Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

We signed Adam Humphries 5'11 195 Age 27

I was expecting to see a welcome thread or at least a token mention here.

I thought so also....very, very savy signing.  Looks like we got a slot WR and a punt returner.

• Like 1

man!  curtis and terry on the outside with adam as slot.  then you have gibson/mckissic.  plus you have to worry about logan.  those are some fast guys in the offense!

then for short/redzone, you can sub in cam, kelvin!  offensive weapons looking good for now!  

• Like 1

If we brought in a slot WR to primarily play on the outside for 10M yr avg I would be pretty concerned.

You don't spend good amounts of money to get a guy to do things other than what he excels in. Samuel has done very well in the slot and he logged 72% of his snaps there last year. Not counting his reps in the backfield, it is where the majority of his reps need to come from.

Humphries simply allows us to have a reliable option both when Samuel needs a blow, is lined up in the backfield, or the few packages that require multiple interior WRs.

I think the idea that our primary outside WRs being Terry and Curtis is a bit overblown.... outside of madden. That will be rampant there 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

If we brought in a slot WR to primarily play on the outside for 10M yr avg I would be pretty concerned.

You don't spend good amounts of money to get a guy to do things other than what he excels in. Samuel has done very well in the slot and he logged 72% of his snaps there last year. Not counting his reps in the backfield, it is where the majority of his reps need to come from.

Humphries simply allows us to have a reliable option both when Samuel needs a blow, is lined up in the backfield, or the few packages that require multiple interior WRs.

I think the idea that our primary outside WRs being Terry and Curtis is a bit overblown.... outside of madden. That will be rampant there 

Just have lots of good players and let the coaches figure it out.

10 hours ago, method man said:

I know he is raw but I like the idea of putting an athlete like Tremble who is already an elite blocker with Hoener

One thing I really like about Tremble is he seems to have the best hands of all TEs.  He doesn't use his body.  He catches the ball with his hands.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 5:10 PM, jsharrin55 said:

I marked 'thanks' so you have one of each reaction.  First time I've seen a bingo.

Figured I'd add the confused one. That's twice now! 

Edited by duffy
  • Haha 1