Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

I do wonder how they plan to move Humpries, Samuel and Gibson around. Seems like two of them work really well from the slot. Two really well from a running position and only one plays the X well enough to line up there. Is that right? 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I do wonder how they plan to move Humpries, Samuel and Gibson around. Seems like two of them work really well from the slot. Two really well from a running position and only one plays the X well enough to line up there. Is that right? 

Scott Turner can become very creative with Humphries.  Let's see how creative he can be with our O.  I'm curios to see.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

I love the Humphries signing. Really like that one! Man, if we get a bona fide RB who can thump it, this offense is gonna be nasty. Gibson is the real swiss army knife weapon in that arsenal, and defenses won't be able to deploy a sufficient enough response when Gibson, McLaurin, Samuel are attacking the field, along with McKissic out of the backfield. And I think we still get a helluva burner in the draft. Young speed, hungry speed.

• Like 3

I wonder if Gibson wanting to trim his weight down for next season was a personal decision or is something coaches asked of him.  My theory is that now that he’s gotten more comfortable running the ball, they are going to focus more on the receiving side of things this offseason.  Would allow him to be used more on 3rd downs, better his chances of taking over for McKissick in 2022, and give Turner (even) more versatility.  Of course, if I’m right, this means we could really stand to add a back that can handle a lot of carries if need be (which we could use anyway as an upgrade from Barber).

13 hours ago, skinzplay said:

I love the Humphries signing. Really like that one! Man, if we get a bona fide RB who can thump it, this offense is gonna be nasty. Gibson is the real swiss army knife weapon in that arsenal, and defenses won't be able to deploy a sufficient enough response when Gibson, McLaurin, Samuel are attacking the field, along with McKissic out of the backfield. And I think we still get a helluva burner in the draft. Young speed, hungry speed.

Samuel has been used as a RB by Carolina too. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, ksun247 said:

I see the bubble still has the Redskins logo on the field. 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:10 PM, jsharrin55 said:

I marked 'thanks' so you have one of each reaction.  First time I've seen a bingo.

That's no small task, accomplished by ksun.

He should get an award for such a thing.

Although this particular instance should be forfeited, due to jsharrin's admission of conspiring to collude on bingo results

• Haha 3

On 4/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, skinny21 said:

I wonder if Gibson wanting to trim his weight down for next season was a personal decision or is something coaches asked of him.  My theory is that now that he’s gotten more comfortable running the ball, they are going to focus more on the receiving side of things this offseason.  Would allow him to be used more on 3rd downs, better his chances of taking over for McKissick in 2022, and give Turner (even) more versatility.  Of course, if I’m right, this means we could really stand to add a back that can handle a lot of carries if need be (which we could use anyway as an upgrade from Barber).

Ehh I hope not. I never like when players are asked to gain/lose weight. It just messes with them. I think Gibson is just fine as he is and just needs more reps and time to grow and develop into the position. He got better as the year went on and PFF had him graded pretty highly amongst rookies.

• Like 1

If this thread is still active when 2021 Training Camp starts, I think I'm going to start a new 2021 thread.

Imagine being a new guy on the forum, clicking this thread, hoping to read about Curtis Samuel and Adam Humphries, and the first page is all about the great Josh Doctson, the emerging stars, Maurice Harris and Jeremy Sprinkle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@HigSkin I'm good with any position we select in the first except for defensive line, strong safety and tight end.

Bateman would be an awesome outside wr to complement our weapons. I understand he can play slot as well; the most appealing aspect is the offense would have three Wrs who can play outside and inside. With slot depth. 

This is also why I wouldn't mind if we grab one of the top two RBs in the first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think we go LT in the 1st Round, if Darrisaw is still there

The addition of Humphries gives us more stability at WR, in order to address a more pressing need

Adding Bateman (or even Smith/Waddle if they fall) would be a really nice addition to this group, but I’m with you in terms of more pressing needs... especially with the depth of this wr class.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 9:55 PM, ultravin said:

ok, so who do we have and who else can we get?

so far we have:

Terry Mclauren

Curtis Samuel

Cam Simms (waiting for him to sign his tender)

Steven Simms

Kelvin Harmon

am i missing anyone else?

On 3/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, Master Blaster said:

Isaiah Wright 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:19 PM, RonYoungEra said:

And AGG

According to the FA thread, a guy you (and most people) probably never heard of, may actually be a lock to make the roster as a WR.

If he becomes the KR as expected.

DeAndre Carter

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

According to the FA thread, a guy you (and most people) probably never heard of, may actually be a lock to make the roster as a WR.

If he becomes the KR as expected.

DeAndre Carter

I've seen Carter play....he is mostly a punt returner who adds little to nothing as a WR. He should shore up our PR problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

0 WRs from the OP are on the team and we are probably starting to shape up (don’t want to be a post 2 like jinx).  This thread needs to be locked and started anew.  Haha

This thread should have been taken behind the woodshed and shot almost immediately. :ols:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2