Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Obviously a tiny sample, but here's how good he can cut now

He's getting back to being comfortable with his legs, so that's good.  He wasn't a good route runner before, maybe the rehab will help him in that area.  Make him think about what his body is doing to setup breaks and how it goes after the break.

• Like 4

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

He's getting back to being comfortable with his legs, so that's good.  He wasn't a good route runner before, maybe the rehab will help him in that area.  Make him think about what his body is doing to setup breaks and how it goes after the break.

Another thing, which actually did not look good, and I realize is just a super small sample, but that he had a very slow initial jump out of the gate.

But who knows, maybe he just didn't try on that aspect, or isn't ready for that aspect yet.

• Like 1

Lotta time for Harmon to get right.  Interesting point about the rehab maybe improving his route running @Alcoholic Zebra, he could use improvement there for sure, though he’ll probably always be a bit limited given his lack of quickness/speed.  He can be a nice asset against zone though if/when he gets healthy.

I’m looking forward to see him competing during TC/the season.  Obviously the FO needs to (and will, I have no doubt) essentially ignore Harmon for roster building purposes.

I’m hoping coaches will be pleasantly surprised when Harmon and Ioannidis return.

5 hours ago, ksun247 said:

I see the bubble still has the Redskins logo on the field. 

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yup.

Noone was supposed to see that, though. Hence, the bubble. 😛

Security goofed up.

it's not supposed to be visible so why have any hurry to change it up?  The plain W is an obvious placeholder so just wait till there's a new logo to replace it

6 minutes ago, carex said:

it's not supposed to be visible so why have any hurry to change it up?  The plain W is an obvious placeholder so just wait till there's a new logo to replace it

If it's changed everywhere that people CAN see, it comes across as mere window dressing if the places people normally would NOT see remain as-is. I want to believe they are beyond that type of stuff now. I mean, I personally do not feel the team being called the Redskins was/is racist, but they did decide to go in another direction and even made a video showing all the old connections to the name in Redskins Park being taken down and replaced..."Look what we're doing, new beginnings" and all that. So just change it in the bubble, too.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

Just now, Califan007 said:

If it's changed everywhere that people CAN see, it comes across as mere window dressing if the places people normally would NOT see remain as-is. I want to believe they are beyond that type of stuff now. I mean, I personally do not feel the team being called the Redskins was/is racist, but they did decide to go in another direction and even made a video showing all the old connections to the name in Redskins Park being taken down and replaced..."Look what we're doing, new beginnings" and all that. So just change it in the bubble, too.

unless they came out and tried to declare "we're going back to Redskins" I disagree. 

Just now, Califan007 said:

If it's changed everywhere that people CAN see, it comes across as mere window dressing if the placed people normally would NOT see remain as-is. I want to believe they are beyond that type of stuff now. I mean, I personally do not feel the team being called the Redskins was/is racist, but they did decide to go in another direction and even made a video showing all the old connections to the name in Redskins Park being taken down and replaced..."Look what we're doing, new beginnings" and all that. So just change it in the bubble, too.

5 hours ago, ksun247 said:

I see the bubble still has the Redskins logo on the field. 

Just don't hire the Googly Moogly painter to do it.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, carex said:

unless they came out and tried to declare "we're going back to Redskins" I disagree. 

Man tells his girlfriend "You convinced me, I'm becoming a vegatarian. No more meat for me, or fish. I'm even cutting back on dairy products. Starting today, I'm living a healthier lifestyle and that starts with my diet." Six months later she finds out he eats a Burger King regularly during work.

Man: "Since I don't eat meat when I'm around you I figured what's the hurry..."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Man tells his girlfriend "You convinced me, I'm becoming a vegatarian. No more meat for me, or fish. I'm even cutting back on dairy products. Starting today, I'm living a healthier lifestyle and that starts with my diet." Six months later she finds out he eats a Burger King regularly during work.

Man: "Since I don't eat meat when I'm around you I figured what's the hurry..."

see to me it's more like "Ok, fine I'm not going to eat meat anymore, but I've got stuff in my freezer I'm not throwing out, it'll be gone next time a friend of mine comes over to take care of it"

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sorry I have to be a bummer, and break the sad news...but that #22 actually died at the age of 38, due to an infection complicated by heart and kidney issues.  :(

I'll get over it, but thanks for the update.  :munchout:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still want to see what AGG brings to the table with a year under his belt, a (hopefully) real off season and some preseason reps. Showed good burst on this play. Of course he got nicely welcome at the end....but still. I have a feeling he'll make some noise with reasonable QB play this year. Tana (Moss) pretty much summed it up when he said AGG just needs to play with confidence. I think Samuel and McClaurin gives you the speed to keep the possession receiver in 1to1 matchups.  We'll see.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/watch-antonio-gandy-golden-gets-blasted-first-nfl-big-play?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

• Like 1