Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:
More

Doug Williams: “We need to upgrade at runningback. No doubt about it.”

5 replies17 retweets25 likes

On reflection, I actually think we could pick up a RB in both FA and the draft. Keep CT25 and the rest become camp fodder. 

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

I could live with us picking up Talib, top CBs are getting 15mil py so he's a bracket below that contract wise. 

2 hours ago, Tay said:

This happens a lot. Things get leaked to the media quite often before they are finalized and players find out on twitter

Exactly!

This has been happening since the beginning of time in sports.  Social Media has taken over on how things get "reported", but players always find out they've been traded after they've been traded.

Wilkerson needs a good coach... and Tomsula is a no BS kind of guy... You have to rely on our coaches to do what they do best and if Tomsula can't do it, then he is in fact Haynesworth 2.0.

But i think its foolish not to give it a look when he now becomes arguably the most talented DE/DT on the open market, up there with Richardson, Poe, etc.

He's much better than Logan.

a line with Allen - Ioannidis - Wilkerson, with hopefully Galette/Smith/Kerrigan on the outsides and Brown/Foster inside is just ridiculous....

19 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The Jets released Muhammad Wilkerson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917989/article/jets-cut-muhammad-wilkerson-2-years-after-megadeal

Should the Redskins be interested?

The article says he has serious character issues.

Vet min + incentives

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

I am curious if he would entertain the idea of moving to FS?

I think this pretty much sums up most views about the Zach Brown situation.

https://www.dchotread.com/2018/02/28/redskins-mistake-zach

So in a nut-shell – Brown and his agent essentially want around $10 million per year, presumably on a multi-year deal.

He wants Wagner money and much better than the other inside linebackers, even though he’s clearly not better than Wagner or Kuechly. He’s a free agent at the right time and the market usually only goes up.

He has a right to ask for that, but that money for one-year or a multi-year commitment should not come from the Washington Redskins.

Sorry, but I can’t pay even close to $10 million per year for a player that struggled in pass coverage all year long and cannot call the defense, as of right now. That’s been the knock-on Brown throughout his entire career. He’s regarded as more of an athlete than technician, which is fine, but in my eyes, it makes him not worth it.

I would be very surprised if Brown gets anywhere close to $10 million per year, but I could be totally wrong. All it takes is one team.

The Redskins seem prepared to wait out the market, as they should, and see if Brown comes back to them if he realizes quickly that his price tag is too high.

If he does and the Redskins can get him on a significantly lower AAV (6-7 million), then they should do a multi-year deal in the three-year neighborhood, but I wouldn’t do more.

I

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I think this pretty much sums up most views about the Zach Brown situation.

https://www.dchotread.com/2018/02/28/redskins-mistake-zach

So in a nut-shell – Brown and his agent essentially want around $10 million per year, presumably on a multi-year deal.

He wants Wagner money and much better than the other inside linebackers, even though he’s clearly not better than Wagner or Kuechly. He’s a free agent at the right time and the market usually only goes up.

He has a right to ask for that, but that money for one-year or a multi-year commitment should not come from the Washington Redskins.

Sorry, but I can’t pay even close to $10 million per year for a player that struggled in pass coverage all year long and cannot call the defense, as of right now. That’s been the knock-on Brown throughout his entire career. He’s regarded as more of an athlete than technician, which is fine, but in my eyes, it makes him not worth it.

I would be very surprised if Brown gets anywhere close to $10 million per year, but I could be totally wrong. All it takes is one team.

The Redskins seem prepared to wait out the market, as they should, and see if Brown comes back to them if he realizes quickly that his price tag is too high.

If he does and the Redskins can get him on a significantly lower AAV (6-7 million), then they should do a multi-year deal in the three-year neighborhood, but I wouldn’t do more.

I

From what's going around he's going to probably hit FA but in the end will sign here.

23 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I'm actually curious, do you have a breakdown of how many snaps he lined up at SS vs FS?  I can't find it anywhere.  

Nope. Just going off of what I could tell from watching the games (I don't have all 22) and from what I heard on the radio and read online. I'd like to see the breakdown as well...to see how full of it I might be...

I love DJ's toughness but he is not a free safety that can play center field. I prefer to utilize his abilities as an in the box SS and playing as a robber in zone.  I guarantee you teams will exploit the top of the defense if DJ is penciled in as the starting FS due to his lack of deep speed.  I liked what I saw in Monte Nicholson but the jury is still out on him starting at FS because his sample size is so small due to injury.

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I love DJ's toughness but he is not a free safety that can play center field. I prefer to utilize his abilities as an in the box SS and playing as a robber in zone.  I guarantee you teams will exploit the top of the defense if DJ is penciled in as the starting FS due to his lack of deep speed.  I liked what I saw in Monte Nicholson but the jury is still out on him starting at FS because his sample size is so small due to injury.

Jay spoke of it at the combine and said he wants DJ at SS only this year and that Monte is healthy and ready to go.  They felt they were putting too much on DJ, not that he couldn't handle it, but they want him focused on only strong safety, calling plays, getting people in the right position. 

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Jay spoke of it at the combine and said he wants DJ at SS only this year and that Monte is healthy and ready to go.  They felt they were putting too much on DJ, not that he couldn't handle it, but they want him focused on only strong safety, calling plays, getting people in the right position. 

Watching the interview now in the Sua post :)

Despite reports saying otherwise, Jay Gruden says Redskins not planning on trading Su'a Cravens. Said he first of the trade idea on the ticker.

1. Gruden said opposite WR Josh Doctson he'd like to see a guy with more juice, more speed to 'take the top off from time-to-time,' but also said he likes 'all-purpose' guys that can do a little bit of everything #Redskins

2. Gruden on RB position said an "all-purpose guy would be nice" #Redskins

2 replies5 retweets5 likes

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Despite reports saying otherwise, Jay Gruden says Redskins not planning on trading Su'a Cravens. Said he first of the trade idea on the ticker.

1. Gruden said opposite WR Josh Doctson he'd like to see a guy with more juice, more speed to 'take the top off from time-to-time,' but also said he likes 'all-purpose' guys that can do a little bit of everything #Redskins

2. Gruden on RB position said an "all-purpose guy would be nice" #Redskins

2 replies5 retweets5 likes

A guy with more juice, more speed to 'take the top off from time-to-time,' but also said he likes 'all-purpose' guys that can do a little bit of everything:

Mike Wallace?

An "all-purpose guy would be nice":

Draft?

5 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

A guy with more juice, more speed to 'take the top off from time-to-time,' but also said he likes 'all-purpose' guys that can do a little bit of everything:

Mike Wallace?

An "all-purpose guy would be nice":

Draft?

I think that might rule out Taylor Gabriel.    He tends to be big on the blocking component and I think he mentioned that again..  Albert Wilson is a good pass blocker but is he just a slot guy?    Sammy Watkins is a big dude that can run multiple type of routes, good blocker too

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think that might rule out Taylor Gabriel.    He tends to be big on the blocking component and I think he mentioned that again..  Albert Wilson is a good pass blocker but is he just a slot guy?    Sammy Watkins is a big dude that can run multiple type of routes, good blocker too

I don't think Gabriel (5'8' 165lbs) or Wilson (5'9' 200lbs) are on the radar due to their lack of size.  Sammy Watkins is going to be expensive and there is a strong possibility that there could be a bidding war for his services. Compound that with concerns regarding his history with injuries and I would prefer to look elsewhere.  I do believe that Jay wants to add a veteran receiver to lead the current corps of young receivers we currently have.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

In McVay's offense, Tavon Austin only gained 317 yards from scrimmage and scored only once last season.  I highly doubt Jay would add Austin based on his lack of product, let alone his 5'8" 165 frame.  I would prefer to keep Ryan Grant.

He'd fit with what Gruden would scheme for Smith. Get an outside receiver as well.

Archived