Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

As I said:

It was a terrible trade.

&

Signinging Cousins would have been awful.

Ā 

Cousins was the worst player in the nfl yesterday. Everyone is commenting on the intā€™s, empty TD stat, & the missed easy TD to Diggs....rightfully so. What I canā€™t stand about Kirk are the redzone mental collapses, when he is trying to save a timeout &Ā kinda thinks he can run the ball in for a score, then kinda realizes he canā€™t, & he just throws a play away, takes an unnecessary hit, & keeps the clock running; all avoidable, but heā€™s Kirk Cousins.

Ā 

This is not a complicated league, we should have kept our pickĀ & young corner, we should have found a Matt Moore-ish QB, we should have made the trades (Iā€™ve detailed) that would have allowed us to acquire assets enablingĀ us to compete for a Super Bowl title. We should have traded Trent, again, as I said. Heā€™dĀ have brought back a first + before the season, instead we have another injury & we are playing without him anyway - just another wasted an opportunity. With him, we arenā€™t contenders, we have no explosive talent, we needed to invest that asset into our future.

Ā 

All of this is simple. Iā€™d have a SB for Dan, and you fine folks,Ā in 5 years or less. But, we will do as everyone else does & be average for another decade. You guys deserve better, youā€™d still have Mcvay if your buddy volsmet had been left in charge.Ā 

Ā 

Of course, I was also contacting my book to get odds on Goff for MVP prior to last year, when 99% believed he would never succeed in the nfl. Volsmet knows football. No one thought Goff would ever be one of the better QBs, but one brave soul who doesnā€™t care about the views of the masses knew he would be an mvp contender with Sean Mcvay. How could one man know what nobody else did? We should get him into the front office pronto, enough of this mediocrity.Ā 

Ā 

Pay attention, your boy is ahead of the rest, significantly so.Ā Granted, my uncle is the best QB coach in the history of the game, so I was born with an advantage.

Ā 

7 months before he coached a game, volsmet knew. Watson & Mcvay, how happy would you fine ppl be. You deserve that happiness. #Volsmet2020.

Ā 

Ā 

Screenshots donā€™t lie.Ā 

Ā 

Please feel free to support volsmet for GM at www.volsmetcanfixdc/ilovetacos.com

Ā 

My cousin is working in the front office of the evil IndianapolisĀ Colts, he was born in the area, we need to bring him home to team up with ...me. True bipartisanship can work in Washington. Yes, heā€™s on the other side of the isle, but I love him anyway.

ā¤ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

106.7 is saying its SanchezĀ šŸ˜

Ā 

We wonā€™t be worse.Ā 

18 minutes ago, volsmet said:

As I said:

It was a terrible trade.

&

Signinging Cousins would have been awful.

Ā 

Cousins was the worst player in the nfl yesterday. Everyone is commenting on the intā€™s, empty TD stat, & the missed easy TD to Diggs....rightfully so. What I canā€™t stand about Kirk are the redzone mental collapses, when he is trying to save a timeout &Ā kinda thinks he can run the ball in for a score, then kinda realizes he canā€™t, & he just throws a play away, takes an unnecessary hit, & keeps the clock running; all avoidable, but heā€™s Kirk Cousins.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Read this.

Ā 

Any commentary/comments on our former QB goes in Around the NFL not in this forum.

Ā 

Period.

42 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Ā 

He came unraveled a little in the second half. I think up until the pick-6 he was playing great. He was hurt by AT LEAST 3 drops which would have added another 80 yards through the air (and potentially a TD, but not sure if Vernon would have scored).Ā 

Ā 

Not sure if the pick-6 was on him, Reed, or just one of those timing things...but that plus the ensuing INT were both pretty bad.Ā 

That's what made the injury even tougher for me. He did seem like things were finally starting to click for him. That pick 6 was all on Reed IMO; same exact thing happened in the Packers game. But like I said, it was the best that HE looked, not necessarily the offense.

So, Iā€™ve given it 24 hours moratorium on Ā negative Alex discussion, given that gruesome injury. Ā 

Ā 

While he had some moments yesterday where I complimented him, as has happened a few times this season, he followed up with bum play leading me to believe my positivity was a jinx.

Ā 

The narrative that he was hitting his stride in this offense prior to the injury misses me entirely. Ā He had some moments and folks helped him look bad, but he still wasnā€™t very good. Ā That dumb shuttle pass, the awful pick and even his lack of recognizing the blitz that led to his injury were not things that led me to believe the arrow was going up.

Ā 

All that said, it still sucks that he got injured in the fashion he did. Ā He took it like a champ. Ā Even as someone unimpressed with his play here, it was sad to see that happen. Ā It also creates a predicament for us as weā€™re on the hook for a lot more money and the last thing you want is an already skittish QB more skittish after a catastrophic injury like that one.

1 minute ago, Stadium-Armory said:

At 34, and with a fourteen year career in my rear view mirror I would highly entertain retirement. Would you want to risk another leg injury? I wouldn't.Ā 

Ā 

What would he be coming back for? Money? Yes, it's a lot of money. Nevertheless, the universe is telling you it's time.

Ā 

He has to rehab anyway, why not rehab on our dime while collecting big fat paychecks?

Ā 

Injuries like this one are the primary reason these guys want that guaranteed money.

4 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Iļ»æ don't care about the actual cash...I hope he gets every nickel. But, is the cap hit the same as it would be if we cut him/kept him?Ā 

Ā 

This has been repeated, well, repeatedly: Cap equals Cash.

Ā 

Every dollar we give him is a dollar that counts against our cap.Ā  Him getting injured doesn't change that.

3 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Ā 

This has been repeated, well, repeatedly: Cap equals Cash.

Ā 

Every dollar we give him is a dollar that counts against our cap.Ā  Him getting injured doesn't change that.

Ā 

No kidding, and honestly it's like people don't bother ready or taking any initiative and looking.

Ā 

This has been repeated...........repeatedly on several different threads here.

Ā 

He is getting his $55 million. He will get his entire 2019 contract, it is 100% guaranteed. His 2020 contract is basically 100% guaranteed, because all he needs to do is be on the roster on the 5th day of the 2019 league year, Smith's 2020 $16 million salary will also become fully guaranteed.

Ā 

There is no "out".

Ā 

There is no "medical clause". It's 100%, fully guaranteed.

Ā 

The first year we can cut him is 2021, and if we cut him as a June 1st cut, it's only 5.4 million in dead cap. If it is a pre-June ft cut, it's 10 million.

Ā 

There are tools out there. It's not that hard.

Ā 

https://overthecap.com/player/alex-smith/784/

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont wanna post it in here but check out the Washington Post sports page for today.Ā 

Ā 

Got DAMN that's some serious hate. I'm a bad dude but I'm not ****ed up enough to do that ****.Ā 

Ā 

****!Ā 

Ā 

This is the paper that whines about the name "Redskins".

Ā 

Link for anyone that wants to read about this nonsense:Ā https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/this-washington-post-headline-and-picture-of-alex-smiths-injury-were-terrible.html

12 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

if we cut him as a June 1st cut, it's only 5.4 million in dead cap. If it is a pre-June ft cut, it's 10 million.

Ā 

The only difference that makes is which years the cap hit is spread over.Ā  We're taking the same hit either way.

Ā 

I suppose there's a slight advantage to pushing the cap hit off into the future.Ā 

23 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

The first year we can cut him is 2021, and if we cut him as a June 1st cut, it's only 5.4 million in dead cap. If it is a pre-June ft cut, it's 10 million.

We can do a post June 1st cut in 2020 at $6.75M in dead cap and that will save us about $14M against theĀ 2020 cap.

Ā 

So he's here at least 1 more year.

43 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We can do a post June 1st cut in 2020 at $6.75M in dead cap and that will save us about $14M against theĀ 2020 cap.

Ā 

So he's here at least 1 more year.

Ā 

Hes gonna be here until he is done rehab anyway. That's the only smart move for him. But I'm hoping hes smart enough to retire after that. Knowing his time is up and it's the right thing to do.Ā 

Ā 

But this is me hoping for a guy I know nothing about other than hes old, one legged, and rich saying no to whats basically free money. So....

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Ā 

This is the paper that whines about the name "Redskins".

Ā 

Link for anyone that wants to read about this nonsense:Ā https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/this-washington-post-headline-and-picture-of-alex-smiths-injury-were-terrible.html

Looks like they are trying to be the New York Post. Ā Thatā€™s some repugnant ****.

Archived