Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Mentioned Doug Martin a while back. Most agree he's fairly washed up.

With that said, I could really see us bringing him in for a look.

That would add to our malpractice case against Bruce Allen.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Mentioned Doug Martin a while back. Most agree he's fairly washed up.

With that said, I could really see us bringing him in for a look.

Dougs been in the league since 2012. Last season he had three games where he didn’t get 10 yards but had carries, his two games with 20 or more carries resulted in 2.5 and 2.45 yards per carry, and don’t think he’s worth kicking the tires on.

But I will say this. I would rather them kick the tires on Martin over Jeremy Hill a name I see said here a lot. If they are scraping the bottom of the RB barrel both guys would be considered I just think Hill is much worse. 

RB in the draft is my preference 

13 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We may have different views on the Kirk saga but other than that I doubt we differ much in our opinion of the franchise and how it's being run.

The difference is that you can only beat a dead horse for so long and at some point it becomes exhausting.

Believe me, I know it's exhausting. 

But to me the Kirk saga and how this franchise is run go hand in hand.

If folks (not necessarily you, but people in general) wouldn't feel obliged to come out of the woodwork to try and revive the dead horse, I'd have buried it long ago.  I can't just sit here and let folks slide on stuff that is flat out not true, greatly exaggerated, or twisted logic. 

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

IF we let Brown, Gallette and Murphy all walk I question how the team plans to replace them with limited draft stock. 

Seriously, even if you move Ryan Anderson inside, you may be fine at ILB but then you’re completely depth-less at Edge with just Kerrigan and Smith and JAGs begind them. And it almost makes adding a pass rusher imperative in the first 2 picks ... which takes away from being able to address the Guard spot, RB spot, WR .... DL etc. 

Gallette and Murphy or even one of them back on a cheaper deal makes sense and doesn’t expose you to being terribly weak or lack depth at that spot. 

Of course Anderson staying outside helps the depth. And if they plan to bring in another ILB to replace Brown in FA then that’s fine ... but I still think you should or need to bring back st least 1 If not all 3 of those guys. 

I know some have mentioned Anderson at ILB but wonder how that would go especially because his short and long speed is slow.  And the Mo LB is typically the faster-rangier guy.  Foster seems set at the Mike.

To your point, I agree.  I think it adds a lot of pressure for the FO to lose Breeland, Z. Brown, Murphy, Galette.  I think its easy (me included) to discount the guys who leave in FO and zone in on the new toys.  But the tradeoff as for who is gone matter clearly in the scheme of things.  Losing for example Garcon and D. Jax last year had a deeper impact than I think many expected including me.

If we got Compton back at MLB or Vigil and lose that speed we had with Brown -- it likely has an impact.  And our corners are Dunbar/Moreau, Holsey, Norman -- might not be the same as Breeland, Fuller, Norman.  Galette come on towards the end of the season.  If Galette and Murphy are gone -- its on Ryan Anderson to spell Kerrigan and Preston.   All of this is likely a step back. So hopefully, Finlay's take is wrong.

How much would putting the tag on Z Brown cost?

If affordable, tagging Brown and then also drafting Smith seems like a solid option. Would give us nice depth this year and a plan for next year and beyond at ILB.

I like that idea better than potentially losing Brown in FA....and then probably not drafting Smith (or another highly rated ILB)....because that would be very Redskins. 

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

On his day he could push the pile with the best of the DL in the league.  My cousins is a die hard Bucs fan and pretty plugged in, he said that Swaggy didn't put in the work and he was awful for the room.

The problem is he only had that day occasionally. And he really wasn’t good for the room here either.  

I had a feeling once he got paid his work ethic would fall.

That said, I would have taken a motivated Baker in Manusky’s defense coached by Tomsula.

Every defensive player gets a bump up in grade because of the sheer incompetence of Barry and his staff.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem is he only had that day occasionally. And he really wasn’t good for the room here either.  

I had a feeling once he got paid his work ethic would fall.

That said, I would have taken a motivated Baker in Manusky’s defense coached by Tomsula.

Every defensive player gets a bump up in grade because of the sheer incompetence of Barry and his staff.

I think he hated Haz and was wasted by Haz to an extent.

I agree on his attitude.

I also think Tomsula would probably kill him if the rumors about his work ethic are true.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I think he hated Haz and was wasted by Haz to an extent.

I agree on his attitude.

I also think Tomsula would probably kill him if the rumors about his work ethic are true.

Well, Haz was a fool and Barry was, as expected from the day he was hired, the worst DC in the history of modern football.  So, I kinda get his beef.

That said, I never thought he really lived up to the hype and he certainly didn’t do anything remarkable in Tampa.

I liked his nickname, his dance and he was a big personality.  

I would not give him another shot here. If they want to, it’s for vet min.  No incentives.  And he can compete for a roster spot on TC.

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, Haz was a fool and Barry was, as expected from the day he was hired, the worst DC in the history of modern football.  So, I kinda get his beef.

That said, I never thought he really lived up to the hype and he certainly didn’t do anything remarkable in Tampa.

I liked his nickname, his dance and he was a big personality.  

I would not give him another shot here. If they want to, it’s for vet min.  No incentives.  And he can compete for a roster spot on TC.

Pretty sure Baker was a UDFA, so.... no hype

he was good enough here he got a decent contract out of his run

But if he comes back it would be for a low contract and he plays NT

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know some have mentioned Anderson at ILB but wonder how that would go especially because his short and long speed is slow.  And the Mo LB is typically the faster-rangier guy.  Foster seems set at the Mike.

To your point, I agree.  I think it adds a lot of pressure for the FO to lose Breeland, Z. Brown, Murphy, Galette.  I think its easy (me included) to discount the guys who leave in FO and zone in on the new toys.  But the tradeoff as for who is gone matter clearly in the scheme of things.  Losing for example Garcon and D. Jax last year had a deeper impact than I think many expected including me.

If we got Compton back at MLB or Vigil and lose that speed we had with Brown -- it likely has an impact.  And our corners are Dunbar/Moreau, Holsey, Norman -- might not be the same as Breeland, Fuller, Norman.  Galette come on towards the end of the season.  If Galette and Murphy are gone -- its on Ryan Anderson to spell Kerrigan and Preston.   All of this is likely a step back. So hopefully, Finlay's take is wrong.

I was fine letting Breeland walk before we traded Fuller, now I’m ok with it, but I think we either need a slot guy in FA or before the late rounds of the draft.  

I understand if we let Brown walk, but we need to add a viable starter, again, through FA or the draft.  

I understand letting Galette walk, but I would definitely make at least a one year offer to Murphy.

If we go into the draft ‘needing’ all 3 of those positions... that would be a huge failure IMO.  

35 minutes ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

Redskins will be one of players for Randall Cobb

I'm not seeing him as officially released?

I've seen it suggested that the Ravens could release Jeremy Maclin after a poor 2017.  Could the Skins kick the tires on him?  He had decent seasons with Alex Smith as his QB

Idk about the CB situation. I thought it was a foregone conclusion Breeland was gonna walk after they gave Dunbar the extension. I expected Dunbar to take over and Moreau to unseat him eventually. The Fuller trade mixed things up but they're throwing Holsey's name out there. I'm sure we'll pick up another DB to add depth but I think the primaries are set. 

At OLB I can't see us not trying to keep Murphy. Preston has yet to show any consistency. He disappears somewhere between weeks 3-15. I just don't see anything special from him coming off the edges.  He doesn't set hard edges against the run and still doesn't have one pass rush move that he's perfected. I guess he's better in coverage than Murphy. But that's only an assumption based purely on age. The F/O head already told Gallette to hit the streets in no uncertain terms. I think he'd like to stay but the brass isn't trying to pony up much more than vet min.

Zach Brown was huge for us in the middle last year inspite of the injuries. His speed and athleticism was a major upgrade from years past. I like Compton but he's no Zach Brown. With that being said bring him back for depth. Because bless his heart, but we can't be serious trying to plug the middle with the likes of Vigil, Martelle, Clemons, and whatever effort guy we can pull off the streets. I just don't think you can have a good defense w/ out a legitimate field general in your front seven.(Preferable MLB)

And last but not least. We got a stable of broke down backs that don't do anything one thing specifically well. CT is the firecracker. We still don't have a true featured back. For the love of all football sanity don't even regurgitate the dude's name who just got cut by Tampa. Their backfield is as bad if not worse than ours. I've heard it whispered about transitioning Kelley into a FB. I'd give Perrine another season to figure it out. I'm most intrigued about Keith Marshall staying healthy and making it through a training camp. F/A tires I'd kick, Isaiah Crowell and Micah Hyde.

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I get to Listen to Tampa am radio often. They couldn’t wait to get rid of Swaggy. They said he was terrible for the locker room, and not very productive on top of that. 

So....Same story. Pass.

I'm not sure if it was true but I read he didn't want to play NT here and that's what got him the boot. That and he left here w/ bad blood so now he's got no suitors. Gonna take a hard pass on that one.

3 hours ago, carex said:

Pretty sure Baker was a UDFA, so.... no hype

he was good enough here he got a decent contract out of his run

But if he comes back it would be for a low contract and he plays NT

Baker was very much hyped up from 2013 to his leaving in FA, at the very least by Redskins fans and reporters. He's all soundbites and little action. The only defining moment in his career with us that I remember is his hit on Nick Foles that got him an ejection. Half of ES loved him for 'playing his heart out', the other half hated that he decided to get himself ejected over a late hit on a QB. The rest of his attention comes from locker room soundbites and fooling around in press conferences.

I saw as much impact from McGee and McClain as I did from Baker. I'm sure he's an okay depth player, but unless he's willing to come with a discount, I'm absolutely fine with him staying gone.

Archived