Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

20 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This team is so useless. A top tier wr could be had for nothing and we're left looking like dolts.

this is the Redskins.  We trade for him he'd have failed a drug test before he got to Redskins park.

11 minutes ago, megared said:

Probably means we could've had him for a 6th.  

I don't understand why they would send him to the one organization that wouldn't be desperate enough to play him 10 games if he isn't working out.  They may very well get no compensation for him, or he could have a career revival that makes them look really stupid for trading him in the first place.

cause no one else offered a fifth?  I think I saw the condition is if he's not active for  10 games they send back a pick

If what Gordon needs is a healthy environment the Redskins might have made a suitable home. However, if what he needs is a really strict, disciplined, and structured environment, I think Jay Gruden's loose style would have Gordon falling through the cracks pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

Redksins are signing WR Breshad Perriman, per source.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

The #Redskins, who were in the mix for Josh Gordon, signed former #Ravens first-round pick Breshad Perriman, source said.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Chad RyanVerified account @ChadwikoRCC
FollowingFollowing @ChadwikoRCC
More

For an understanding of how the #Redskins brass views Breshad Perriman, Doug Williams this week was quoted as saying the reason the Skins weren't interested in Dez Bryant was (paraphrasing) 'Dez wants to be a starter, and we already have starters'.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

What's getting lost in this conversation... Didn't we bring in Paul Richardson to be a deep threat? Why the heck aren't we using him as one then?!

Look what happened the two times we actually threw the ball deep to him this year -- defensive holding against AZ and a 35 yard gain against the Colts. We need to be taking more shots to him . It is the only way we can open up things in the short passing game for Reed/Thompson/Crowder. And, if we believe Alex is the same QB he was last year, he lead the friggin NFL in downfield passing. 

But our starters ****ing suck....

well honestly don’t know if Richardson sucks because he’s played like 8 games in his career but Jesus.

we had a pretty damn good receiving Corp two years ago and proceeded to say “**** it” and set it on fire for the sake of “money”....and still went ahead and signed a marginal guy like Richardson. Wtf is the money going?? To pay Preston Smith to get stood up by JAGS??!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

But our starters ****ing suck....

well honestly don’t know if Richardson sucks because he’s played like 8 games in his career but Jesus.

we had a pretty damn good receiving Corp two years ago and proceeded to say “**** it” and set it on fire for the sake of “money”....and still went ahead and signed a marginal guy like Richardson. Wtf is the money going?? To pay Preston Smith to get stood up by JAGS??!

The money is going towards...having a mediocre QB for $12 mil less gtd than a very good one?

• Sad 1

Wright from that crop for me is more intriguing.  He can play slot, too.   According to Craig Hoffman, Perriman blew them away with his workout -- but isn't that Perriman's thing?  He's got blazing speed for his size.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

Before signing WR Breshad Perriman, the #Redskins worked out WRs, TEs and QBs. Notables: Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright and Paxton Lynch.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, skinsfan834 said:

What's getting lost in this conversation... Didn't we bring in Paul Richardson to be a deep threat? Why the heck aren't we using him as one then?!

Look what happened the two times we actually threw the ball deep to him this year -- defensive holding against AZ and a 35 yard gain against the Colts. We need to be taking more shots to him . It is the only way we can open up things in the short passing game for Reed/Thompson/Crowder. And, if we believe Alex is the same QB he was last year, he lead the friggin NFL in downfield passing. 

we did't use him as a deep threat in Arizona because the running game worked well enough we didn't go deep.  We didn't use him as a deep threat against the Colts because of the constant pressure Smith was under

6 minutes ago, carex said:

we did't use him as a deep threat in Arizona because the running game worked well enough we didn't go deep.  We didn't use him as a deep threat against the Colts because of the constant pressure Smith was under

That narrative is getting out of hand. The pressure wasn’t that bad.

Richardson isn’t a deep threat in the mold of Desean Jackson. His game is similar to Doctson in that he goes up for that ball. The issue is that we have an ultra conservative QB that will not throw deep when the run game is trash 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds like Matt Williams, "He's our closer", doesn't it?  I woulda preferred the he can't catch a slant and cries too much reason to that nonsense. He just dropped a peg on that one, damn.

Meh, I'm numb to it. Just accepted that when it comes to reasonable, logical ****, we're going the opposite direction.

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

That narrative is getting out of hand. The pressure wasn’t that bad.

Richardson isn’t a deep threat in the mold of Desean Jackson. His game is similar to Doctson in that he goes up for that ball. The issue is that we have an ultra conservative QB that will not throw deep when the run game is trash 

Isnt it funny we have for a minute now talked about replacing DJax as a deep threat and comparing players to him?  Starting to wonder if letting him leave was a mistake.  I didn't at the time, but we have failed miserably at replacing him, no other way around it.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, I'm numb to it. Just accepted that when it comes to reasonable, logical ****, we're going the opposite direction.

I have no idea how to fix the WR issue.  I looked at 2019 free agents, only one that stands out is the ghost of Larry Fitzgerald.  We've gone from 1st rounder on a LG being a luxury to maybe having to pick a WR (which we also suck at).  Good times, still here

• Confused 1