Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

1 minute ago, Poindexter said:

If it's between us and the Eagles....you have to believe we have the upper hand.  If I were Cleveland I would much rather take a draft pick from us than the defending Super Bowl Champs.

The logic side of my brain is saying don't do this as for Josh Gordon -- people with his type of chronic problems typically don't just get over them just like that thanks to a change of scenery.   But the emotional side of me, is intrigued by his talent and the fun distraction it poses after a loss.

My fear is Dan is upset and is telling his FO to do it -- it would be vintage Dan to make a move like this coming off of a loss if he's feeling a bit unhinged.  Galdi was talking about Dan today saying the people that he knows who know Dan say this is the type of loss coupled with the coverage of the home crowd not being hot -- that makes him go nuts.

Perriman's short NFL career bottomed out last season, when he finished as the league's worst-ranked wide receiver. Pro Football Focus gave him the lowest grade among 116 receivers.

His dropped passes and inability to win contested catches turned into interceptions. His lack of production led to him being a healthy scratch for a team that desperately needed receivers.

Sounds like our kind of guy!!  <_<

Annnd....it looks like I might get some dupe hunting in today :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Jordan SchultzVerified account @Schultz_Report
FollowFollow @Schultz_Report
More

Two teams to potentially watch out for in the Josh Gordon sweepstakes: #Eagles and #Redskins. #BrownsCLEBrowns18.png

NFL Network is reporting Pats are going to sign him within the hour. Bellichik is going to break him like a wild stallion ?

• Haha 1

I thnk after yesterday, we no have no choice but to go after Josh Gordon, because we CANNOT continue to trot out these same receivers that we have this season for much longer.  These guys SUCK.  They can't get open, they can't catch the ball when given an opportunity, and they can't even block well  when we call running plays (I'm looking at you, Doctson), which is disturbing to me.  We're at Def-con 5 level at receiver, and I would argue that we have the worst corp in the NFL (next to the Cowboys).  We HAVE to get a vet in soon, because we're not going to be in many games trotting out the same garbage week after week.  The Colts gave the rest of the league the blueprint on how to defend the Skins offense.  Put 8 or 9 in the box, and dare Alex to throw, while taking away the medium options.  We better sign a vet, because we're ripe for the picking when play better defenses coming up shortly.

Edited by samy316

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

NFL Network is reporting Pats are going to sign him within the hour. Bellichik is going to break him like a wild stallion ?

Yeah just saw that

1. Anthony Brown Retweeted ProFootballTalk

From many sources....

Anthony Brown added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
    Report: Patriots, Browns close to deal on Josh Gordon trade https://wp.me/p14QSB-aIBK 

1. Gruden confirms Redskins worked out Perriman along with a few other players, some tight ends. Sounds like Rob Kelley's roster spot will open up

2. Gruden says Rob Kelley might need surgery for toe injury. He's out a month at least

24 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I hated that 1 dropped pass early on at the sideline, but I thought he caught a few more after that? 

As far as the quality of his routes later and deeper into the game? I can't say how he did. 

In real time, I kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt on that one that he short armed it a little cuz he was worried about his feet at the sideline.  If he catches it, I dont think it's automatic he stays in bounds.  In fact, I think he's just flat not in bounds.

Or he's not skilled enough to walk and chew gum at the same time.  Julio Jones or somebody probably catches it and gets the feet in.  

9 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

They got about 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and 12 total.  Gotta have the ammo, we dont.

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

In real time, I kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt on that one that he short armed it a little cuz he was worried about his feet at the sideline.  If he catches it, I dont think it's automatic he stays in bounds.  In fact, I think he's just flat not in bounds.

Or he's not skilled enough to walk and chew gum at the same time.  Julio Jones or somebody probably catches it and gets the feet in.  

Yeah, I personally didn’t think that was catchable.  Perhaps if he had gotten to the mark a tick earlier he could have started to slow down, allowing him to get his feet in.  I don’t know.  Also hurt to miss on that fade route.  That was a good defensive play though (and bad luck for Doctson that the defender got his arm in there).  

Weird that for his size he’s so good at the diving, pluck off the turf type of catches.  

I think he’d be a much better fit for a qb like Luck that doesn’t mind throwing it to well covered receivers (and throwing back shoulder balls).  Just feels like a mismatch - maybe/probably for Gruden’s offense, and definitely for the qbs he’s had.  

Edited by skinny21

We need Maurice Harris in there as soon as he can play.  Even Grant on the Colts played better yesterday than our own receivers.  I have no faith in Doctson.

He is not a late bloomer.  He is a bust.   We need much more speed at wide receiver and receivers who can catch the ball as they are going out of bounds.

21 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm open to someone showing me a pic of the sideline room he had or didn't have, but I felt sure he had plenty of room.. adequate room.. and expect any pro WR much less a 1st rd player to make that catch. 

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I hope a gaggle of silverbacks in heat find you in a dark corner and show you what true love is all about.

The salt is real.

Skins are going nowhere so finding enjoyment in watching a successful franchise is now worthy of essentially being told that a pack of gorillas should rape me?

Grow up kid.

Edited by zealoustuttle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I'm open to someone showing me a pic of the sideline room he had or didn't have, but I felt sure he had plenty of room.. adequate room.. and expect any pro WR much less a 1st rd player to make that catch. 

I couldnt find a better angle, but if he catches it, maybe he can drag or toe tap the left foot.  Maybe, but it was a 2 part deal either way. If you stop at 3 seconds, the lunge it woulda taken to secure it just upped the degree of difficulty.

Not an easy play by any means.  A more vet receiver probably makes it though.  

I'm sitting here cutting him some slack on this play, but I concede he's not a good WR. 

Edited by justice98
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I couldnt find a better angle, but if he catches it, maybe he can drag or toe tap the left foot.  Maybe, but it was a 2 part deal either way. If you stop at 3 seconds, the lunge it woulda taken to secure it just upped the degree of difficulty.

Not an easy play by any means.  A more vet receiver probably makes it though.  

I'm sitting here cutting him some slack on this play, but I concede he's not a good WR. 

Yeah thanks. I watched this a few times. As the ball hits his hands, his right foot comes down well in bounds. Though we can't see lower, it feels safe to say that the left foot stabbing down would have not been terribly difficult to accomplish, imo. 

I would say that the difficulty of catch would be no higher than a 6/10, and the left foot stab, maybe a 7/10. imo

A play that should have been made, and could have really boosted the offensive mindset. 

33 minutes ago, zealoustuttle said:

The salt is real.

Skins are going nowhere so finding enjoyment in watching a successful franchise is now worthy of essentially being told that a pack of gorillas should rape me?

Grow up kid.

Kid? You registered 5 hours ago to harass us about our terrible team, how ****ty is your life that you have nothing better to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Come on guys, Doctson needs to make that catch he is a 1st round pick.  Lets say he at least secures the ball and his 2nd foot accidentally nudges out of bounds? Ok fine, we can all live with that and move on, but the issue there wasn't his feet, it is another football hitting his hands and falling incomplete. He does it way too much.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Gordon to the Pats for a 5th.  Man, I woulda parted with a 5th for less than him.  lol  

Probably means we could've had him for a 6th.  

I don't understand why they would send him to the one organization that wouldn't be desperate enough to play him 10 games if he isn't working out.  They may very well get no compensation for him, or he could have a career revival that makes them look really stupid for trading him in the first place.