Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

Will this go down as the 2nd worst contract in Redskins history?  In essence, since his 2020 salary will also be guaranteed, we will have given up for him him something like 71 million, Kendell Fuller, and a 3rd round pick, for 9 terrible games.

Or would that top Haynesworth?

41 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Will this go down as the 2nd worst contract in Redskins history?  In essence, since his 2020 salary will also be guaranteed, we will have given up for him him something like 71 million, Kendell Fuller, and a 3rd round pick, for 9 terrible games.

I think this beats Albert by a mile. They found a way to weasel out of that mess.

So much for Bruce being a "numbers guy". 

This is arguably the dumbest contract we've ever signed. 

Just when the talent on this team appears to be turning the corner, we make another bone headed decision regarding the QB position that damages the team for years. 

Excuse me while I fall short of having any sympathy whatsoever for the fact that Snyder can't sell out FedEx and no one in the area is bending over backwards to deal with him on a new stadium.

The only way we can dig out is to draft a QB and hope to hell that Colt or someone can get us through until that new QB can start.

Lots of pressure on the FO now and absolutely no margin for error on the next QB move.

The cap hit is only bad for 1 more year, we can do a post June 1 cut after next season and only get hit with $6.75M in dead cap going into the 2020 season.

The bottom line is we need Colt to play for 1 more year and then we can either sign a short term vet or stick with Colt until we draft a QB in 2020 and get him ready to play.

All we need is to "persuade" Smith to retire and we can then spread out his salary over a few years. That is the best option. He is not coming back as a player after that injury. Mccoy will be a more than capable replacement for our team considering how bad Smith has actually played. He cannot hold this offense back anymore than smith did LOL.

Glad we got out of him as our QB1 though, unfortunate way it happened, but now that he is out of the picture we can actually start planning for a future with a real QB.

14 minutes ago, LMFAO Alex Smith said:

All we need is to "persuade" Smith to retire and we can then spread out his salary over a few years. That is the best option. He is not coming back as a player after that injury. Mccoy will be a more than capable replacement for our team considering how bad Smith has actually played. He cannot hold this offense back anymore than smith did LOL.

Glad we got out of him as our QB1 though, unfortunate way it happened, but now that he is out of the picture we can actually start planning for a future with a real QB.

That's an interesting take considering your nickname, your joined date and everything that goes with it...

As much as I disliked the way he played, I never certainly wanted it to end this way and can only wish him to come back fast because it should end this way.

I also acknowledge that the guy was put in the tough situation, as well as Jay, btw, because of Bruce. He was hyper hyped and bring here as Jesus coming home and solve all of our problems...

And I'd hate that this injury would benefit Bruce in any way and bail him out from his stupidity and ineptness...

On 11/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, SWFLSkins said:

There's a chance, but really not much of one. I feel horrible for him, not only did he never really get going here, He suffered his worse injury in his career. yikes. 

From what I gather, it sounds worse than it is.  The recovery is still 6-8 months.  So that was the prognosis after all that.  The way it's described to the layman (including myself), the details of it made it sound like they were gonna have to chop his leg off. 

But reading and hearing some more in-depth medical opinions, barring any unforeseen developments, if he chooses to return, there should be nothing impacting his ability to be back by the preseason.  

Do you think there is any way we can have alex retire, then bring him on the coaching staff as a QB coach and assistant?

From what I hear he is an intellect at QB and is good at mentoring. If that were the case would it be possible that we can transition is contract into the coaching salary therefore nullifying cap impact?

I have no idea, but that idea just popped into my head.

4 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Oh heck yea this tops Haynesworth.  you kidding me?  

I do find it funny that someone prefaces a statement with "I don't want to be overdramatic" and then proceeds to state that this will "alter the trajectory of the entire franchise" in the next sentence. 

My turn...I'm not trying to be underdramatic, but I always assumed our next QB would be a drafted player anyway. So, I could easily see us paying off the Smith contract, keeping Colt around, and adding a rookie contract. The guys who end up taking the snaps might be different, but the cost we counted on would be roughly the same. 

Archived