until last April, and got taken off of it. 
 

it’s not “risky” keeping him around, because, again, he’s managed to stay completely out of trouble ever since he got here. He hasn’t done anything since he’s been with this team to affect the culture negatively. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

They signed Peyton Barber on March 26th.  The week following the second complaint. He wasn't arrested, however they knew about it.  They gave Barber more than a prove it deal to get him signed.  2 years and some bonus money.  He wasn't getting that anywhere else. 

Oh ok thanks man!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guice will have to reap what he has sown. I liked him - seemed like a good talent and a great dude.  It’s unfortunate as this could mean the end of his career.  
While no one who lives is without fault or lives without making mistakes these are serious charges and he has to pay the price if found guilty.  I hope the victim(s) finds peace and some measure of justice.  

 

The team did what it had to do in my opinion.  
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

1) he was on IR all season. Not a good reason to just flat out release a guy. And from what it sounds like, he should be good to play this season. But sure, cut him........

 

2) ok, but it didn’t happen this summer, his investigation happened, he was on the commissioners exempt list from November until last April, and got taken off of it. 
 

it’s not “risky” keeping him around, because, again, he’s managed to stay completely out of trouble ever since he got here. He hasn’t done anything since he’s been with this team to affect the culture negatively. 

Reuben Foster's domestic was arrested from a jealous toxic relationship not a domestic battery.  He got arrested because his ex said he put his hands on her but there was zero evidence of any assault.  Guy got screwed from gender biased local law enforcement policy and not actual evidence.  They had an argument and the girl lied.  She did it more than once!  I'm saying just because a girl says you did something doesn't mean it did and it's completely unfair that guys can lose their jobs without evidence.  Just another issue American society has missed on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

They signed Peyton Barber on March 26th.  The week following the second complaint. He wasn't arrested, however they knew about it.  They gave Barber more than a prove it deal to get him signed.  2 years and some bonus money.  He wasn't getting that anywhere else. 

Yeah. That signing really makes sense now. At the time I was scratching my head. The Skins knew in March that Guice was not making this team it appears. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

No, that was my fault for mentioning his name. I didn't expect to get into a big discussion about it lol. 

Things have been so quiet on him I forgot he was a skin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a shame but the running back depth we signed in the offseason now makes sense.

 

I'm kind of shocked by Guice's actions but I'm glad Ron handled it quickly.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Csup said:

Owner, players, mgmt, coaches, it’s all crap.  I’m speaking of 20+ years of dysfunction by just about everything associated with this team.

 

 

This time last year we'd have already reached out to his agent if he was on another team. Now, he's out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Reuben Foster's domestic was arrested from a jealous toxic relationship not a domestic battery.  He got arrested because his ex said he put his hands on her but there was zero evidence of any assault.  Guy got screwed from gender biased local law enforcement policy and not actual evidence.  They had an argument and the girl lied.  She did it more than once!  I'm saying just because a girl says you did something doesn't mean it did and it's completely unfair that guys can lose their jobs without evidence.  Just another issue American society has missed on. 

I didn't know all that, it's hard for me not to feel sympathetic towards innocent men that get taken to the cleaners through the legal system. I've witnessed it with a friend while he was going through a divorce/custody battle. Some of the ugliest stuff you will ever see. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

if we are recycling this thread for everything maybe a mod can rename it to include the obvious. Time to burn the 29.

 

Lesson in here is only trust 1 guy sucking a lolly 24/7

 

telly-savalas-kojak-color-5c01fb5e46e0fb

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a punch in the gut to hear this.  He could be a great back.  Those runs in the Panthers game were nasty.  But if true, cutting him had to be done.  

 

I can't wait for good news.  Has to happen sometime soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels a bit quick for me. Don't you want to wait and see how this evolves in court? 

 

But reading around here it seems like they knew. So for us it's new, for them not. So they probally did there research. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

It feels a bit quick for me. Don't you want to wait and see how this evolves in court? 

 

But reading around here it seems like they knew. So for us it's new, for them not. So they probally did there research. 

 

2nd rd Running back, made of glass, on a rookie contract. He didn't have much leverage to begin with, then you add this.

 

No brainer roster cut.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a sad situation. I am wondering if the S---s seized on a opportunity to rid them selves of a troubled and oft injured player.

Yes I was on the band wagon when the S---s drafted Guice. When Guice damaged his knee in the Preseason against the Patriots I knew the injury was the beginning of the end for Guice.

The Washington franchise  had to stand by Guice for contract obligations. Now with a culture change , and obvious legal  and character issues, S---s  saw  a opportunity to rid themselves 

of a basically a non productive player.

I hope Guice will be able to find peace in his life and turn out to be a person of good standing in society.

Hail to the Washington Franchise. Man "Hail" just does not have the same ring like it use too......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

It feels a bit quick for me. Don't you want to wait and see how this evolves in court? 

 

But reading around here it seems like they knew. So for us it's new, for them not. So they probally did there research. 

 

They must have been privy to some damning evidence.

I say that because initially they issued a statement saying he was going to be suspended from the team indefinitely.

Then later they changed it, and announced his release.

Almost as if something blatant was revealed in between those announcements.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...