Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I've tried referring to Randall Cobb as "Tex" but no one ever knew what I meant. 

I've met both 'Tex' & 'The Easton Assassin', while dwelling in 'SoCal (Los Angeles)'.

Larry's kinda laid-back, but cool.

'Tex' is just like what you'll see here: funny, cool, tough-as-several boxes of nails.

13 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Tampas got a good offense. They have no offensive line. Using Desean in an offense that only gives very few seconds before a defender is disrupting the play is very tough. 

The 49ers didn’t have a QB for half the season. Now he has Jimmy his production should go up. And if he had stayed how he would have done with Kirk only one could think would have produced better results here vs the garbage he was playing with there. Not a fair comparison

we didn't have an offensive line last year for Jackson either, and Garcon got hurt

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Before teams make cap cutting moves, or factoring in trades, my FA priorities would be re-sign Zach Brown then go out and get Ryan Jensen and Bennie Logan.

Expected us to look at Vontae Davis before now as well. 

I like the sound of Jensen, I've heard he's got a nasty side to him. 

HTTR 

25 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

I would rather we resign long go will the Rollier at C maybe move long to LG or at the very worst have him as the utility inside OL guy . 

I could see Long re-signing for depth after FA has started and he doesn't get a decent offer elsewhere. I'd prefer an upgrade, I want the interior of both our lines upgraded to another level.

I would really like to see us sign FB Anthony Sherman from the Chiefs. He would basically replace Niles Paul. Excellent special teamer that plays on every unit and would instantly upgrade our run game. His familiarity with Alex Smith is a bonus. The one drawback is Gruden's baffling inability to intelligently utilize a FB.

Zach Brown update...

He's again wanting top dollar. The problem with that is he can't call the Defense. The other issue, he's a run stopper in a passing League. Athleticism? Check. Smarts? .... You don't even want to know the quote I heard. :ols: 

Isaiah Crowell - Look for him to be a outta the gates target. Jay loves the dude & was gushing about him in 2016 when we played against him. 

Take a look.

12 minutes ago, TK said:

Zach Brown update...

He's again wanting top dollar. The problem with that is he can't call the Defense. The other issue, he's a run stopper in a passing League. Athleticism? Check. Smarts? .... You don't even want to know the quote I heard. :ols: 

Isaiah Crowell - Look for him to be a outta the gates target. Jay loves the dude & was gushing about him in 2016 when we played against him. 

Take a look.

Thanks for the inside info, TK. :)  Much appreciated.  Looks great hope we can add a Tyree Hill type with Richardson.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thanks for the inside info, TK. :)  Much appreciated.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

Much appreciated. :) 

1 minute ago, TK said:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

Much appreciated. :) 

Will do and my bad.  Sorry. 

21 minutes ago, TK said:

Zach Brown update...

Sounds like I’m on the same page with the FO on this one.  I just hope Bruce isn’t telling his agent that he’s wack, will never sniff what he wants on the open market, etc. foiling any chance to get him when the market disagrees with the # he believes he’s worth.

48 minutes ago, TK said:

Zach Brown update...

Take a look

On Zach, interesting.  I hope if so its not the Compton-Foster combination again.  Seeing Crowell run on that duo on that highlight reel brings me back.  Not picking on Foster but Compton on that front.  Hopefully, instead they'd consider another Brown from Buffalo.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31136/how-avoiding-wendys-helped-preston-brown-become-nfls-lead-tackler

The NFL's leader in tackles for 2017 was not Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner, the pair of perennial Pro Bowlers who both can lay claim to being the NFL's best linebacker.

It was Preston Brown, the Buffalo Bills’ third-round pick in 2014 who enters unrestricted free agency in March having topped the league with 144 tackles this past season -- 83 solo and 61 assisted.

Durability has never been a concern for Brown, who said by phone last week that he has only missed four games during his entire football career. But 2017 proved to be a transformative year for Brown, who partly attributes his uptick in production to a decision he made on his own last offseason to shed about 10 pounds and attempt to play faster.

As for Crowell, interesting.  I mentioned on this thread awhile ago Keim hyping that as possibility, he did so this weekend again.  So considering TK's info, ditto Keim -- I'd say clearly he's a likely target.

22 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not sure I buy the Crowell hype. Why him? Cleveland is clearly okay moving on from him. I know the Browns were no good while he was there but if he’s so good why would they let him walk? Not like they’re short on dough. 

Because he's the best player out of Cleveland since Terrelle Pryor, so he must be good! Right?

They'll either want a true mauler or a guy with more athleticism at LG - I think Spencer Long's time as a Redskin is done.
I'm hoping for a day 3 guard, either Colby Gossett or Brendan Mahon.

I still maintain that the team will move on from Zach Brown, but it's tough to say. Let's draft Rashaan Evans and groom Anderson to take over for Foster in 2019 as the leader of the defense. That's what I would do if the top tier defense is gone - Chubb, Fitzpatrick, James, Ward, Vea, Davenport - unless there's a guy like Orlando Brown or Derrius Guice that you're convinced will be high impact. 

33 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

In line with getting game changers ... none of the FA RBs outside of Bell do it for me. But there are a few guys in the draft that do. So I’m not anti Crowell as much as I am anti-FA RB. I want a stud not just a “good” RB

Generally in agreement with you.  The one thing Crowell (or McKinnon) give you is an established guy that opens up the draft a bit more.  There’s also an issue with number of needs vs draft picks and cap space.  So if we can land a good starter, likely far cheaper than a good corner or DL (I would add receiver, but it looks to be a poor market) than we can land more starters in FA and have more options in the draft.  Crowell, Preston Brown, Beau Allen, Galette or Murphy..: we could sign those guys and maybe more.  If we went for Logan and Brown, we’re probably about out of cap space.  Don’t get me wrong, my preference is still probably to blow the big money on Logan (covers NT and DT), and take a back either after trading to the late first, or with our 2nd.  Just saying I can see some logic there.  

Philosophically, it’s filling as many holes as you can before going into the draft.  Opens up, and complements the BPA strategy.  I can understand a preference for landing a stud FA instead (that’s where my head has been), but... we only have 2 early picks and limited cap space. I think we need an ILB, receiver or two, a back, LG, DL, TE, and competition and depth at corner, OLB and FS.  Get solid players at back, ILB, receiver (a decent, cheaper one) and OLB (like Murphy?) and we can get 2 of LG, receiver, and DL in the first 2 rounds (good spots for those positions - we could even trade back and hit all 3) and a TE in the middle rounds, and we’re in business.  

@SilvernonHaven’t heard very good things about Evans...

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

@SilvernonHaven’t heard very good things about Evans...

It seems there's disagreement on his value with Jeremiah and Bucky commenting that NFL people seem to like him much higher than they do. Took him time to break through and he's had injuries. He needs to break down better as a tackler, but he has sideline-to-sideline speed, sheds blocks from interior lineman very well and has flashed great intangibles. I think he'll test, measure and interview well. He'll be gone in the teens. 

I think he's a smarter Zach Brown and fits best as a RILB.

EDIT: And I would like to see Kerrigan (Murphy) - Foster (Anderson) - Evans (JHC) - Smith (Galette) The overall point being that there should be some options for the Redskins to replace Brown. I hope they find the best player and open to all options, but I think it's time for a first rounder at NT or ILB. I think that's where the value will be and there will be options. If the Redskins FO agree, hard not seeing Brown hitting FA and finding another home.

At the end of the day, I see the Redskins spending money elsewhere, maybe even spending $4-5 million for Galette if they can make the logical move of Anderson to ILB.

We have been pretty solid drafting cornerbacks in the latter rounds lately. Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller and Kyshoen Jarett all contributed pretty fast. The jury is still out on Fabian Moreau and Joshua Holsey but the coaching staff seems to feel good about them. The scouting department seems to do a good job in that regard and Torrian Gray has shown that he can coach up our players.

That's why I would not be extremely happy to draft a cornerback in the first round. Sure, if they have the feeling that Denzel Ward or whoever is there at our puck is the new Jalen Ramsey you pull the trigger. But I trust them to find servicable cornerbacks in the latter rounds. Hence, I would rather sign a proven nickel corner like Patrick Robinson in free agency and draft a prospect to develop in the meantime in one of the later rounds (if they even feel they need to do it after signing a free agent).

Archived