Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

5 minutes ago, Supreme Wu said:

How much of this is on the talent and how much is on the play design & calling? Jay's proven he can sketch up a great passing game but his offenses haven't been known for running, more the opposite. I have a hard time blaming talent before scheme for the running issues.

You may have something there but the right side got a lot better when they drafted Sheriff and I want his twin brother at left guard and his cousin playing center and the Skins able to punish defenses instead of the choices Allen made.  I hope things work out but I am disappointed.

1 hour ago, mudpig said:

Rather would have taken the risky 6th round pick on St. Brown.  LB was due, since we could have the 12 greatest of all times on our roster all at their prime and we still would take one or two because reasons.  Guy has knee injuries and in this climate won't last along with our crap training staff.  2 good picks, (1st and 2nd)   Settle is actually not bad so I can't hate.  The tackle will make no sense, but it will take a few years for some to see that sadly.  The LB is from Bama I guess?  

C grade n this draft.  If we still have both 7th's prepare for another LB and finally a guard who won't make the team.  But TEH special teams...   yeah okay.  FO is slightly above mental retardation.  Doug Williams is awesome, won't talk bad about him..  Allen was a sperm cell from his superior daddy.  And Snyder is going to Snyder and make that sour face he makes.  

Cue all the   but teh Potentialzzzz  and grooming for 2-3 years stuff.  Yeah yeah.  DC sports man, the minds are fried.  

EDIT:  

Receiver wise:   Richardson is average.  Doctson is average, possibly below, Crowder is decent.  I mean not taking a chance on one guy?  Seriously?  freaking wow!  Reed got hurt.  (he will so may as well just claim he is now)  He scraped his knee on carpet and had rug burn, and somehow suffered his 104th concussion.  Will miss 6-8 weeks when the season starts.  

To the sad and confused reactions,   all your positivity and blah blah about this team when they go 6-8 wins AGAIN!   Keep handing them money.  I'm making a confused and sad face at you for wasting your cash.  

You know you're hanging out on a Redskins message board, right?

Hold on, it's important for me to know that YOU know that you're on a Redskins message board. Do you?

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

That's not how the draft works. Ultimately who knows what any of these players will end up going but you're not going to see any plug and play picks on the 3rd day. Teams stick to their boards and draft the best player they can find. 

I was talking about the first and second round picks, not today's picks.  I wanted them to pick a couple of beasts at LG and C

7 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

So the reason they can't get short yardage on the ground is the current running backs can't find the gapping hope the interior of the line created and they need the kid from LSU because his eyesight is better?  I don't know about Chase Rouiller, maybe he can handle the job but I think center and LG have been weak spots and I wanted it addressed.  

I think center will be fine. Remember how young Chase is.Give him a chance.

As far as short yardage goes, well apparently, the Redskins  felt it  was a RB problem, or else they would've addressed the "o-line problem" in the draft. Instead, they got Guice.  :)  

I  wouldn't worry about it though, The Redskins still, have undrafted free agency. That's how they got  Joe Jacoby.  :) 

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Matt Elliot was a the skins last Mr Irrelevant and he started for a few years at Center. Hope Mr. Quinn can do the same

If Quinn starts for a few years at Center that will be quite a story.

what did the Skins get for trading down for the last pick?

7 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I was talking about the first and second round picks, not today's picks.  I wanted them to pick a couple of beasts at LG and C

LG was a need but they are happy with Roullier

Overall quite pleased with the potential of the draft. Love the way we addressed the D Line. We got a potential  superstar running back. Most of the players seem to have good potential.

And, of course, we have some head scratchers and didn't plug every hole, but at first glance. Well done 'skins FO.

Archived